main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2010 Fanfic Resolutions

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by NYCitygurl, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh dear! Another year gone by...

1) Get with my ole Master and attempt to finish up Shroud of Darkness (though it's all but done except the Padme parts LOL)

2) Start up the tale I've mentioned about doing with Dooku having a daughter

3) Post the last chapter of The First (how sad that I've let that one drift so far away...it's all but done except for going over the draft one last time)

And to hopefully get internet and be able to read and review more fanfic from my fellow writers! [face_dancing] (though sadly I've been saying this for a while, gotta have the ole mullah to be able to do it, hopefully after taxes I'll be able to squeeze a lil to get it going :D )

Hope everybody's upcoming year and resolutions can be made! I'm gonna try for mine, that's for sure! [face_good_luck]

2. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Failed already on not starting a diary.:oops:
    I am so bad at keeping these!:_|

3. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    1. Get Recognition going again. I actually have some new material. Looks like CelseteAntola is one step ahead of me, though.
    2. SotF. More.
    3. Gaze forlornly at The Golden Siege at what could've been (i.e., rpt. 2009).
    4. Put up some of the stories I finished but never posted?essentially, be less lazy.
    5. Figure out an alternative for mass update PMs now that both Lazy's method and Kidan's utility no longer work (Note: Speak to professional as-seen-on-TV spammers).

Scratch the above. My new resolution is to write nothing, ever.

P.S. ? Are you sure the real reason I jumped ship wasn't because it took you so long to get to the party? One can only get so far without swigs of corellian ale liquid courage, you know. Ask everybody who's anybody. Yeah, I think that excuse is the best one yet :p

4. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    :eek::eek::eek:

Our stories have the same name!? What are the odds?? 8-}

At least they're not in the same eras. That would cause some confusion!!

Good luck on finishing your Recognition!

~Celeste

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I don't do resolutions, but I promise to write when the muse is feeling generous. :p

6. Salacious_Drabb

Salacious_Drabb Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 24, 2007
    Just one: Write at least one drabble every day. Some will be for whatever challenges I have left to finish, but others won't.

7. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    I'm bad at these because I never want to write one down that I don't believe I'll accomplish. And really the point of a resolution is to get you motivated to do more than you would have otherwise, not to describe what's going to happen regardless.

So maybe this year I should set my sights higher and not worry about failure come 2011.

1. Catch up with all the reading in my queue.
    2. Real Detective Stuff: Corellia - Finish it, post it.
    3. Write and post at least one of the short side stories I have brewing.
    4. Get good progress into either a third Braken Starblaster story or a sixth Galaxy Noir. Like, ten chapters let's say.
    5. Find and terminate Sarah Conner.

8. dark_jedi_lover

dark_jedi_lover Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 25, 2004
    1. Finish my Kotor drabbles.
    2. Read more books.
    3. Outline my original series.

There, that doesn't sound too daunting. 8-}

9. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I'm sticking with my tradition of not announcing any resolutions. However, I did fulfill my private 2009 resolution of posting at least one new story a month. :)

10. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I'd like to tie up some loose ends I left a few years ago when I took a break. Writing fan fiction didn't work so well with while earning my journalism degree.

I'd like to participate in more challenges.

11. SorasMemory

SorasMemory Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2010
    I'd like to finally finish my first crossover fanfic and stop being so A.D.D about it.

12. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Just one this year:

Remind myself why I started writing in the first place - because I love it and it's fun...and it's my outlet.

Not that it's not fun, but it's not supposed to be 'work' since I already have 1 job ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.