Mod!Challenge 2010 Dare Challenge! *****Dares Listed Pg 8!*****

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jedi Trace, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
    I bet there are a few other dares that haven't been written.

Drop me a PM if so. :)
  2. Raphire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Wow. We just aren't giving Kelia a break are we. [face_laugh]

But yeah I noticed another mistake. Con?t Go Changing by Jade_eyes Lol

I have a stupid question as well. Are we voting for which story we liked best or which Dare we liked?
  3. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    You'll want to vote for which story you liked best.

Most Outrageous dare will be voted on by the mods, just because we've seen them all.
  4. SithGirl132 Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_blush] Yeah, I didn't get around to writing my dare. My life has lately been imploding again and again... though I will write the story and get it posted someday.
  5. ViariSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Just to double check... do we vote for our favorite response in each era, or do we vote for one overall favorite?
  6. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Vote for 1 overall favorite.
  7. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I sent in my vote. It was hard to choose just one! There were so many great stories to choose from that fit the difficult challenges.
  8. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Just a reminder to those who have not cast their vote yet - you have until midnight tonight, board time. :)
  9. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    So when do we get to see the results? :D
  10. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    First Place Winners

We have a 3-way tie! Congrats to:

Bri-Windstar
    Jade_Max
    ViariSkywalker

Enjoy your week of colors!!

Second Place Winner

PonyTricks

Enjoy your 48 hours of colors!!

Most Outrageous Dare

TheMacUnleashed for this wicked, wicked dare:

I dare you to write a story that:
    -isn't humor.
    -features another character from another science fiction fandom.
    -has no OC's.
    -includes the words beryl, ochroid, heliotrope, viridian and achromatic.
    -is written either in the form of three Shakespearean sonnets, 14 haiku, or twenty-one rhyming couplets. You may combine these forms; however, your fic must be written in verse, and it must be forty-two lines long.

Okay Mac, you get to pick our, the mods, colors and icons for one week. When you?re deciding, just remember ? we have ban powers.

:p

Just kidding.

You can post our punishment here or send us a PM.

For the winners, please PM one of us mods when you would like to begin using your colors. :)

Finally, congratulations to all who participated. The dares and responses were absolutely great!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

11. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
  12. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Congrats to the winners!!

And Mac, there are some pretty fabulously horrible icons out there - choose well :D
  13. PonyTricks Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you!! [:D] @};- I will wear my colors proudly! :D
  14. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    Congratulations to the winners =D= =D= =D=

Oh, and MacUnleashed, I am trying to write that evil dare even though it won't be part of the actual challenge since i already wrote the dare i was originally given. I have to start all over because I totally forgot that it wasn't supposed to be a humor piece. :oops:

Oh, and BTW, who won third place? Someone is supposed to get 24 hours of colors for third place. It says so in the first post of this thread...

15. The first place winner will get colors for one week.

16. The second place winner will get colors for 48 hours.

17. The third place winner will get colors for 24 hours.

18. The person who wins the Most Outrageous Dare will get to choose colors and icons for all four fanfic mods for one week.
  19. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    Congrats to the winners. :) (And also to everyone who participated. Everyone is a winner, votes or not.)

I thought the one I got was wild (Meatlump king), but that one... wow... [face_hypnotized]
  20. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    We decided that since there was a three way tie that we would only do first and second place which gave one more person colors than originally intended. There was not a clear third place finisher.
  21. Bri_Windstar Force Ghost

star 4
    Well this is certainly a pleasant surprise. :) Many hugs and congrats to Vi and Jade_Max!! [:D] @};- And to Ponytricks! Jobs well done all around. Thanks to those who voted. :)
  22. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
  23. ViariSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, thanks for the votes, guys! Twas a nice surprise. :D Congrats to Bri and Jade_Max; it's an honor to share first place with you two lovely and talented ladies. ;) [:D] Well done also to PonyTricks! Congrats! =D=

Definitely glad I gave this a shot this year. :p
  24. Alexis_Wingstar Force Ghost

star 4
    Hm... just a suggestion for future dare challenges, and it may make tallying the votes more time consuming, but perhaps we can take a page out of the RP/FF challenge where the voters actually vote for three winners, listing them in the order preferred. For example: Reader A says, "For first place I like Writer C for [Insert name of fic here], second place Writer D for [fic] and third place Writer E."

First place votes get 3 points, second 2 points, and 3rd 1 point. When the deadline for voting passes, you add up the points. I'm not sure if that way would make it more clear for all the placings or not, or perhaps make it so less people vote.

Another suggestion would be to open up the voting to the general readership, not just those who participated.
  25. GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  26. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    =D==D= Congrats to all the winners!
  27. Jade_Max Force Ghost

star 5
    Bri, Vi - 'tis an honor to share 1st place with you [:D]

Big congrads to PT [:D]

And huge round of applause =D= to everyone who participated [:D] the dares this year were a wide range of interestingly vague and wacky challenging and everything in between.

To those of you who didn't get them finished in time; keep plugging away! It'd be fabulous to see all the dares get written even if they're late!
  28. SoA Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Congrats all of you guys! All the stories were so much fun to read, I had a hard time deciding on who to pick.
  29. TheMacUnleashed Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    =D= Congrats to Bri-Windstar, Jade_Max, ViaraSkywalker and PonyTricks -all of the entries this year were awesome.

As for the colors and icons... [face_devil]

I request a purple background with coral letters and the icon on the left. If the link doesn't work, it's the one called "Spam!".

Alexis-Wingstar, I'm looking forwards to seeing it! :D I'm glad that you're doing it, even though it won't be counting as an official entry -I really want to see what you've come up with.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.