2010 FanForce Shindig

Discussion in 'Houston, TX' started by Sith-Trooper, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-Trooper Jedi Knight

Where: Brian's house in Kingwood(Northeast Houston)

When: Saturday February 27th from 2PM to whenever the last person passes out:)

Why: It's another excuse to drink(lowering ur midi-chlorian count) and be rowdy!!!

It's BYOB and Potluck. Tell me what you would like to bring so I can create a list here so people don't bring the same stuff. Of course having too many people bring Tatooine Tequila can't be a bad thing:p

BYOB/PotLuck List:
    1. Brian - Jabba's Jungle Juice, Sith Lord Sushi(arrive early if you want a sushi lesson) and Clone Trooper Cupcakes

I will be playing Episodes 1-6 throughout the day starting at 2PM. I know it's expected for most to be fashionably late which is why I'm starting with Episode 1 LOL. Episodes 4-6 will be in HD and on the "big screen" later that night.

I also have the following Star Wars games if anyone is interested in playing:
    Risk, Monopoly & Madlibs. Xbox KOTOR 1& 2. Xbox 360 The Force Unleashed and Lego:The Complete Saga.

Feel free to bring any Star Wars games/dvds that you would like to play as well as any cool props or costume pieces you would like to show.

Please PM me if you will be attending. Include in the PM your name(since I don't know everyone's real name in relation to their FanForce username), email address and/or phone number so I can provide you the directions to my place. I will send the info at least a week before the party. Please let me know at least a few days before the shindig so I can buy the proper amount of food.

Thanks and looking forward to this year's annual bash:)

BTW, anyone that brings a JarJar Pinata will be the most popular person at the party. LOL

2. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am in and will bring either snowtrooper or clone armor and suit up for a bit.
    Food to be determined later.

David
  3. ID6796 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Most likely I won't make the event.

The Rebel Legion has had an event on the books for a month or so from 2p to 6p and now it looks like the 501st also has another event the same day.

At best it would be 8 or so before I would be able to stop by and probably would be exhausted.

I will let you know if anything changes.

Thanks for invite.
  4. Sith-Trooper Jedi Knight

Hmmmmmm...no one at the Fanforce meeting mentioned any conflicting events. I wonder if we should reschedule to the previous weekend? Thoughts anyone?
  5. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    The 501st has an event at Space Center Houston that day. Its a clone event. We just got it a few days ago.
  6. Sith-Trooper Jedi Knight

Since it is specifically a clone event and not for all SW characters, I'm going to keep with the 27th as the date for the shindig. Thanks for the info John and David.

7. TK8171 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good Idea Brian. That event at SCH is a clone era event. I do not think that any of our FF peeps will be at that event. And the boyscout thing John is talking about is another event that will not be totally attended by our FF group. Meeting at your place will be great. [face_dancing]
  8. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    Still waiting to find out the hours for SCH. I will come after its over. We clones are few in numbers.
  9. _erikstormtrooper_ FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 2
    I will be coming, and I'll probably have my 7 y-o son (who is a Star Wars fan like his dad) with me. I might come earlier with him, bring him back home, then come back to the party later for the evening.

And I'll probably load up my car with Star Wars stuff to bring.

I'll also bring some food, but I don't know what yet. Any requests?
  10. Zakk Jedi Padawan

Make this an Event on the Houston FF Facebook group!
  11. Sith-Trooper Jedi Knight

Good idea. Could someone post it ASAP since I am not on Facebook? THX:)
  12. TI1420 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Check the 'Events' tab on the HFF page and you'll see it. I also set it to send invites to all the FB members.
  13. StormMoose Jedi Knight

star 2
    SCH event is canceled so i will be there.
  14. TK8171 Jedi Knight

star 1
    My wife will come with our daughter for a little while then take off, I will be there the whole time. Have not decided on what to bring yet.
  15. TK8171 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Great fanforce meeting and celebration guys. We will have to do that more often. Brian post those pics soon and great job on the sushi lessons. Looking forward to the next one.
  16. TI1420 Jedi Knight

star 2
    We had a great time! BIG thanks to Brian for hosting a fun party!
  17. deathbytrayitshallbe Jedi Padawan

The party was great! Thanks so much to Brian for hosting.

(And yes, Courtney and I look forward to becoming fledgling duelists. :D )
  18. _erikstormtrooper_ FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 2
    Brian, thanks for hosting the party. I had a great time, and so did my son. I'd say it was a huge success!

We now know we can pull of a yearly FanForce party. The previous incarnation of the FanForce was never this lucky, so we should all be greatful we have a committed group of fans.
  19. Sith-Trooper Jedi Knight

Your welcome everyone. I had a blast and really enjoyed everyone's company. I was amazed at how the Jabba Juice was well received for my first attempt. Hopefully it becomes a staple drink for the Houston Fan Force. LOL

Here's a link of the few pics I took. I had the camera in my pocket the whole time but always forgot since time flew by.

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/roadrages14/HFF%202-28-2010/
  20. EkulSirk_3263827 Jedi Padawan

Next shindig we should have a drinking duel--between Jabba's Jungle Juice and Mustafar Lava Libation (don't ask-I haven't come up with a recipe for this yet, just postulating the name). It will be tastier than the Blue Milk...Tatooine Tequila Twisters, maybe? The possibilities for names are endless...
    AHA!!! Mustafar Lava Margaritas!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.