Richmond,VA 2009 Star Wars Related Events

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TGaines1, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TGaines1 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Just a reminder some of the 501st and Rebel Legion guys & gals will be at Toys R Us off Midlothian Trnpk this Saturday 11/22/08
    Noon-2pm to promote the Toys for Tots campaign this Xmas. Come on out if you can and buy a Star Wars toy for a child!
  2. ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling

star 3
  3. JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan

star 4
  4. TD6829 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Helmet shiny...CHECK

Armor prepped....CHECK

Lord Vader ready to see some smiles.....CHECK!

See you guys today!
  5. Shivann_D Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Dont forget about the Christmas Parade.....December 6th down Broad Street from the Science Museum to 7th street.
    See you all then
  6. TGaines1 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Next up the Richmond Xmas parade! I'm looking forward to seeing lotsa Star Wars characters. I'm really hoping the weather makes good as well. Seems the parade ends on 7th street (same street The Coliseum is on). If you're going to get out and watch the parade, I'd recommend parking in one of the parking decks on 7th either above or across from The Coliseum. You can show up an hour or so after the parade starts. There's always few people down there at the end and you get to see it all come right past before it breaks up as well as be the first to leave with quick access to 95/64!
  7. Shivann_D Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Both Star Wars groups will be in the first 5 or so to march in the parade. We are going to make a HUGE impact this year.
    I would recommend getting to the parade route early. The parade starts at 10am and if you want to see it from the end of the route then I woudl say that you could get there about 10:30ish to get a good spot.
    Hope to see everyone there.

8. TGaines1 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Wow! What a great parade! I really enjoyed seeing both the 501st and Rebel Legion march. They got some great air time, especially our CR Danny, who musta got at least 5 seconds worth of a full on shot in his Rex! Thats alot of time considering they spent that on most entire units in the parade! I bet those guys were COLD that morning. I think both contingents were a little larger last year but the addition of the R2 units was really cool. Unfortunately, they didnt show R2KT but we got a good shot of old R2! As a big fan of Star Wars, it was the climax of the parade. I was yelling and having fun when both Legions showed up. Really cool and those of us that marched, you all looked really good.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.