main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2010 Saga Awards Cremony

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SagaFanficAwards, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SagaFanficAwards

SagaFanficAwards Saga FanFic Awards Sock star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 2, 2006
    The lights dim and suddenly a spotlight illuminates the center of the stage. SoA, jumps, startled. She appears to be wearing a sari, embroidered with silver circles and diamonds to suggest mini Star Forges and Death Stars. However, there is something much more toga-like in how she wears it. She gingerly taps the mic, ?Uh, hi, is this thing on??

She clears her throat, embarrassed, ?Right... award's ceremony. Well, ladies, gentlemen, Hutts, droids, and all others who do not wish to be addressed by a particular gender, welcome to the two thousand ten Saga Fanfiction Awards!?

Winners

Best Alternate Universe
    Even Jedi Cry by Valairy_Scot

Best Canon
    Empire Day by Kelli_LB

Best Action
    Dead Man Walking by Idrelle_Miocovani

Best Drama
    Even Jedi Cry by Valairy_Scot and From The Ashes by Estora

Best Romance
    Everytime We Touch by Jade_Max

Best Humor
    Dead Money by The_Face

Best All Around
    Life Beyond the Code by bek

Most Underrated
    Frontiersman by Exeter and While I Wait by Takianna

Best Response To A Challenge
    The Last of the Old by Corellian_Ale

Best Songfic
    For the Girls by QueenArdnassak

Best Poem
    The Tale of Tyrena by Alexis_Wingstar

Best Crossover
    Ain?t Nothing Gonna Change by amidalachick

Best Vignette
    The Darkest of Shadows by ViariSkywalker

Best Short Story
    Sibling Revelry by frodogenic1

Best Epic

Best Series
    A Slight Disruption and Revolution of Fate by Aiel

Best Canon Interpretation, Male
    Obi-Wan, The Last of the Old by Corellian_Ale

Best Canon Interpretation, Female
    Siri, It Could Not Have Been Otherwise by Valiowk

Best Original Character, Male
    Jef, Metamorphosis by Raptor517

Best Original Character, Female
    Rhiannon Moonfire, A Promise of Hea

2. Koopa

Koopa Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2004
    Yay! Congratulations to all my fellow nominees! This should be fun.

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    *comes in just in time* :D Yay!

4. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    *was refreshing the page looking for this* :p Good luck to all! This should be fun.

5. SagaFanficAwards

Jun 2, 2006
    ?Before we get along to our amazing nominees, I want to thank all of those people that have made this possible,? SoA continues, ?We could not have pulled this ceremony off without their assistance.?

Saga Awards Coordinator
    KotORBF2Female_Revan

Volunteers
    GeneralKenobi7
    Lady_Tahiri
    SoA

Moderators
    Jedi Trace
    KELIA
    Commander-DWH
    mavjade

Overseer
    LilyHobbitJedi

Entertainment
    bi0nic
    Estora

She tugs nervously at her haphazardly worn sari. ?And if you will excuse me,? she says quickly, ?I'll be right back.?

6. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    *grabs some popcorn and pop before settling down to watch the show* Good luck everyone :)

7. SagaFanficAwards

Jun 2, 2006
    ?And now for our fanfictastic nominees!? SoA announces more confidently as she reappears. As if by some transformation, her Sari is now securely folded and pinned in place as it should be, ?They may be willing to pose for photos on their way down the red carpet.?

Genre

Best Alternate Universe

Dagobah GuerreStellari
    As Father and Son Knight_Aragorn

Best Canon

Empire Day by Kelli_LB
    Metamorphosis by Raptor517
    A Race Against Time by KELIA
    Padmé and Palpatine: the Final Confrontation by Koopa
    Readjustment by Knight_Aragorn

Best Action

Time and space by Gkilkenny
    Darker Times by JediFalcon
    Dead Man Walking by Idrelle_Miocovani

Best Drama

From The Ashes by Estora
    As Father and Son by Knight_Aragorn

Best Romance

Best Humor

Dead Money by The_Face
    Enquiring Minds Want to Know by Gabri_Jade
    Chancellorcide by Estora

Best All Around

From The Ashes by Estora
    Purgatory by Helen_Taft
    Life Beyond the Code by bek

Style

Most Underrated

Metal Coils by Thumper09
    Dagobah by GuerreStellari
    For Siri by Icepaw_Kenobi
    Frontiersman by Exeter
    Chasing Redemption by Estora
    Let The Beast Have What He Wants by JediFalcon
    Allecto by Harpalyce
    While I Wait by Takianna

Best Response To A Challenge

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/the

8. iceaffinity

iceaffinity Jedi Knight star 1

May 23, 2010
    It's starting! Good luck, everyone! [:D]

9. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Yay! looks like I made it just in time...forgot to vote again but there's always next year!...congrats to all the nominees & good luck!:)

10. SagaFanficAwards

Jun 2, 2006
    Twelve Hours Earlier

Deep in the fanfic minion cave, GeneralKenobi7, Lady_Tahiri, and SoA are gathered around a low table, frantically counting and recounting votes.

