1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest. New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Challenges ~ 2011 Fan Art Holiday Gift Exchange ~

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Outrider, Nov 8, 2011.

Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    It is best to start early as the time does go too quickly and this gives everyone a chance to have time to participate. There will be a Winter Art Challenge starting in January, the format will play out a bit differently from previous challenges.

Welcome to the Third Annual Fan Art Gift Exchange

With the holidays approaching, we all know it's that time of year again to find the perfect gift for friends and loved ones. Why not expand that holiday cheer to include the boards and give someone the gift of art? This will work very similar to a Secret Santa gift exchange but instead of picking anything, you will be exchanging a piece of fan art.

How to Participate:

Add your name to the list below and be sure to express your interests(characters, scenes, vehicles) to help your match come up with the perfect gift.

Example:

1. skywalker_fan1138 - Luke Skywalker, Jedi, The Battle of Yavin

Once everyone has signed up, I will randomly match you up with someone else on the list and PM you their information. Your job is then to create a piece of original fan art based on the information they provided. Starting December 24th, I will create a separate thread for everyone to post their completed gifts and exchange holiday wishes.

Please copy and paste the list below and add your name to the next available space. Feel free to add more spaces if you run out of room:

Deadlines:

Please sign up by Friday, November 18th at midnight board time. I will then put the matches together and have them in your PM boxes no later than November 19th.

You will then have the remainder of November and the entire month of December to create the perfect gift for your match. The final thread will then be posted on Christmas Eve, December 24th but you will have until January 1st to complete your gift and post it in the thread.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask! And remember, have fun!

Special Thanks to HanSolo29 for developing the Holiday Gift Exchange. />
  2. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Eh, may as well be the first to sign up...

1. TrakNar ? Zuckuss, bounty hunters, uh... bounty hunting
  3. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    2. Earlybird-Obi-Wan - Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon
  4. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    2. Earlybird-Obi-Wan - Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon
    3. Mitth_Fisto - Kubaz, any with binoculars on hosting a insect dish supper
  5. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    The deadline is set to happen within a few hours though if no one minds, I can extend the deadline until Sunday, 20 November, midnight board time incase there are others interested in participating.

So far we have:

2. Earlybird-Obi-Wan ? Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon
    3. Mitth_Fisto ? Kubaz, any with binoculars on hosting a insect dish supper
  6. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I wouldn't mind an extension, even if it's at the very least for an even number of participants. It's easier to evenly divide the workload up between four than it would be for three.
  7. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    Sign-ups are officially closed.

If anyone still wishes to participate, please post in this thread to let me know. I am willing to make an exception and will try to accommodate you. :)

The matches will be organised and sent to your inbox shortly. If there are any other questions, please feel free to ask. And remember, have fun!
  8. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Hm... looks like I finished my required gift pic early. Should I wait until the gift art thread is posted or can it be posted in this thread?
  9. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    As tempting as it is, it would be best to wait until the gift thread is up on the 24th so that everyone can exchange gifts at approximately the same time. :)
  10. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Hm, that might be a lil tricky as I'll be out of town. However, I'll see if I can get an Internet connection then. Can't make any guarantees, though.
  11. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    I have to wait too (arriving home at the 26th)
  12. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    TrakNar, Earlybird, I could post the thread earlier if that helps, it is Christmas week now after all. :)

If anyone is running behind, we do have up till New Years Day to post.
  13. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    *hops in like the White Rabbit from "Alice in Wonderland" and pants hard*

School holidays coming up, all Christmas cards send now and Christmas presents wrapped in.

So please count me in! I am in a artistic Christmas mood now! Sorry for the delay!
  14. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I've got someone to cover for me for the 24th. Goodwood agreed to post the pic for me, so that's covered. I'll (hopefully) be back by the 26th or so to add any additional comments, but the pic will be posted on the 24th by Goodwood.
  15. Goodwood Force Ghost

star 4
    I hope that thread goes up soon because I've got to go somewhere else tonight (8pm EST to be precise) and won't be able to post afterward.

If that time arrives and the thread still isn't up, I'll put Trak's gift here.
  16. Goodwood Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, here is the first holiday gift, from TrakNar to Corellian_Outrider:

[image=http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9030/corranmiraxsmooch.jpg]

Best wishes to you, Corellian_Outrider!
  17. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    Apologies for the delay, the official thread is up and running.
    Thank you for posting on behalf of TrakNar, Goodwood! Thank you TrakNar! I love it! it is very beautiful! :)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful time.
  18. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    Well, I haven't been able to finish it yet, but I thought I would share what I have done so far. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Traknar :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

This is done on a 18" X 24" so I had to use a camera and do it piece meal. Hope you enjoy and I'll keep working on it to finish soon.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider