main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2011 - Another Year for British Politics

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Darth_Asabrush, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Evil_Otto

Evil_Otto Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 28, 2004
    you must be living in another world.

Yeah, it's called the white under-class. And I'd appreciate it if you don't tell me how well off I am, because you have absolutely NO idea what my circumstances are. [face_plain]

but it is nothing--absolutely nothing--to the systemic corruption that plagues countless Third World countries, as well as some countries which we regard as developed democracies (Italy, for instance).

I don't care about any of those countries. They should be left to look after themselves, just as we should be left alone by them and ESPECIALLY their people.

2. DarthKarde

DarthKarde Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Can I ask which constituency you live in Evil_Otto

3. Evil_Otto

Sep 28, 2004
    Devon. Yeah, I know, fat chance of the BNP being around here, aye? But there's a chance that UKIP will be. But like I said, if neither are running, then I'm not voting, not for a party that wants to cut my throat.

Oh, and I think I should make an alteration to what I said in my last post. I belong to the IGNORED white under-class. Not one of the main political parties have a thing to offer. Indeed, they actually want to take things away by allowing more immigration and increasing backdoor, so called "stealth" taxes!

4. DarthKarde

Jun 28, 2002
    Do you know the actually constituency?

Not that it matters, UKIP are standing in every seat in Devon.

East Devon - Colin McNamee
    Exeter - Mark Daniels
    North Devon - John Browne
    Plymouth Devonport - Bill Wakeham
    Plymouth Sutton - Robert Cumming
    South West Devon - Hugh Williams
    Teignbridge - Trevor Colman
    Torridge & West Devon - Matthew Jackson
    Tiverton & Honiton - Robert Edwards
    Torbay - Graham Booth MEP
    Totnes - Roger Knapman MEP

5. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    Otto,

Surely you vote for a party with policies on a range of issues? Is crime, education, health or the environment not important to our nation? Where does the BNP and UKIP for that matter, stand on these issues?

"In fact, if they did get rid of all those freeloaders and social climbers who're coming into OUR country in their thousands every year through our present open boarders (at least 80% of asylum seekers are proven to be bogus), then maybe native English guys like me might stand a chance of earning a decent living."

Well, as a former HR Manager I know for a fact that many immigrants do work that the "native" population feel are beneath them or won't do because of the low pay.

I know lots of Polish immigrants (who now have a legal right to work here) who work bloody hard.

How many corner shops would remain open if it weren't for the many asians willing to work all the hours God sends to keep them open long after other shops have closed?

These are just two examples. There are many more.

Yes, immigration needs to be controlled. Yes, bogus people should be sent back but the BNP are pure and simple racists and I'm afraid by voting for a racist party it could be argued that you are too.

I understand your frustration with the big parties. I feel it too! But that wouldn't ever drive me to vote for a party whose sole aim rests on a racist policy.

EDIT: Looks like you're be voting UKIP then. Better than BNP.

6. Evil_Otto

Sep 28, 2004
    Exeter - Mark Daniels

Then I'll be voting for him.

Surely you vote for a party with policies on a range of issues? Is crime, education, health or the environment not important to our nation? Where does the BNP and UKIP for that matter, stand on these issues?

Well neither Labour nor Conservative have done Jack **** as regards crime, because I and my family have been victims of crime many times and if the cops turned up and did anything at all, then we got the attitude that they were more concerned for the welfare of the criminal than they were for us!

As for education, I have no kids so it doesn't effect me.

And the medical profession [face_laugh] [face_plain] have done enough damage to my employment prospects.

Well, as a former HR Manager I know for a fact that many immigrants do work that the "native" population feel are beneath them or won't do because of the low pay.

I've worked in many dead end unskilled "jobs" (more like slavery than jobs!), and I've come to the conclusion that if an employer can't pay a decent wage and provide decent working conditions, then they shouldn't be in business.

So from what you've said you advocate this country being propped up by a sweat shop industry, an industry base that's not far short of Third World or Victorian in nature? Shame on you, and shame on all the cowboys that run such business'. [face_shame_on_you]

I know lots of Polish immigrants (who now have a legal right to work here) who work bloody hard.

I think if the owner of the business' that employed them was willing to pay a First World wage and provide First World working conditions, then there would be plenty of English people who'd be willing to have those jobs.

How many corner shops would remain open if it weren't for the many asians willing to work all the hours God sends to keep them open long after other shops have closed?

