main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive 2009 Fan Art Holiday Gift Exchange

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HanSolo29 , Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I want to get this started early this year to ensure that everyone has enough time to create a gift and hopefully get more people involved this year and really make this a success!

This will be taking the place of the traditional December Art Challenge. Of course, if you're still interested in having a December challenge, please express your interest in this thread. If enough people want to run both simultaneously, I can go ahead and arrange it. :)

[color=red][b]Welcome to the Second Annual Fan Art Gift Exchange![/b][/color]

With the holidays approaching, we all know it's that time of year again to find the perfect gift for friends and loved ones. Why not expand that holiday cheer to include the boards and give someone the gift of art? This will work very similar to a Secret Santa gift exchange but instead of picking anything, you will be exchanging a piece of fan art.

[color=red][b]How to Participate:[/b][/color]

Add your name to the list below and be sure to express your interests(characters, scenes, vehicles) to help your match come up with the perfect gift.

Example:

1. skywalker_fan1138 - Luke Skywalker, Jedi, The Battle of Yavin

Once everyone has signed up, I will randomly match you up with someone else on the list and PM you their information. Your job is then to create a piece of original fan art based on the information they provided. Starting December 24th, I will create a separate thread for everyone to post their completed gifts and exchange holiday wishes.

Please copy and paste the list below and add your name to the next available space. Feel free to add more spaces if you run out of room:

[color=red][b]Deadlines:[/b][/color]

Please sign up by [b]Wednesday, November 18th at midnight board time.[/b] I will then put the matches together and have them in your PM boxes no later than [b]November 19th[/b].

You will then have the remainder of November and the entire month of December to create the perfect gift for your match. The final thread will then be posted on Christmas Eve, [b]December 24th[/b] but you will have until [b]January 1st[/b] to complete your gift and post it in the thread.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask! And remember, have fun! :)

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    1. earlybird-obi-wan; Obi-Wan and Siri during the JQ area or Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    1. earlybird-obi-wan; Obi-Wan and Siri during the JQ area or Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon
    2. AzureAngel2, Padmé and Anakin between the CW & ROTS or Vader from ANH on

4. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    3. ShrunkenJedi: CT trio *or* Ani/Vader and Obi-Wan (either PT or CT, and can be AU- but not slash, please)

5. Mekairinek

Mekairinek Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2009
    3. ShrunkenJedi: CT trio *or* Ani/Vader and Obi-Wan (either PT or CT, and can be AU- but not slash, please)
    4. Mekairinek: Cad Bane (from 'Clone Wars') OR Carth Onasi & a Female Revan (mine is Light Side; is black with short, dark hair. I give you free reign to come up with a design besides that) from 'Knights of the Old Republic' (the game)

6. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    4. Mekairinek: Cad Bane (from 'Clone Wars') OR Carth Onasi & a Female Revan (mine is Light Side; is black with short, dark hair. I give you free reign to come up with a design besides that) from 'Knights of the Old Republic' (the game)
    5. Nightsaber: Jacen Solo and Allana during Fury or Ben Skywalker and Vestara Khai (In a fight or in love, I don't care)

7. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Realized I better clarify something in my request, pardon me.

3. ShrunkenJedi: CT trio *or* Ani/Vader and Obi-Wan (either PT or CT, and can be AU- but not slash, please). Also, secular/generic holiday or possibly Channukah themed rather than Christmas is preferred if holiday themed.
    5. Nightsaber: Jacen Solo and Allana during Fury or Ben Skywalker and Vestara Khai (In a fight or in love, I don't care)

8. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    3. ShrunkenJedi: CT trio *or* Ani/Vader and Obi-Wan (either PT or CT, and can be AU- but not slash, please). Also, secular/generic holiday or possibly Channukah themed rather than Christmas is preferred if holiday themed.
    6.Corellian_Outrider: Corran Horn and Mirax Terrik or Rogue Squadron (On a mission or in the hanger, I don't mind).

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Looking good so far, everyone!

Just keep in mind that the deadline is coming up on Wednesday night!

I'll see about signing up myself. It all depends if my computer is working by then and I have a scanner to actually get the images online. We'll see what happens by Wednesday.

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Sign-ups are now closed!

If you still wish to participate, please post a note here in this thread and I will try to accommodate you.

I apologize for the delay in getting the ball rolling on this. I had major computer and internet issues this past week and I'm only now getting back to normal. The PM with your match should be in your inboxes shortly. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask! :)

11. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Ha, now I remember what I did sign up for. Thank you!

[face_blush]

The Mexican flue mixed up my thoughts for a while or it was the strong medicine against pneumonia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.