main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2011 Beyond/NSWFF Awards - Ceremony on Saturday at Noon Board Time

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Beyond-NSWFF_Awards, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beyond-NSWFF_Awards

Beyond-NSWFF_Awards VIP star 1 VIP

Jul 21, 2011
    Welcome everyone to the combined Beyond the Saga and Non-Star Wars Fan Fiction Awards thread! Just a few important things to address before the fun begins...

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING
    What this thread is for:

-to list nommed fics
    -to list qualified fics
    -a place for you to ask questions about the rules and awards process
    -a reference thread to help you throughout the awards process
    -pointing out mistakes in our nomming lists

What this thread is NOT for:
    -celebrating your noms (while we are happy for you, this is not the place to throw a party--take it to PMs or IM)
    -a place to discuss your personal noms since that is private information. If you have a question on whether or not a specific nom was counted, please discuss it with us via PM.

[b][hl=indigo][color=white]THE NOMMING PROCESS:[/color][/hl][/b]

1) Register! If you have not registered, your noms and/or votes will not be counted. If you have not registered, just PM [link=http://boards.theforce.net/UserPages/Profile.aspx?user=Voter_Registration]Voter_Registration[/link] and say that you?re registering for the awards, and you?ll be good to go!

2) Go through and get ideas of whom you want to nominate.

3) Be sure to check whether the fics you are going to nominate are eligible for that particular award before sending us your noms.

4) Be kind to the volunteers and use the following template to send in your noms. Leave the links broken.
    5) When nominating stories in NSWFF, please include the fandom tag with the title (for example: [Twilight]Vampire Mischief!)
    Because NSWFF and Beyond have different categories, there are two different templates below to use for your nominations:
    [b]Beyond the Saga[/b]
    Genre

Best Alternate Universe
    {link=paste the url here]type or paste the title here[/link] by type or paste the author's name here

Best Canon
    {link=paste the url here]type or paste the title here[/link] by type or paste the author's name here

Best Action

Best Drama

Best Romance

Best Humour

Best All Around (at least one scene of each genre - romance, action, drama, humor)

Style

Most Underrated (a story that averages 6 or less readers per post)

Best Response To A Challenge

Best Songfic

Best Poem

Best Crossover (a story that mixes two or more movies, tv series or books excluding Star Wars)

Best Short Story (multiple posts and 30,000 words or less)

Best Epic (over 30,000 words)

Best Vignette (1 post only)

Best Series

Character

Best Canon Interpretation, Male
    Type or paste the character's name here in {link=paste the url here]type or paste the title here[/link] by type or paste the

2. Beyond-NSWFF_Awards

Jul 21, 2011
    Master List of Nominations

*=Qualified

Beyond the Saga

Genre

Best Alternative Universe
    *At the Brink of the Dawn and the Darkness by blank101
    *I, Mara Jade by JediMara77
    * Dawning by Briannakin
    * Whispers of the Force by Hazel
    *Attachment by Raphire
    *The End of all Light by YodaKenobi
    *Stranded by Iverna

Best Canon
    Incandescence by FelsGoddess
    *Rogue Diplomacy by Lane_Winree
    Three Minutes by sarahpie
    *EXONERATED: The Jade-Terrik Adventures by JediMara77
    Redemption of the Exiles by Lane_Winree
    * Complications by Katana_Sundancer
    Sunny Side Up by Blue_but_beautiful

Best Action
    * Incandescence by FelsGoddess
    * Redemption of the Exiles by Lane_Winree
    *Thin Blue Line by Jade_Max
    *Apocrypha by EmilieDarklighter
    *Undeniably Evil by aalagartassle

Best Drama
    * Children of the Sith by Raphire
    *Awakening by Ceilean
    *Downward Spiral: The Diary of Syal Antilles by Lane_Winree
    *Against all Odds by LexiLupin
    *Little Wonders by Sith_Mayo
    *Shadows of Yesterday by Hazel
    *Nightmares by FelsGoddess
    *Apex by Raphire

Best Romance
    * Not One to Dither by Jade_eyes
    *[link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/30771287/r307

3. Beyond-NSWFF_Awards

Jul 21, 2011
    Qualifying List of Nominations

Beyond the Saga

Genre

Best Alternative Universe
    *I, Mara Jade by JediMara77
    * Dawning by Briannakin
    * Whispers of the Force by Hazel
    *Attachment by Raphire
    *Stranded by Iverna

Best Canon
    *EXONERATED: The Jade-Terrik Adventures by JediMara77
    * Complications by Katana_Sundancer

Best Action
    * Redemption of the Exiles by Lane_Winree
    *Thin Blue Line by Jade_Max
    *Apocrypha by EmilieDarklighter
    *Undeniably Evil by aalagartassle

Best Drama
    * Children of the Sith by Raphire
    *Awakening by Ceilean
    *Downward Spiral: The Diary of Syal Antilles by Lane_Winree
    *Against all Odds by LexiLupin
    *Little Wonders by Sith_Mayo
    *Shadows of Yesterday by Hazel
    *Nightmares by FelsGoddess
    *Apex by Raphire

Best Romance
    * Not One to Dither by Jade_eyes
    * Awakened by Ceillean
    *Fireworks of the Soul by Hazel
    * Dawning by Briannakin
    *EXONE

4. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    The lists have been updated with current nominations!

5. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Question for the NSWFF. How can a story qualify for both drama and for action? That's kind of defeating the purpose of having those catagories, I would think. I would think if one story is primarily a drama, then it should be qualified for only drama, and if the story is an action and adventure, then it should only qualify for action. It's kind of like having Glee nominated for best comedy and best drama. Yes, Glee has some drama in it, but it is primarily a comedy.

6. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    I think a story really can be both. Our All-Around category requires a story to have not only drama and action, but romance and comedy as well. It's up to the readers to nominate and vote.

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Like SoA said, stories can have multiple genres. It's all up to what the authors write and what the readers decide to nominate it for.

8. Beyond-NSWFF_Awards

Jul 21, 2011
    What's this? Updated lists?

Huzzah!

9. Lane_Winree

Lane_Winree Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2006
    Quick question, are reposts eligible? There's two or three nominations for stories and characters in a pair of fics I heavily edited/rewrote and reposted here.

10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Ummm. I'm not sure if I am eligible for Best New Author. My first story in Beyond was posted in July 2010, but I posted a story in The Saga in like May 2010.

11. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Lane_Winree, as long as the originals did not win any of the awards you are eligible for, yes, you're fine. I think. I'll have to check on that, but I think you are good.

Briannakin, thanks for catching that. Yes, that would mean that you're not eligible for Best New Author anywhere this year. I'll take you off the list.

12. Beyond-NSWFF_Awards

Jul 21, 2011
    Hey all! If you're still thinking of nominating, get those noms in by midnight tomorrow, board time. If you've already sent your noms but have been asked to resend something, please do so by the deadline too.

Om nom nom... :D

13. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Question: if you get nominated for a story that is still in progress, but was still started before June deadline, does the excerpt that we hand have to be from what has been posted so far? In my case, I'm actually quite a few chapters further down the road from what is posted and I am really looking at taking an excerpt from one of those chapters which is waiting to been posted because I really love that scene the most in that story.I doubt that I will get to posting that chapter by the excerpt deadline.

14. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Unfortunately, only what you wrote before the nomination deadline can be used for an excerpt and hope that your voters will love the excerpt so much they go looking for the thread and read the newer stuff too.

15. Beyond-NSWFF_Awards

Jul 21, 2011
    The final lists of nominations and qualified stories are posted! Congrats to everyone! Even if you did not qualify for voting, still know that you have an awesome story out there.

Now, those of you that have qualified, hold your tauntauns. It's time for you to relax for a bit and bask in the glory of your nominations. You will be receiving a PM in the next couple of days with instructions on how to send your excerpts.

16. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm a bit confused. I thought every catagory had to have at least 3 stories qualified in it and if it doesn't, then the stories with 2 noms would get in, then the stories with one nom would get in if there still wasn't three. Did this change? Am I totally just out to lunch?

17. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I have the same question. There are many categories with only one nominee, but others that have a whole bunch.

18. Beyond-NSWFF_Awards

Jul 21, 2011
    My apologies. That was me who was out to lunch. I've clarified it with the mods and I'll be fixing the lists momentarily.

19. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    So what was for lunch? LOL

20. Beyond-NSWFF_Awards

Jul 21, 2011
    A sandwich. :)

One more set of edits here to the lists, but I think that should be it. PMs will be going out in a couple of days.

21. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I am gone from the Internet for the month of August - may I select someone to send in my excerpts for me?

EDIT: On that note, I leave tomorrow very, very early and will not be around to receive the "Hi, you've been nominated" PM. My plan was to collect my excerpts today using the posted list as a guide and then give them to someone else to PM in at the appropriate time... otherwise, yeah, no excerpts. [face_laugh] Which I personally find the funnest part of the whole awards season. :D

22. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Idrelle, that is completely fine. Just send a PM to the sock letting us know who to collect your excerpts from. You are also welcome to send in your absentee votes the same way, if you want.

23. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Today starts the exerpt process. I have all of mine ready, just waiting for the instructions on how to send them

24. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    I'm sending out the PMs right now, so no worries. Sorry about the lateness.

25. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Quick question about the broken links for italics and whatnot:

Do you want them in the same format as the nomination links, with the {i]word[/i] style?

Or- as the email says every [ should be substituted with {, do you want them in the format {i}word{/i}?

Thanks much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.