I don't think you should have brought up that subject, somehow, because it's rather a sore subject with my entire family. The thing is, my parents wanted to buy and run a convenience store, but couldn't because they've either been run outa business by the fat cats who own the Super Stores, or they're owned by those very same Asians that you talk about. So much for prospects for the native working-class in this country!

Yes, immigration needs to be controlled. Yes, bogus people should be sent back but the BNP are pure and simple racists and I'm afraid by voting for a racist party it could be argued that you are too.

The first one to cry race is normally the biggest racist of the lot! No, just call me a "Culturalist", someone who believes that anyone who comes here for non-asylum reasons should be because they like us and our culture, not because they want to use our country for what they can get out of it. On coming here they should adopt OUR culture and OUR language. I especially resent any of them refusing to speak my language on a regular basis. If they were to show that they're here because they want to become 100% English, then I might just change my views on immigration...to a point. But I still stand by my views that this tiny little country can only take so many people coming into the country, whether they be Anglophile or not. We haven't got the land mass of places like the US, Russia, Australia or China. We're only a tine little island. And that fact has proven itself in the dramatic rise in property prices in England. Where do you think every one of those immigrants live? They don't just enter another dimension once they get here. Each and ever one of them has to live somewhere.

Now, who will be to blame once all the future generations of native English kids find they can't get housing because they've be totally squeezed out of the housing market through lack of housing? and how will they feel when they see immigrants getting housing when they can't? How will they feel when they see immigrants with well paid jobs whilst they themselves are left on the scrapheap? How will they feel when they see immigrant and race discrimi

7. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Well as Labour unveils its Manifesto, it seems as though the opinion polls are starting to move towards the government once again. The latest Mori poll makes for grim reading for Tory supporters. :(

mori

8. majin_yami

majin_yami Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    Listen to Evil_Otto, you will.

9. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    "Well neither Labour nor Conservative have done Jack **** as regards crime, because I and my family have been victims of crime many times and if the cops turned up and did anything at all, then we got the attitude that they were more concerned for the welfare of the criminal than they were for us!"

Thats the courts not the police! As a victim of crime I can't fault Hampshire Constabulary for their support. Yes, we need more police on the streets but you're surely not claiming the Tories are soft on crime are you?

"As for education, I have no kids so it doesn't effect me."

Education affects us all whether we have kids or not! Our society needs literate and numerate young people coming out of school and colleges!

One day you may have children and the decisions made today WILL have an impact on future generations. Look at 60's comprehensive education - this is still having an effect on schools today!

"I've worked in many dead end unskilled "jobs" (more like slavery than jobs!), and I've come to the conclusion that if an employer can't pay a decent wage and provide decent working conditions, then they shouldn't be in business."

Maybe they shouldn't but they are!

"So from what you've said you advocate this country being propped up by a sweat shop industry, an industry base that's not far short of Third World or Victorian in nature? Shame on you, and shame on all the cowboys that run such business'."

I didn't say that. But again, its a matter of fact that there are many people in this country unwilling to do certain jobs for minimum wage. There are however, immigrants eager to earn money. I'm saying this is right or wrong. Its just life.

"I think if the owner of the business' that employed them was willing to pay a First World wage and provide First World working conditions, then there would be plenty of English people who'd be willing to have those jobs."

Who said they were getting paid early 20th century wages?

"I don't think you should have brought up that subject, somehow, because it's rather a sore subject with my entire family. The thing is, my parents wanted to buy and run a convenience store, but couldn't because they've either been run outa business by the fat cats who own the Super Stores, or they're owned by those very same Asians that you talk about. So much for prospects for the native working-class in this country!"

I'll bring it up because its an excellent example! Of the four corner shops in walking distance from my home three are run by different Asian families. Two of those families are "native" (second generation British). You shouldn't judge native by the colour of skin. The fourth is run by a white British couple. Guess which shops are open for longer every day of the week.

"The first one to cry race is normally the biggest racist of the lot! No, just call me a "Culturalist", someone who believes that anyone who comes here for non-asylum reasons should be because they like us and our culture, not because they want to use our country for what they can get out of it. On coming here they should adopt OUR culture and OUR language. I especially resent any of them refusing to speak my language on a regular basis. If they were to show that they're here because they want to become 100% English, then I might just change my views on immigration...to a point. But I still stand by my views that this tiny little country can only take so many people coming into the country, whether they be Anglophile or not. We haven't got the land mass of places like the US, Russia, Australia or China. We're only a tine little island. And that fact has proven itself in the dramatic rise in property prices in England. Where do you think every one of those immigrants live? They don't just enter another dimension once they get here. Each and ever one of them has to live somewhere."

[face_laugh] I've never advocated voting for a racist party. And, if you knew anything about my family and friends you'd know how silly that first sentence is

10. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Hey, does anybody know if it's correct that Michael Howard is saying he would look at privatising the UK Met Office, if he won the election? Im hearing a lot of rumours in the weather communinty that the Tories have said this, but haven't seen/heard/read anything concrete.

11. Evil_Otto

Sep 28, 2004
    Thats the courts not the police! As a victim of crime I can't fault Hampshire Constabulary for their support. Yes, we need more police on the streets but you're surely not claiming the Tories are soft on crime are you?

Firstly, that was the Hampshire police that I was talking about. Fareham to be precise. They seemed very disinterested whenever my parents were either threatened or attacked inside our convenience store by the local thugs, or if we had vandalism of our property during the night. They would also take hours to reply to emergency phone calls from us when something did happen. But on the rare occasion that we fought back against the thugs the cops were down on us like a ton of bricks! They also made it very hard for us to keep the shop open and were very obstructive and threatening towards my parents who are in their 50's. I think you might say that they were more like the mafia than cops, and seemed to treat the thugs like pets.

Secondly, nothing ever went to court other than when the cops tried to prevent my parents from selling booze (and all because they couldn't affort a CCTV camera for the shop!), so the courts had nothing to do with it. It was the, er, "police" that were either apathetic towards crime done to us, or bullying when it came to either the running of the business or when we decided that we had to protect ourselves.

Education affects us all whether we have kids or not! Our society needs literate and numerate young people coming out of school and colleges!

I taught myself everything I know, not school. To be honest, teachers and I never got along. They were both mind numbingly boring and inept in what they taught, and they were always letting bullying thugs get away with murder.

One day you may have children and the decisions made today WILL have an impact on future generations. Look at 60's comprehensive education - this is still having an effect on schools today!

Doubtful, because the majority of women seem to only want Top Gun type muscle bound hunks with bank accounts to match.

Maybe they shouldn't but they are!

And that's one of the types of business' I'd force to close, before the cowboys turn this country into little more than a banana republic ghetto. It is these "people" that pray for massed immigration so that they can exploit the unfortunate and vulnerable. They like a work situation where they can call all the shots and bully people. They like treating people like dirt and then saying, "If you don't like it, then there's plenty more out there that'll take your job!". How do I know? I know 'cause I've worked for 'em! In short, they get a kick outa BIG profits from screwing people into the ground.

Rather than being lazy, especially in my rather "unique" situation that I find myself in, you might say that I've been there, done all that (many, many times!), and I'm damned sure that I DON'T want to go back there EVER again. I've had my fill of exploitation to last a life time, and as a result I've learnt by my mistakes.

Who said they were getting paid early 20th century wages?

The thing is I know how some of those little parasites' minds work, the cowboys that is. They'd skin their own grandmothers if it had a going rate! Look at when the Tories scraped the minimum wage. You had some people working for silly sums like £1.50 an hour! Even I myself was forced into a job driving a 7.5 ton truck for £4.50 an hour (under the minimum wage) a few years ago, and the authorities and the job centre knew all about it (they were the ones who forced me into it!). And even then the bastards treated their drivers like dirt by bullying them and by forcing them to do crazy schedules (you try having no breaks and having to drive a 7.5 ton Iveco Cargo at speeds of between 100 and 110mph!!!). But that's what the British government have created, a kind of an Industry Underground, ones that also rip people off and "Phoenix" every five minutes so they can avoid paying their dues.

I'll bring it up because its an

12. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Yes, they intend to privatise the met office in order to pay for the defence budget, and so therefore can make tax cuts.

13. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    Firstly, that was the Hampshire police that I was talking about. Fareham to be precise. They seemed very disinterested whenever my parents were either threatened or attacked inside our convenience store by the local thugs, or if we had vandalism of our property during the night. They would also take hours to reply to emergency phone calls from us when something did happen. But on the rare occasion that we fought back against the thugs the cops were down on us like a ton of bricks! They also made it very hard for us to keep the shop open and were very obstructive and threatening towards my parents who are in their 50's. I think you might say that they were more like the mafia than cops, and seemed to treat the thugs like pets.

Secondly, nothing ever went to court other than when the cops tried to prevent my parents from selling booze (and all because they couldn't affort a CCTV camera for the shop!), so the courts had nothing to do with it. It was the, er, "police" that were either apathetic towards crime done to us, or bullying when it came to either the running of the business or when we decided that we had to protect ourselves.

I'm sorry to hear that. I've been a victim of several crimes as has my girlfriend and parents. I've also done my jury service in Southampton and I can say that the police and courts have been nothing but supportive and helpful.

I'd argue that we need more police but I wouldn't say they were unhelpful or didn't care. I imagine they were more over stretched than anything.

I taught myself everything I know, not school. To be honest, teachers and I never got along. They were both mind numbingly boring and inept in what they taught, and they were always letting bullying thugs get away with murder.

Hmmmm, you taught yourself to read and count. You must have been a very clever kid in primary school!

Doubtful, because the majority of women seem to only want Top Gun type muscle bound hunks with bank accounts to match.

I don't believe that for a second. Maybe like most people the initial attraction is physical but I'd bet that 9/10 women prefer personality over brawn. I'm not muscley or wealthy and I've never had an issue with relationships.

When we were back in Hampshire we opened 7 days a week and were open beween about 7am and about 9 or 10pm. And we're as English as we know of.

Thats good to hear but I'm afraid thats very hard to find in Southampton these days!

And there you go again talking about "skin colour"! It gets somewhat tiresome. If you think "English" and sound "English", then you are English in my books, no matter what colour you are. As for heritage. No, like I said, although I don't care about how multiracial England is, I put my foot down when it comes to England becoming multicultural. I say this, if a foreigner likes where he/she comes from so much that they can't give up their original culture, then they should stay there, because they would have proven themselves to be incompatible with this society.

You talk about skin colour becoming tiresome yet you were seriously thinking about voting for a racist party.

I myself would never go to live in a country that I felt was incompatible with me and my culture, nor should they.

Nor would I. At last we agree on something!

But like you said, it does happen and quite openly; openly enough that they should report it on the news with no comeback. Now how many times have I seen it reported on the main news that they want to get so many "ethnic" (we're ethnic too: Ethnic English!!!) teachers, soldiers, police etc. etc. etc.? So much for being illegal, aye?

Positive discrimination is illegal in this country for employment purposes. However, an employer can expect to employ someone suited to the needs of the job. I can think of several instances where employing a white "native" Enlgish person may not be the best of choices.

I am as anti Positive Discrimination as you are but I'm also a realist!

Like I said before, UKIP was always my firs

14. Evil_Otto

Sep 28, 2004
    I'd argue that we need more police but I wouldn't say they were unhelpful or didn't care. I imagine they were more over stretched than anything.

Or maybe they should think more about employing a better quality of police officer, rather than little jumped up Hitlers who have warped senses of priorities and of what's right and wrong.

Over stretched you say? One of the cops we phoned complained that we'd interrupted his burger! And no amount of being "over stretched" justifies their bully boy tactics they used just because we couldn't afford a CCTV camera in OUR shop at the very moment they demanded it, especially seeing that it isn't law that a shop has to have such a thing. Funny, but they never tried to bully the previous owner into having a CCTV camera, or tried to stop him from selling booze.

Hmmmm, you taught yourself to read and count. You must have been a very clever kid in primary school!

They couldn't have shown me that much 'cause I was hardly there due to bullies! That said, I find that if I'm shown the very basics of something, especially if I find the subject interesting, then I can pretty much take it from there.

I don't believe that for a second. Maybe like most people the initial attraction is physical but I'd bet that 9/10 women prefer personality over brawn. I'm not muscley or wealthy and I've never had an issue with relationships.

Then I must have met the 10% that only care about men with model looks, cars, careers, houses etc.

You talk about skin colour becoming tiresome yet you were seriously thinking about voting for a racist party.

As long as they're committed to a policy that I agree with, then I don't care what their motives are behind it, because the results will be the same, the end to economic migration into this country.

Positive discrimination is illegal in this country for employment purposes. However, an employer can expect to employ someone suited to the needs of the job. I can think of several instances where employing a white "native" Enlgish person may not be the best of choices.

Well, like I said, it does happen, because I've even heard the government talking about wanting to get so many ethnic minorities into careers such as the armed forces, law, hospitals, teaching and so forth.