?Fwew,? Tahiri leans back and wipes the sweat from her brow. ?I think we're finally done.?

Just then, KotORBF2Female_Revan sweeps into their poorly-illuminated corner of the cave. ?Hey guys, I've got news,? she says brightly.

?You got Cirque du Soleil for the ceremony entertainment after all?? General Kenobi asks.

?Ah, well, you heard about the budget cuts, right?? Female Revan's enthusiasm quickly fades.

?The_Face did spend a lot of time last night bemoaning them,? SoA observes.

?So I take that as no then,? Kenobi assumes dryly.

?Then what's this news Rev?? Lady Tahiri asks.

?Well, thanks to budget cuts, we weren't able to hire Anthony Daniels for our host like we had planned,? she explains explains apologetically.

?I would have thought that he pulled out because of too many crazy fanficcers in costume,? SoA suggests with a laugh.

?Well, that too,? Female Revan shrugs.

?So what are we going to do now?? Tahiri asks.

?We're going to draw straws,? Rev says and abruptly holds out her fist, in which are clenched four soda straws, ?to decide who will host.?

?I guess I'll go first,? Tahiri says then draws out a straw. It is full length.

?Me next,? General Kenobi reached in and snatches an identical straw out of Rev's hand. She lets out a sigh of relief.

Left with only two straws, SoA scrutinizes them carefully. She reaches for one, then thinks better of it and puts her fingers around the other. In a moment of indecision, she switches back to the first, takes a deep breath, and draws it out of Rev's fists. She immediately turns to General Kenobi and compares her straw. It is half the length. ?Looks like I drew the short straw,? she says with a nervous laugh.

?And that means you're the host,? Rev said encouragingly, ?I'm sure you'll do great.?

SoA excuses herself and makes a quick international phone call, ?Hello.?

?Hello?? a groggy Commander-DWH answers, ?Do you have any idea what time it is here, SoA? This better be an emergency.?

?Yeah, I'm sorry, but it is kind of an emergency,? SoA apologizes quickly, ?I'm hosting the award ceremony tomorrow.?

?Uh, that's great,? DWH replies blearily, ?But I don't see what the problem is.?

?I don't even know where to start. I've never hosted anything before,? SoA explains frantically, ?What am I supposed to do??

?Well, you know, announce the nominees, winners, and entertain people,? DWH begins to sound a bit more awake.

?Entertain people?? SoA asks incredulously.

?Songs, dances, random explosions, and humorous snippets of writing,? DWH suggests.

?DWH, you know I'm not a humor writer,? SoA protests, ?I'm hardly funny at all. I can only tell bad Sven and Ole jokes.?

?Well, you're in India, you can probably find some Bollywood dancers willing to step in for you,? DWH points out, ?I'm sure you'll come up with something good. Also, if you need last minute reinforcements for your ceremony, you should call my Hollywood contacts.?

?Okay, I guess I'll try that,? SoA agrees, ?Thanks.?

?Well, if that's all,? DWH yawns over the phone, ?I'm going back to sleep. May the Force be with you.?

SoA hangs up the phone and wanders off muttering, ?Bollywood dancers. Bollywood dancers...?

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Great opening! =D=

Good luck to everyone!

12. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Random explosions sounds more in character for us, but Bollywood dancers are good, too. [face_thinking]

Oh, and hello, all. :p

13. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Slipping in fashionably late.

Good luck everyone!

14. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
    Rest assured, SoA, you're doing a fine job hosting so far! :D Bring on the dancing! /popcorn

15. SagaFanficAwards

Jun 2, 2006
    Back Stage

?Where is it? Where is it?? SoA whispers under her breath as she paces nervously back and forth, ?Where could it be??

?Where's what?? General Kenobi asks.

?You know that huge stack of envelopes that had the all winners' names in them?? SoA asked.

?You lost that?? Kenobi asks, disbelieving.

?Yeah,? SoA replies dryly.

?That's a problem,? Rev observes.

?I swear they were here just a second ago,? SoA protests frantically.

