main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2010 NHL Playoffs: Parity is not a *****!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Zaz, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Awesome to see the Sharks top line producing again. Marleau scoring the GWG is just about the greatest thing ever.

I'm not going to say the word that all of San Jose is thinking tonight but I can't wait for Thursday! [face_dancing]

2. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
  3. darthdrago

darthdrago Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2003
    Funny thing about that--if it goes to game 5, then I get two tickets thru my work. But that's IF it goes to game 5. [face_whistling]

4. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    I guess Detroit is really on a downturn.

5. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Nice! So you're somewhat happy no matter what happens on Thursday. :p

6. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I wouldn't say that they are in a down turn I would blame Jimmy Howard on that third goal. That was from a brutal angle and should have never went in. Happy for the Sharks though, it's about time the big line dominates a game. Happy about Pitt too. What a goal by Malkin! Hopefully Vancouver can step up at home.

7. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I was really surprised to read that Detroit lost the game.

Very happy the Pens won. They've got home-ice advantage again, and hopefully can build on their victory. Guerin didn't play last night...hope that he's back in the lineup for Game 4.

8. darthdrago

Dec 31, 2003
    Pretty much. I won't complain if San Jose completes the sweep, but if they don't, then I'm hoping they'll close it out on home ice. It's win-win for me. :cool:

9. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm so happy that the Sharks seem to be finally shaking the "chokers" label. Tons of articles around the NHL blog-o-sphere today. I'm especially happy for Marleau. As captain he was always the scapegoat and I've felt it was unjustly deserved. For years he's been San Jose's most consistent goal scorer. And no one can argue with his stats.
    [image=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a105/darthcolin/pattymarleaupo1.png]
    I'm trying not to get to far ahead of myself. The Wings aren't out of this thing yet.

Go Sharks!

10. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    WTF? Franzen scores 4 times on 5 shots. In the first period. Detroit have had 8 shots for 4 goals. What's going on with Nabokov?

11. darthdrago

Dec 31, 2003
    Apparently having an Olympics flashback. [face_beatup]

My God, what a massacre...

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Looks like they've given the first goal to Bertuzzi but Franzen still gets the true (done in one period) natural hat trick.

13. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    And Montreal won again!

14. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    As a hockey fan I am in awe of Franzen.
    As a Sharks fan I wish upon him all the plagues of Egypt. :p

Seriously though, wow. It's real important for the Sharks and Nabokov especially to put this behind them. Taking one game at the Joe is solid work and nothing to sneeze at. Detroit has picked up some momentum but San Jose still has the upper hand. It's time to take them back to the toughest rink in the league and finish this at home!

Go Sharks!

15. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Not surprised at all that the Red Wings won. I am surprised that they massacred the Sharks, though.

And the Pens? Come on, finish the game! Glad that Staal was able to play, though.

16. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I like how two days ago all the headlines were like "Sharks shaking chokers label" and today they are all "Sharks due for a choke?". 8-}

17. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Sports casters have to generate controversy somehow. :p

18. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Sharks eliminate Detroit on another Thornton to Marleau GWG. Despite being up in the series this game was a heart breaker for me. Sooo many good chances on both sides.

Everyone on the Sharks is more than pulling his weight right now in vast contrast to last years playoffs. Detroit was my biggest fear in the West for San Jose so I'm feeling really confident with this team despite a few isolated weak performances in the first two rounds. I don't really have a preference between the Hawks and the Canucks. I guess I'd prefer Vancouver if only because it's in the same time zone.

And how huge is it for Todd McLellen to defeat his Babcock and the Wings? :cool:

We're halfway there!
    Go Sharks

19. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm glad Detroit's out, although I guess it means we won't get Red Wings - Pens for a third year in a row. :p

Speaking of the Penguins, they're leading Montreal 3-2 in the series. Hopefully they close out in Montreal on Monday. I hope that Crosby's able to break through again. He's been goalless in the last few games.

20. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Sammie Salo ruptured a testicle.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    And, speaking for guys everywhere, I think I can summarize our feelings on Salo's injury thusly:

Or words to that effect. There may be regional variants involved.

22. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Pretty much...

23. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    The Habs just won't die. (Or the Flyers, for that matter.) I'm hoping for a 7 v 8 East playoff. :p

24. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Go Habs!

25. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    Zaz, what exactly would happen if the Canucks played the Habs in the finals? Would Canada close down for two weeks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.