main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2009 FanFic Awards Entertainment Thread! Cutting Room Floor Entertainment now posted!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jedi_Master_Cazz, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Entertainment Definition:

1. An activity designed to give pleasure or relaxation to an audience, no matter whether the audience participates passively as in watching opera or a movie, or actively as in games.

2. A show put on for the enjoyment or amusement of others.

- Wikipedia.

But of course, we know that.;)

This is the Entertainment Organization Thread!

Ceremony dates:

Before - July 18
    Saga - July 25
    Beyond - August 1

The final deadline for entertainment is one week before each of the ceremonies. Entertainment deadlines:

Before - July 11
    Saga - July 18
    Beyond - July 25

Some ideas I've been thinking of is some interaction with the lead-up to the Awards. Think of the fan fare leading up to the Oscars. The Red Carpet, the interviews, the scandals, the gossip.:D I've written up a piece of my own, if you would like a copy of it for inspiration and for a place to get started, PM me.

You can interview characters, authors (with permission,) and, when the nomination lists are released, incorporate references to them too.

Or, if you have your own piece, just PM it into me.:)

We're looking for art, poetry, song parodies, skits, and anything else that is humorous and/or entertaining. If you like creating any of those, now is the time to show off your talents!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the thread of PM me. You're more than welcome to submit bright and early. ;) Please make sure that the entertainment conforms to the TOS and fanfic guidelines. Anything that is sent in will be greatly appreciated and posted here in this thread after the Awards, provided that it conforms to the previous point.

Also, if you have ideas for things to do but are unable to create them yourself, just post your brainwave in the thread for other members to adopt!

Please contribute! The entertainment is a major part of the Awards and will make all three Ceremonies a zany blast! If your muse spontaneously combusts with that sleep-deprived, caffeine-induced inspiration at 2:30 in the morning, use it and craft it into something spectacular! It's a great opportunity to expand our deviousness and graduate from making jokes about duct tape, to a real class act.;):cool:

Credit to NYCitygurl for her '08 Entertainment Thread. I based a great deal of this off her own template.[face_blush]

[b]EDIT:[/b]

Here's the Entertainment that was written but was not used for the Awards, hope you like!

[b]BEFORE.[/b]

?Well there certainly was some speculation this year wasn?t there, Den??

Den rolled his eyes while the holo camera?s changed to his close up, there was speculation every year.

?Why yes there was Hallis! And by such a small margin to boot!?

?Now we all know that, allegedly, Jedi aren?t competitive, but Master Jinn did look on the sour side after the nomination meeting last week,? said Hallis Saper, freelance journalist. Though to Den Dhur, she was little more than just another leeching paparazzi.

?Yes folks, it?s true. Obi-Wan Kenobi has won the wager by one nomination,? Dhur announced. ?He now holds the highest amount of nominations this year, 22 nominations! While his largest competitive, his own Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, is on 21!?

?Lost by his whiskers wouldn?t you say Dhur??

The Sullustian grimaced through his teeth, ?Quite.?

?But though Jedi Master Jinn isn?t nominated on his own individual part this year, many of his nominations his Padawan shares with him, with a few exceptions,? he added for good measure.

?With odds like that, both are bound to be part of the collaborative mix that are awarded this year, regardless of Kenobi?s achievements,? Saper added.

?However, with 21 nominations to Master Jinn?s name, which is an achievement in itself, I would be very surprised if he did not walk away smiling,? Saper declar

2. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    I had a blast helping out last year - I'd love to contribute again. :)

- Serena

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm so excited to see what everyone comes up with! The interviews with characters is a great idea :D

4. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    Cool Serena, got any ideas?;)

5. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Hmm... I'm working on it! I like the whole gossip thing, might come up with something about that. I'd also like to maybe interview a few SW characters (canon), maybe make a few skits with that. I confess, though, I'm not that great with changing song lyrics to fit SW. :p

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I, as usual, will submit copiously.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    Ish, I was counting on you doing so.:p Because I know it'll be fantastic.

Serena, great, I'm gonna send you what I've written as an opening ceremony run down, because its sort of hard to explain. I'd post in here, but I don't want to spoil everyone. ;)

Some scandals that could be written (by anyone)...

* A/P secret marriage shock!:eek:

* Obi-wan's (unproved) controversial romantic connections with Ventress.[face_thinking]

* Yoda's expensive pro active skin care subscription burning a hole in the tax payers pockets.:p

* Mace Windu releasing his own line of hair care.:p

Try and choose things that are happening in our own world right now. Watch ET for inspiration of the entertainment industry's usual breaking stories.;)

And remember, all timezones need some entertainment, Before, Saga, and Beyond.:)

8. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    Three weeks until the Before Ceremony people! I'd like to have the pieces in before one week prior to each ceremony, that leaves two weeks until the Before Ceremony, so get your Entertainment pieces polished and submitted!:)

9. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    Before Entertainment entries are now over, as the Ceremony is in only a few days![face_dancing] Now accepting Saga and Beyond Entertainment for the Awards.

10. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    The Before entertainment was awesome, y'all! =D=

(I especially loved my Mod song. [face_blush] I don't know who keeps coming up with all these great songs for me, but THANKS! They're a lot of fun. :D)

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Me both years. I'm glad you like :)

12. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    You rock, lady! [:D]

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
  14. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    Well the majority of the Before entertainment was NYCityGurl with her entertainment genius. I definitely owe her some cover art, I can only hope she'll be able to lend her talents to the Saga and Beyond Ceremonies also.[face_batting]

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I will so take you up on that :p

16. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    You're welcome to it;)

17. BaronCoop

BaronCoop Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2006
    OK, I've been gone for a while (like a LONG while), but is it too late to help out with .... anything? I can make more cheesecake!

18. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    You can help with Beyond if you'd like? Lily's being generous and is open to accepting Beyond entertainment for that Ceremony till the end of the week.;)

19. BaronCoop

BaronCoop Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2006
    Yay! I can help! Now I just gotta figure out who Lily is.....

20. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    LilyHobbitJedi, she's hosting the Beyond Ceremony.:)

21. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Sep 13, 2005
    Just posting to let everyone know that I should have the extra Entertainment posted by this afternoon.;)

22. MindyMe

MindyMe Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2010
    The mix with the red carpet and th Star Wars stars was an awesome idea!! Very well done!!=D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.