main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2010 NHL Playoffs: Parity is not a *****!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Zaz, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Nice game Flyers!

Come on Sharks!

2. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    The Habs have been through this become, and technically the Pens are a better team than Philly.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Bruins really blew that... and they were the last team I really didn't mind rooting for. I can't support the Flyers and i couldn't exactly hope that they lost the first round because that would have meant cheering for the Devils, and my hope for a miraculous simultaneous elimination didn't pan out (probably because it's impossible- it was still the most ideal scenario! ;)).

4. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Don't worry, neither the Habs nor Philly are winning the Cup. Boston wouldn't have, either.

5. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    Yes, but the Flyers are a bigger and stronger team than the Pens and this is causing matchup problems for the Habs. Their forwards are way undersized compared to the Flyers defenders and the Flyers forwards size is causing problems for the Habs undersized defenders and goalies.

The Flyers may have been inconsistent in the regular season. However, they have found they're groove in the playoffs. they have also shown when their back is up against the wall, they play their best hockey. Whether it was beating the Rangers in a shootout to make the playoffs, coming back from a 3-0 deficit in the series against the Bruins and coming back from a 3 goal deficit in game 7 against the Bruins. This team has some heart and mettle. They are also getting strong play from their goalies (both Boucher before he got injured and now Leighton). This is a team that can win a cup.

6. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Philly's weakness has always been in goal.

7. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    That is true for the season. However, their goalies have been playing great throughout the playoffs. Halak has been getting all of the attention. But Boucher and now Leighton have been shut down for the Flyers in the playoffs.

8. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I'm surprised by the Flyers goal-tending, it's really the only thing that could hold them back from the cup. When Carter and Lapierrire(sp) come back the forward units will be healthy and their defense is very good anchored by Pronger. Of course we can't count out the Habs. This playoff run as shown us that. I think the Sharks can come back on the Hawks, they just need to find their legs. When they do, they'll probably take the cup.

9. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    Holding them back from the cup? Their goaltending has been outstanding during the playoffs. Leighton hasn't let in a goal in over 8 periods. He was absolutely outstanding tonight, especially in the first period when the Habs absolutely shelled him and he gave up no goals.

10. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Chicago will win the Cup. Philly hasn't an earthly against either Chicago or SJ.

11. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    We'll see about that.

12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    My support is the touch of death for teams, it appears.

13. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Yes, I expect God says, oh, Marcus is supporting them, gotta screw them over...:D

14. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    As long as I have someone to blame...
    :p

15. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Good thought...

16. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Don't count out the Habs!

I've even gone so far as to change my colors. They're like, my playoff beard.

17. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I would have liked to see the game end closer but an expected surge by the Canadiens at home, well played. I think the series hinges on Saturday's game. If Philly takes a 3-1 lead, I think the series is over. If Montreal wins and makes it 2-2, I think it will be a war for the last three games.

18. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Chicago leads 3-0.

19. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Like Game 1, I felt the Sharks actually played above-average. Niemi is just IN-SANE!!! The passes looked better and they weren't turning it over in the defensive zone like madmen this time, but someone besides Patty has to score. Anyone else wanna see two 0-3 comebacks in the same year? [face_praying]
    Go Sharks!

20. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    It was a pretty even game but the Sharks deserved that win just as much as Chicago. Todd McLellan better give Peter Laviolette a call.

21. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Man the Sharks have just tanked in this series. :(

22. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Well, what else is new?

But Chicago is really good.

23. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Can't believe the Sharks are tanking (pardon the pun) like this. The Habs will probably tie the series, and all Leafs fans nightmares will continue to come true. Just Great.

24. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    Great win for the Fly boys today. Hopefully, they'll wrap this series up on Monday night at the Wachovia Center. You don't won't to let the Habs hang around in a series.

25. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    And...Chicago takes it in 4.

I got that one right, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.