main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon 2010 Light the Night Leukemia Walk

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AramysStrael, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    As some of you may know, I am a big supporter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, since it was leukemia that my older brother and grandfather (who died before I was even born) died of.

As such, I have been doing the Light the Night Leukemia Walk every year, for the last two years. This will mark the third annual Light the Night Walk that I have hosted for all Star Wars costumers, and fans, to attend. It would mean a great deal to me to have more participants, this year, to help raise money for this organization and go for a quick walk around Portland, for the cause.

First off, please join the team. How do you do that? Go here and join the team:
    http://pages.lightthenight.org/oswim/PortlndL10/TEAMSTARWARS

After that, tell all of your friends and family, to get them to help raise funds for the cause.

Set individual goals for money raised and do it. Last year Ralph's (a Biker Scout from Cloud City Garrison) daughter went door-to-door. I can't remember how much we raised off the top of my head, but every bit does help!

The team name is Team Star Wars. I named it such so that no one group is overshadowing the other. This is a team effort, not an image boster for one group or the other. However, this is a great way for every group to have some exposure, and have some interaction with each other. I encourage everybody to have business cards available for their respective groups.

So, with that, ALL members of the various Star Wars costuming clubs (and their families), as well as the OFF (or any FanForcer who happens to be in town, on that night) are invited to participate - Rebel, Imperial, Mandalorian, fanboys and girls, it doesn't matter. The only thing I ask, for those costumers, is that the costume fits the costuming standards of the respective costuming group.

Also, we still need spotters. So if a costume isn't up to spec (applies only to the costumers, here), please consider spotting. We can never have enough spotters.

Unlike the Starlight Parade, there is NO age restriction to participate. So bring the whole family and be prepared to have fun!

Have I forgot anything? I am sure someone will remind me....
    More details, as they develop!

What: 2010 Light the Night Leukemia Walk
    When: October 9, 2010 (start time 7pm, but they will want us there sooner - more information TBA)
    Where: Oregon Convention Center
    777 Northeast M L King Boulevard
    Portland, OR 97232
    (503) 235-7575

Why: To raise money and walk for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
    Who: Team Star Wars (Bill Kohlleppel, Team Captain)

ROSTER:
    Tavrik Gannon (that would be me!) - Merc

Possible:
    Bes'kad Prudii - Merc
    Dralshy'a Atiniir - Merc
    Jab Bas'dead + 2 - Merc

2. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    October. I'll be back in Italia. :(

3. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    And you will be missed!

- Bill

4. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Anybody else interested in this?

- Bill

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Somewhat interested. :D

6. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Somewhat interested? o_O

- Bill

7. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    If I am in town that night I will try to make it. But we may be on vacation (not scheduled yet, but will be sometime in Oct).

8. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Cool. Just let me know, man.

- Bill

9. Drago-Seron

Drago-Seron Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2010
    I'm in vod.

10. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I got you on the roster (on the Mercs list).

11. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Deal me in.:cool:

-Eric

12. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I saw you registered on the team, there, Eric. Will little Lucas be joining us, this year?

13. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    We are 3 days away from this event. We are currently sitting at 30% of our targeted goal. Please spread the word to your family and friends about supporting this cause. Crash generously donated the first $50, of this fundraising campaign.

I humbly ask each OFF member to support however they can. Even if anyone, here, can't support the team financially, or walk along side those of us who are, simply spreading the word to family and friends asking for donations to the team fund helps.

Thanks!

- Bill

14. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    The family and I are hoping to make it.....see you there!

15. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Excellent... I still have an OFF shirt for you. I will bring it with me and pass it on to you when I see you.

Here is the info that I posted to the Mercs:

So another co-worker gave me a check for $50. So right now we are sitting at $475 out of $501 raised. I am going to donate some money, a little later. I know that Ralph was planning on doing what he could to make goal.

I'd say we have made goal and I want to thank everyone for their help, especially with putting up with my crankiness. You guys do amazing work!

For those who are joining us tonight, meet at the Lloyd Center Cinema (outside) parking lot. Look for a U-Haul truck. That will serve as out mobile dressing room. I am not sure if I will have a light souce, so if anyone has a portable lamp, and can bring it, that would be appreciated. I am planning on having the truck in the parking lot between 3:00 - 3:30pm. That should give us plenty of time to meet, kit up and head on down to the Convention Center, by 4:30pm (as they have requested of us).

Looking forward to seeing everyone, tonight. If I am not mistaken, Drago, Hoot (from CCG), Ceric (Rebel Legion) should be there. I know Kora (Merc) was slated to be there, tonight, but I haven't heard, one way or another, whether she will make it. Wilson Kaine, from the Rebel Legion might be able to make it. We shall see.

If some wish to show up and join us, they are more than welcome. If anyone has any questions, I have my cellphone with me all day. Feel free to call me, as needed - 503.730.4037.

Thanks everyone.

- Bill

16. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Thanks Bill, it was a fun walk !!

17. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Yes it was....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.