main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2010 NHL Playoffs: Parity is not a *****!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Zaz, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    [face_plain]

Oh well...hopefully CONSOL Energy Center won't have as many Game 7 home disasters as the Igloo has seen. Good riddance to that place as a hockey center.

Congrats to the Habs, but I think that I'll be rooting for the Sharks from here on out.

2. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    I'm not really rooting for the Habs, but I would like to be able to say that the only team we lost to in the play-offs went on to win the championship. It helps to maintain the illusion. ;)

3. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I admit, I counted my Flyers out after they went into an 0-3 hole against the Bruins but now I feel like the series is theirs to win. Rask looks shaky, Leighton looks sharp, and Boston hasn't been able to muster much on offense over the last few games. Here's to hoping Sunday starts a Flyers/Habs series.

4. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Bruins scored the first goal.

5. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    It's getting a lot more interesting, 3-2! I'm torn weather I want to see the Flyers or Bruins go through. I like Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, and Chris Pronger as players, but I also think that the Bruins/Habs rivalry would be fun to watch.

6. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    This game might give me a heart attack.

7. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Bruins can't seem to hold any kind of 3-0 lead. :p

8. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Unbelievable. I never thought I'd witness a series comeback like this (in hockey at least).

9. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    wow... just wow... How the heck can anyone blow a 3-0 SERIES lead and a 3-0 GAME 7 lead. History definitely in the making. We are going to have our hands full with the Flyers. Halak and the Habs will need to stand on their heads once again.

2010 Philly (beat Bruins) now join the 1942 Leafs (beat Wings) and 1975 Isles (beat Pens) to come back from a 3-0 series deficit. Congratulations Philly. Well done.

10. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    Habs in 7 [face_praying]
    Hawks in 6

11. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Because the Bruins suck, that's how.

Not to take anything away from the Flyers, because they could have laid down, especially in OT of game 4 and they didn't. They nutted-up, stepped up and beat the Bruins. That said, the Bruins just choked this game and the whole series away in epic fashion. They are a team that every couple of years manages to build a giant amount of goodwill with their fans only to deliver an absolute sackless performance in the playoffs.

12. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I feel sorry for Bruins fans. Well at least Boston has the Celtics. As for the conference finals, I think Leighton is the key for Philly. We know Halak will be great, but Leighton will have to stop Cammalleri and co. I hope the Sharks win it all, because I dispise the Hawks and Habs.

Habs in 6
    Sharks in 7

13. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I find the Flyers win highly amusing because when Detroit was down 3-0 to San Jose, Babcock was talking about a team coming back saying "Every 33 years? Sounds like it's due." [face_laugh]

Sharks in 6
    Habs in 7 (Why not? :p)

14. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Chicago in 4.

Habs in 4.

15. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Sharks in 6

Habs in 7

16. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

Sharks in five. Habs in seven.

In the final, Habs in seven, meaning the Habs will have played the most horrific playoff schedule ever (twenty eight playoff games, beating the top teams in the East and the West and the defending Stanley Cup champions).

17. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    ^And that is exactly why they won't win the Cup. If you look back at past playoffs, basically every Cup winner has had at least one short series (4 or 5 games) in the first three rounds. If Montreal has another long series they will be too burnt out by the time the Finals come. It'll be even worse for them if they face SJ and have to travel across the continent.

18. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    Go Flyers!!!

19. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    I imagine Chicago and SJ start tonight; and Habs/Flyers on Tues.

20. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Both series are starting tomorrow.

21. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Both of these matchups are impossible to predict but it must be done:

Philadelphia in 6
    San Jose in 7

22. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    It's wild the way the playoffs have turned out so far. Been keeping track of everything and I'm about as surprised as the Bruins fans probably are still. I'll say this..

Habs in 6

Sharks in 7

Primarily based on the fact that I think the Sharks will probably need a couple of games after falling short to come back and take the series. As for Philly and Habs, all games will be tight no doubt about that. I wouldn't be surprised if their series went to seven even though I predicted 6.

23. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    And Chicago wins the first game 2-1!

24. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Not all of them :D

Admittedly, the Habs'll come out strong in game two.

25. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    :eek: @ Philly

Well, Neimi won that game...[face_frustrated] Solid effort by the Sharks today though. But, they need to step up their game against Chicago. A solid first period but only an average 2nd and 3rd isn't going to cut it. I'm goin to Game 2 on Tuesday and I'll be cheering San Jose on!

I cannot express how much I hate NBC's coverage. Can't even give us a pre-game? Instead we get poker of all things? smh [face_not_talking]

Go Sharks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.