main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2010 Costume Projects and Wish Lists!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by luminousbeing78, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chibi_Drow

Chibi_Drow Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2009
    Before I start, I want to mention that I do not mean costumes for me, but rather doll costumes. (What can I say? I enjoy working in miniature.)

Anyway, since I just got a copy of the Dressing A Galaxy book (yeah!), I'm hoping to be able to do at least one of Padme's outfits this year. No clue which one. It'll most likely be from Ep. II, and I know that it won't be one of her senate outfits, but that's all.

Fun, huh? [:D]

2. Neimhaille

Neimhaille Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2002
    Good luck Chibi Drow :) Be sure to post pics here :)

Yay Kristin :D Congrats :)

3. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    That's a gorgeous dress Kristin! Congrats!

Everyone seems to have some fantastic costumes on their to-do lists.

I finally got permissions to borrow someone's sewing machine so my projects will be going more quickly now.

My goal is to finish up my Q'Anilia costume (from the KOTOR comics) and work more on Queen Talia (from KOTOR II). Maybe I'll even start on a cape for Nomi Sunrider (the outfit in my avatar). Without constant access to a sewing machine and my obsession with mocking up everything, I don't expect to get a lot done.

4. Chibi_Drow

Chibi_Drow Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2009
    Thank you, Neimhaille! I've narrowed it down more, and I think that it'll end up being the Packing Gown (yes, it's a senate outfit. I'm very indecisive). Mostly cause I already have some of the materials. :)

Okay, when I have some to post, I will! [:D]

5. SweetForce13

SweetForce13 Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2010
    Are there patterns out there for the Ahsoka costume?

Ty

[tankrgrl]Well- I am a newbie to the boards, however for 2010 I do have a list of remakes and 2 new costumes

Remakes:
    My Padme flight suit- I basicaly want to redo the whole thing, it was ok, but not as accurate as I wanted
    Hubby's Darth Maul belt and robe refashion- I need to make the pleats better and th ebelt needs to be adjustable since he lost 5lbs right before wearing it and it wasn't as snug as we wanted.

New Costumes:
    Ahsoka space suit and headpiece for daughter
    Anakin Clone Wars costume for son

The new ones I would like to get done by CV, we are planning on going and the munchkins want to go in costume, they'd wear the 2 new ones and the 2 from halloween that I made.

:D Should be easy enough- at least I'm not making 6 whole costumes from scratch again!![/quote]

6. crystal1980

crystal1980 Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2010
    You guys should check out Fancy Dress Outfits, costumes and accessories needed for any occasion or theme is there. Costumes for both for male and female can be found at Fancy Dress, you should check it out if you need some idea's.

7. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    crystal1980 , welcome to the boards, but I think you might need to read the sticky note thread at the top of the page about posting links about unlicensed dealers and the like. The following is taken straight from the forum rules on that thread:

-Do not post links to unlicensed costume and prop dealers. You may use the private messaging system to share links with other users, but posting them in the forum is strictly against the rules. Doing so will result in your post being edited and repeat offenders will be dealt with accordingly.

-No soliciting. This includes creating threads with the sole purpose of asking where to purchase unlicensed costumes and props or asking for someone to make and sell you an unlicensed costume and/or prop.

:D

Laura

8. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Those are just basically Halloween or party costumes on that site.

Let's see if that person comes back and makes any more posts anywhere else
    . o_O

9. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    That's what I'm waiting for as well. :p

10. crystal1980

crystal1980 Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2010
    Wow, you try and share a cool place and people think you are spam. I understand why but really.....

11. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Anyone else have updates from their 2010 list?

I did actually manage to make the Deleted Scene gown, but only because I stumbled into the perfect fabric. I was just going to toss the idea of making this becuase my original fabric was pure crap and I knew I could never be happy with the completed costume if I had made it from the other fabric.

