2010 Vancouver Olympics Single Pick Game!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Darth McClain, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    It is sad when France is your best shot. :p

2. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
  3. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Well they had two golds yesterday, not too bad.
  4. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    After conferring with Rogue...Jedi, we've decided to add another way to win VIPship. If your countries come up with the most combined medals, you get to be a VIP with pretty colors for 48 hours. Every medal counts!
  5. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Alright, ladies and gentlemen, the games are nearly over. With the closing ceremonies starting tonight, the medals have been decided.

We will be posting the results shortly.
  6. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well, here are your results. Blame Rogue...Jedi for any mistakes, I ran them by him first. :p

The first gold medal of the Olympic games went to Switzerland. Congrats, Inty!

The Land of the Maple Leaf won the most gold medals for yours truly.

Although Obi Anne isn't an American, she should still be thankful that they won the most total medals. Since she's a mod, though, Inty will receive colors due to Germany's strong showing.

Finland and Japan both had the most medals within a gold. However, since 'horsey and Rogue...Jedi are both mods, the colors will be split between me (for Slovenia) and Inty (for Croatia).

The United States took the most silvers, so congrats to Obi Anne. Since she's still a mod, Germany will give Inty some more time with his old colors.

Americans dominated the bronze medals, as well, and once again Inty will take advantage, thanks to Germany and Russia.

Thanks to a strong showing from Australia, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Canada, Belarus, and Slovenia, I won the most total medals. Inty edged out Obi Anne for second place.

Thanks to everyone who participated! Congrats to our winners! Hope that everyone had a great time watching these Olympic Games.

Until next time, my friends. [face_flag]
  7. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    [face_talk_hand]

If the results are wrong, that's on your head, not mine. Except for first gold medal - that blame would go on nbcolympics.com :p

Anyways, assuming McClain's results are correct, then he wins 6 days of colors, and Inty wins 7 days. Congrats to both of them!
  8. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    I can't quite remember the combination I used to use for my colors ... I'll get it eventually.

Nice to have them back, to be honest ... maybe I should have never given them up ... ;)

Thanks for hosing the game, McClain! I love Single Pick games!
  9. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    you want your old combination?

Navy border, White text (bold, italic), Crimson background

DarthIntegral (except with the border, obviously)

[face_whistling]
  10. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    No problem, Inty. It was fun and easy.

Oh, and I'll be hosting a new game very soon.

Rogue...Jedi, you're not a stalker or anything, are you? o_O:p
  11. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    No, I just know where to find the listing of colors for mods and former mods for the header. :p So for me, the blue/white/black I'm using at the moment wouldn't show up there, but the firebrick/black/gold I frequently use and that's in the header would.
  12. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.