But now can we get onto another subject, one of fuel? Good. I was listening today that the Liberals would eventually abolish fuel duty and replace it with a nation wide congestion charge, a change for vehicles that are entering places like city and town centres. Why they can't do that straight away I don't know, but at least it's being more fair than simply blood sucking the motorist when the private vehicle is an obvious necessity (otherwise why don't MPs go by public transport instead of their 6 litre gas guzzlers?!). But I have a better idea. Why don't they just dump conventional fuel altogether and replace it with a clean alternative? No matter what the government say, they are out there, and it doesn't mean having electric cars that have a top speed of 30mph either. I was thinking of hydrogen power, or easiest of them all, the conversion of conventional engines to use alcohol! But I think I know why they're pushing all those alternatives under the rug...[b]TAXES![/b] Without the environmental damage of petrol, they have no [b]excuse[/b] for having the extortionate fuel taxes that they have at present; that and the fact that the government are in the fuel chiefs' pockets.

15. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Yes, they intend to privatise the met office in order to pay for the defence budget, and so therefore can make tax cuts.

Thanks for confirming Kast_Morben. That it actually quite a radical policy. It probably doesn't seem very radical to those outside the Weather Industry/Community, but for those who take an interest in these things, privatisation of the Met Office is certainly sparking some interesting discussion-Those scientist's don't like this idea, I can tell you that. ;)

16. Evil_Otto

Sep 28, 2004
    [face_skull] R.I.P. Rover. [face_skull] Now who got the most outa that company? Why of course, the fat cats and their foreign counterparts!

17. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I'm afraid ROVER was always doomed to fail. The government made a massive blunder when they didn't go with the alchmy(s?) deal. If they had gone with that deal, it would have meant most of the work-force being laid off, but at least they would have got £50,000 redundancy and the ROVER name would have been saved in a limited capacity. As it was, the deal the government decided to go with, despite saving jobs in the short term, has been a disaster, and has achieved nothing bit lining the directors pockets.

I'm afraid ROVERS big problem has always been that people don't want to buy their cars-No amounbt of government deals and rescue plans has ever been able to change that simple truth. :(

18. Evil_Otto

Sep 28, 2004
    I'm afraid ROVERS big problem has always been that people don't want to buy their cars-No amounbt of government deals and rescue plans has ever been able to change that simple truth.

You can't blame the workers for that. They just make the cars the bosses tell them to make. The reason the company went tits up is because the bosses didn't invest in designing new models that people would want. The bosses were just content to fill their own pockets whilst the company kept on turfing out the same old crap that they'd been doing for years.

19. majin_yami

majin_yami Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    I was quite surprised to find Rover was going/went bust. Whee I live are more Rover's than you can shake a stick at. I wanted my first car to be a Rover. Goodbye to the last great British car manfacturer.

20. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Very grim opinion polls for the Conservative Party this morning. Attitudes seem to be hardening against the Tories and one ICM poll for the Sunday Telegraph has Labour on 40% and the Tories back down on 30%, which would actually lead to an INCREASED Labour majority. :eek:

21. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    The Conservatives have made a few mistakes recently. And for some reason, people can't see through the champagne socialist set's utter crapness!

There's a couple of weeks left yet though.

22. Evil_Otto

Sep 28, 2004
    The Conservatives have made a few mistakes recently. And for some reason, people can't see through the champagne socialist set's utter crapness!

That's because most people are stupid; thick as two short planks, you might say. They haven't got the intellect to see past all of Phoney Tony's smoke and mirrors and total bull ****.

23. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Quite an interesting poll in the Mail on Sunday, which shows that with those certain to vote, the Tories still have a one point lead over Labour. It's one thing saying your going to vote for Labour en masse, it's another thing to actually do it. Maybe the Conservatives core vote will ultimatly hold up better than Labours? I just can't believe that after everything, Labour will win with another landslide! I'm totally ready for Labour to win, in fact I hope they win because the Tories just aren't ready for government and would probably be a weak disaster if they did land in Downing St-But surely Labour can't win with a record third landslide! Can they?

24. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    Indeed, indeed.

25. DarthKarde

Jun 28, 2002
    I don't care what the polls say. It doesn't feel like there will be another landslide, the mood in the country is completely different to 4 years ago. I'm not talking about what political anoraks like us are saying but what ordinary people are saying. They might not have warmed to the tories but they sure as hell want to give Blair a kicking.

Come on D_A, it's time for your prediction. I know that the debacle at St Mary's on Saturday must have left you depressed but if you leave it much longer you will have exit poll information to help you ;)

I'm sticking with my January prediction.