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/costumes/completed/naboofamilygown/large/1%20Padme.jpg] [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/costumes/completed/naboofamilygown/large/3%20Padme.jpg]

I even got myself a little something extra, a Star Wars Tattoo ;)

12. luminousbeing78

luminousbeing78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2005
    Looks awesome, Kristin!! Isn't it like the universe falls into place when you find, by accident, the perfect fabric for a costume? [face_mischief] BTW, very cool tatoo. Did you design it?

13. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I know! I knew Will would shoot me for buying more fabric, but he loves this costume now that's done ;)

Thanks! Yes I did. The center is the Rebel Bird with an Imperial Cog inside. Each side has a henna tattoo inspired design. I love flur delis and scroll work, so it was only natural that it be part of my tattoo... makes it more decorative lol

Here's a better shot
    [image=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs270.snc4/39821_10150216529330015_530425014_13656874_5559239_n.jpg]

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Queen of Hearts was finished!

It wasn't 100%, since my wig ended up horrid so I had to use my own hair and use temp-spray dye, and I was wearing Betty Boop flip flops, and it was a bit too loose, but overall, I'm just glad I finished the damn thing.

[image=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4128/4836267321_772762bd45_b.jpg]

Ashley Eckstein geeked out over my dress, since she's a HUGE Alice fan.

[image=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4104/4832912109_1cc0c98774_b.jpg]

15. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Finishing up the last details for my CV costumes. I've updated quite a lot on my a-wing pilot, a new vest and new spats for example. I also have the finishing touches left for my costume contest project, not much but as usual it's the finishing that takes a lot longer than expected.

16. Kelldar

Kelldar Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2003
    I've finished Ms Marvel and Jane from Tarzan:
    [image=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4003/4542022559_16bd700d69.jpg] [image=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4025/4552680563_579450e3b2.jpg]
    Also re-did the sleeves on my Ceremonial Leia dress from a few years ago.

Now I'm working on Dragoncon stuff - I've got Black Widow, Donna Troy and Mara Jade's Arica disguise each nearly done, got a few other things to finish... :)

17. darkerdave

darkerdave Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2010
    Hey Ms Marvel looks totally wicked! Props to you (excuse the pun).

18. padme9055

padme9055 Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2010
    I'm new to the whole costuming thing and coming into it very late in the year, but I already have a list :) .

3 of Susan's Green Archery Dress - I have two of these to make for swaps and then I want to make one for me

Han Solo - for my youngest brother

Luke ANH - for my other brother

Leia Senatorial - For me :)

Indian dress - for my baby sister

The ones for my siblings are for Halloween, so I'm glad they haven't picked anything too terribly hard :) . The rest are to be made as I have time and materials.

19. darkerdave

darkerdave Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2010
    The Leia Senatorial sounds like a good option - hope it goes well :)

20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    So I managed to get my secret costume finished, and even if I can still make improvements, I loved walking around in it, even if it was pretty hectic. Next time I need to have a handler with me from the start.

[image=http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d103/bandykullan/2010/Florida/IMG_1117.jpg]

swirl

Not visible, but this is the reason why the petticoat took the longest time to make, and there's probably more than a 100 metres of ruffles there.

[image=http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d103/bandykullan/creations/IMG_1068.jpg]

21. padme9055

padme9055 Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2010
    WOW! That is a totally cool, totally wild and original idea! Great job on the skirt. I love the way the petticoat has alternating layers of color.

22. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    I intend to finish last year's halloween costume project: Guardian from ReBoot!

That's probablly as far as I'll get.

23. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I just started working on a costume that may be the coolest thing I've ever done.
    [image=http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/ec/f5/aa9966434820b525061871596629.jpeg]
    I've bought the Boba Fett toy blaster.
    [image=http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/Boba-Fett-Blaster_1266340193.jpg]
    Going to work on the paint job tomorrow. I have the belt packs coming in soon as well as the gauntlets. Currently bidding on the chest armor on eBay. Then once I get the chicken costume from Party City, I'll be able to start piecing it all together.

Can't wait!

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Johanna, THE PETTICOAT IS IN THE IMPERIAL COG OMG!!! That is way too awesome.

Skinnee, that will be HILARIOUS. :D

25. Kelldar

Kelldar Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2003
    That is SO COOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.