main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2010 Non-Star Wars Fanfic Awards Excerpt Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by NSWFF_Awards, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NSWFF_Awards

NSWFF_Awards Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2010
    Author

Best Author

Jade_eyes

[Star Trek 2009] Contemplating What Comes After

"You know," Nyota remarked as she and her betrothed enjoyed a quiet moment after a light lunch on the veranda. "I understand the irresistible charm of a babe in arms." She related the morning's events in the park. Her eyes grew tender as she concluded: "It brought home even more strongly how ... delightful it would be to have one of our own -- someday." Her tone was dreamily wistful.

Attuned as they were to the other's spoken and unspoken feelings and thoughts, she detected his unusual reticence, and in light of her talk with her sister in the garden, she asked: "You do still want children someday?"

"You know that my mother had a difficult pregnancy." He answered. "She required all the skills of the most experienced healers during her gestation. It is not firmly established beyond dispute that such would be every case in any birth of hybrid racial origin, but I would not wish to take even the remotest risk of losing you."

"Are you kidding? When did you come to this conclusion? All the times we've talked about it before, you were quite amenable to the idea!"

"I've been considering the potential repercussions more and more of late." He admitted.

"And when, precisely," Nyota asked icily: "were you going to enlighten me? Or did you think it was something I didn't need to know until the need arose?"

"I was waiting for the best time to discuss it; your experience this morning provided the best opening."

"And my feelings mean nothing?"

He cocked an astonished brow at her. "Of course they matter--completely."

"What else have you been reconsidering?" She retorted. "Our joining, perhaps?" She stood suddenly and started to walk away.

"Nyota--!" He exclaimed and reached out a hand to her.

"I don't want to talk about it now." She said firmly avoiding his touch, realizing she'd already said way too much.

~~~

"Well, if that wasn't the most idiotic thing I've ever heard you say!" She exclaimed. "The one person whose loyalty and commitment I feel is beyond dispute besides Dajan's is your fiance?s!!"

Nyota's eyes filled. "I know. As soon as I said it ... but then it was too late."

Kashore's heart melted. "It's not too late."

?I can't face him, not after what I said!"

"Yes you can, and you need to."

~~~~~

Suddenly with a fluid move, she rose and ran to where he stood at the foot of the veranda. She seized his hands and kissed them tenderly. Then, not satisfied with that gesture only, she pulled him near and said between earnest kisses: "I do love you, oh I do, I do!"

He stroked her hair and crushed her close against him, and let his pleasure at the feel of her flow unimpeded to her.

"Oh!" she gasped, pulling back abruptly. "My hands are dirty from the soil! I'm all grimy."

"I do not mind." he assured her, pulling her close again. He settled with her on his lap on the lowest step.

"I love you," she whispered again.

"I cherish you," he replied, even as a stray thought occurred to her triggered by her comment a moment before.

She chuckled and joked: "Thank you for not saying "I know."

His glance was amused. "Even though I do know, Nyota, you deserve more of an answer than that."

She grinned and spoke quietly of her conversation with Kashore.

"While you were speaking with your sister, I called my father." He admitted.

"Spock, my own! You did?"

"Yes. He told me that even with all the potential and consequent risks, neither he nor my mother ever had a regret for their choice to expand their family, and he would not wish us to forgo that same fulfillment."

Spock reached to stroke her cheek lovingly, tracing the lovely classic outlines down to her lips. "You may taper the repressor meds after our bonding." He told her softly.

"I don't need your capitulation. Really--

2. NSWFF_Awards

Jul 5, 2010
    Best New Author

MasterGhandalf

[b][color=royalblue]Best Collaborative[/color][/b]

No nominations

[hr]

3. NSWFF_Awards

Jul 5, 2010