?We were supposed to announce the nominees five minutes ago,? Lady Tahiri points out, ?You better get out there SoA, before some kind of riot starts. You still have the nominee list, right??

?Yeah,? SoA nods.

?But are you sure that's a good idea,? Kenobi argues, ?if we lost the names of who won??

?We'll find them in time,? Tahiri reassures them, ?I know where we can get help. SoA, you get out on stage and stall. Rev, you go get the droid.?

Back on Stage

SoA steps back out onto the stage and up to the podium. ?Sorry to keep you all waiting,? she apologizes, ?But a little suspense always makes things more exciting. Anyway, I am proud to announce the nominees for our first category this evening.?

Best Alternate Universe
    Dagobah GuerreStellari
    As Father and Son Knight_Aragorn

High above the auditorium floor in their own private box, Jedi_Trace, KELIA, Commander-DWH, and mavjade lounge and observe the proceedings below.

?Things seem to be going pretty well so far,? Kelia says.

?Though I wonder what caused the delay,? Mav adds thoughtfully, ?I wonder if something went wrong back stage.?

?Since when have the awards ever gone down without something going wrong?? Trace points out.

?Well, the podium hasn't exploded yet,? DWH pointed out, ?And we even got real fire extinguishers this time, just in case.?

Just then, R2-D2 twitters up to the entrance to their box, beeping furiously. Trying to enter, he gets caught on the raised door frame. Rather frustratedly, the little droid initiates a blueish holoprojection of Lady Tahiri.

?Help me mod squad, you're my only hope,? she begs, ?Help me mod squad, you're my only hope.?

Trace looks at the other mods and raises an eyebrow.

Tahiri continues, ?We've lost the winner envelopes and have no idea where they went.?

?It's always something, isn't it?? Kelia observes.

?Well, let's do this!? DWH jumps up, her glowing lightsaber-spoon in hand.

?You brought that to the ceremony for what purpose?? Trace asks, eying her 'weapon' incredulously.

?You never know when you're going to need one,? she replies with a shrug. ?Come on, let's go!?

The four formally-dressed mods hike up their dresses, loosen their cummerbunds, and squeeze past the still-stuck astromech droid then dash down the hall to the rescue.

16. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    ?Well, the podium hasn't exploded yet,? DWH pointed out, ?And we even got real fire extinguishers this time, just in case.?

There's the FanFic Awards I know and love. :p

17. SagaFanficAwards

Jun 2, 2006
    Receiving a firm shove from Lady Tahiri, SoA stumbles back out onto the stage. She steps up to the microphone and laughs nervously. ?So did you ever hear the one about Sven and Ole trying to build a house?? she asks. An ominous murmur goes up through the crowds, but she tries to ignore it and continues, ?So Sven and Ole are up on the roof. Sven picks up a nail, throws it away, then picks another one, and nails it in. He keeps on doing this with every-other nail until Ole asks him what he's doing and Sven says, 'Ole, don't you see, they have the point on the wrong end!' So then Ole answers, 'Come on, don't be stupid Sven. Those are for the other side of the roof, donchaknow.'?

The audience laughs nervously.

Just then, Kelia strides onto the stage in a dazzling pink evening gown. There is an envelope in her hand. ?I hope we didn't keep you waiting,? she says and hands the envelope to SoA.

SoA sighs in relief and opens the envelope. ?The winner for Best Alternate Universe is: Even Jedi Cry by Valairy_Scot!?

18. TheMacUnleashed

Feb 2, 2009
  19. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Congratulations, Valairy_Scot! :D

20. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Congratulations, Val :)

21. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Congrats Valairy!

=D= =D= =D=

22. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Congrats, Valairy_Scot! :) =D=

23. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    Congratulations Valairy_Scot!

24. SagaFanficAwards

Jun 2, 2006
    There is a deafening BANG and smoke shrouds the stage. The audience screams. SoA screams and ducks behind the podium.

On one side of the stage stands Female Revan with a genuine antique cannon. Lodged in the wall, high on the other side of the auditorium is a round, black cannonball.

?What was that for?? SoA shrieks, still hiding behind the podium.

?The next category is Best Canon,? Rev announces proudly.

?Uh, right,? SoA coughs and straightens up, ?The nominees for Best Canon are:?

Best Canon
    Empire Day by Kelli_LB
    A Race Against Time by KELIA
    Padmé and Palpatine: the Final Confrontation by Koopa
    Readjustment by Knight_Aragorn

?And can somebody call maintenance about the wall??

25. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    hehe, who knew Revan didn't know the difference between a cannon and canon? Does she get mixed up between AU and Awe? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.