2010 Pro Football HOF - Semi finalists

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Juliet316, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316 Force Ghost

star 8
    Since the semi finalist list is out I figured we might as well start a HOF thread for the Pro Football class of 2011.

NFL HOF semifinalists:

WR Tim Brown
    WR Cris Carter
    TE Shannon Sharpe
    CB Aeneas Williams
    RB Terrell Davis
    RB Roger Craig
    WR Andre Reed
    P Ray Guy
    OL Dermontti Dawson
    LB Chris Doleman
    LB Kevin Greene
    DE Richard Dent
    DE Charles Haley
    CB Lester Hayes
    DT Cortez Kennedy
    RB Jerome Bettis
    RB Curtis Martin
    OT Willie Roaf
    CB Deion Sanders
    RB Marshall Faulk
    Coach Don Coryell
    Owner Eddie DeBartolo Jr.
    Owner Art Modell
    GM George Young
    Commissioner Paul Tagliabue
    NFL Films Founder Ed Sabol

I bolded who I think is getting in this year.

Thoughts?
  2. Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Seems like an really deep field this year. Must be at least ten guys who I think should get in - and that's just counting players.

WR Tim Brown
    WR Cris Carter
    TE Shannon Sharpe
    CB Aeneas Williams
    RB Roger Craig
    WR Andre Reed
    P Ray Guy
    OL Dermontti Dawson
    DE Richard Dent
    DE Charles Haley
    CB Lester Hayes
    RB Jerome Bettis
    RB Curtis Martin
    CB Deion Sanders
    RB Marshall Faulk

Holy crap. 15. :eek:
  3. JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master

star 10
    Curtis Martin had beter get in on the first ballot, he is defenitly on the list of "no duhs" that this list has. I'll be extremely upset if he does not make it first ballot. Tagliabue should get in as well.
  4. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Bettis and Martin are practically identical. Bettis would take any spot from Martin because of his ring and playing for a higher profile franchise. I don't think either of them are first ballot (though Bettis will probably get in- but Faulk might take his votes.)

I'd put Dent over Haley.

I think the inductees will definitely include Faulk and Sanders. Reed I doubt, with Carter and Brown in the list as well.
  5. Darth McClain Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I really hope that Dawson gets in. He was a great center for many, many years, but doesn't have stats to quantify it.
  6. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Do the non-players count as their own section? IE would they take a spot away from a player in order to induct, say, Ed Sabol, or is it like the senior candidates where they're basically just added to the total?
  7. tom Force Ghost

star 6
    let's go roger craig and eddie d!
  8. The Great No One Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    they take a spot from one of the players. which is what makes getting them in so hard.

faulk should be a first ballot, i think. deion sanders probably as well. i really think that reed, carter and brown should ALREADY be in, but that's going to be somewhat problematic again i figure. shannon sharpe should be in already too, think he might make it this time. ray freaking guy should have been in a LONG time ago, and hopefully will make it. and ed sabol, since i have doubts he'll even make this list again just because of his not being as high of a profile situation as any of the players, but he definitely deserves it.

martin and bettis deserve to get in, i just don't think they should get in instead of some of the other people on that list.

just my two cents.
  9. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 9
    Ray Guy, Deion Sanders, Jerome Bettis and Curtis Martin definitely deserve to get in. Marshall Faulk will make it at some point, and Dawson should be in there as well.
  10. The Great No One Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    i'm just more impressed by what faulk did, because he was such a threat out of the backfield. one could say that ladanian tomlinson was used how he was because of how faulk was. he did change how the game was played, unlike bettis and martin.

and honestly, i really hope coryell doesn't make it in. he wasn't that great of a coach. if anyone wants to know why i think that, i might can find the link to kerry byrnes article about him.
  11. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 9
    Tomlinson will get in; he's just that dominant.
  12. The Great No One Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    i was just saying that faulk was tomlinson before tomlinson. i mean, it was faulk's record the chris johnson broke for most combined yards in a season, not LT's.
  13. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Faulk is better than Martin and Bettis. He averaged half a yard more per carry, and is only 1,500-2,000 yards behind them (2 seasons). However he has 10 more rushing TDs (and 40 more total touchdowns) and over 2000 more yards from scrimmage than Martin and 4000 more than Bettis. He's superior in every major stat except total rushing yards. Combined with 2 SB appearances, 1 win, 3 Offensive Player of the Year awards and an MVP (2 runner ups), and being a key cog in the most incredible offense ever (over more than 1 year), and he's easily superior.
  14. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    I think Sanders and Faulk are both definitely getting in this year because they're the only two players on the list that appeared on the NFL's Top 100 list, with Sanders actually a starting corner on the all-time defense.

On the flip side, Guy will probably continue to keep getting snubbed because apparently many of the voters on the committee don't think kickers deserve to be in the Hall of Fame over other players.
  15. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    It's fairly stupid that the guy who is pretty much universally acknowleged as the best ever at his position (though we'll see with Lechler when he retires) pretty much has no chance at getting in.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.