main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2011 Fanfic Awards--Programming Update

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luna_Nightshade, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    It's about that time, ladies and gentlemen! We are looking for volunteers to help run this year's Fanfiction Awards.

We will be needing:

An Overseer (1 person to be the point person for the whole production)

Era Hosts: (1 per each era. We are willing to combine a host for Before and NSWFF as they are both smaller events; please specify if you'd be willing to do both or not)
    Before
    Saga
    Beyond
    NSWFF

Era Volunteers: (To tally votes, post excerpts, etc.)
    Before (at least 2)
    Saga (at least 3)
    Beyond (at least 3)
    NSWFF (at least 2)

Entertainment Host (1 host; anyone can submit entertainment pieces without officially volunteering)

Help Desk Volunteers: (Any number of volunteers can come in here to help answer any questions about the process in the "Help Desk.")

If we do not obtain enough volunteers to run a particular era, that era's awards will not be held this year and instead an era-specific Summer Mod Challenge will be held with colors for the winners, yet to be determined. We will not force an insufficient number of volunteers to run the awards ceremonies--it is summer, and this should be fun!

You are able to volunteer for more than one era if you are volunteering as anything other than the Host or Overseer. However, you are not able to vote in any era you are volunteering for.

The call for volunteers is open from today until June 30th. That means that the cutoff for stories to be considered for this year's awards ceremony will also be June 30th.

2. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Do we volunteer here or via PM?

3. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Either works, whatever you'd prefer.

4. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Put me down for hosting Saga (or Beyond). Though, after last year, I would really appreciate it if someone could be found to write the ceremony instead of me. I'll totally submit lots of entertainment though.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Put me on helpdesk:)

6. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Put me down for any help with NWSFF and Beyond.

I'll be an era volunteer for NWSFF. and if LilyHobbitJedi needs any help with that entertainment I will also help there.

Or I could volunteer for the overseer. Yes, I'll do that for NWSFF

7. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    What does the Entertainment Host duties include? And can you vote as entertainment host?

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Besides the voting restriction mentioned above, are there any other restrictions that apply to era volunteers?

9. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    The entertainment host is basically the person who asks for, collects, and shares entertainment pieces (like art, funny vignettes, etc.) for the ceremonies. Hosts can also ask the entertainment host to help them write their era's ceremonies.

Since the entertainment host doesn't have anything to do with the nomination or voting process...they sure can vote in any era!

Nope. The era volunteer is still able to nominate and vote in any era they aren't volunteering for. They're only limited in the one(s) that they have direct control over. They can also submit entertainment pieces for any ceremony if they'd like.

10. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    I'll volunteer for Entertainment Host then. :)

11. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    For the last few years I've been a sucker for punishment So---I'm willing to be NSWFF host, or anything else really.

12. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I would like to offer to be an Era Volunteer, any era where help is needed.

13. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I'll apply to help as an NSWFF underling, if needed. Or Before. :)

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    As is part of my yearly ritual, I hereby volunteer. And I'll see whoever does entertainment a few days before the ceremonies when they need last-minute things. :p As is part of the yearly ritual.

15. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Considering how sporadic I write, I doubt I'll be entering anything, so I may as well just volunteer my services for whatever grunt work is needed.

16. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    I have the spreadsheets in excel form from last year still, with excel sheets for every category already made up into a nice folder for voting and all that stuff. If the hosts need these, I could see about zipping them up and then you will have sort of a template to go off of, worked real well for me how I did it last year.

17. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    Put me up as a volunteer for the Saga.

18. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    I don't think I can make a commitment to volunteer or host this year, unfortunately. I did enjoy it and I think I handled it pretty well but it was indeed a lot of work, but fun. But I will do a few entertainment pieces for Before, Saga and Beyond. So whoever ends up hosting entertainment, I'm up for doing 2 to 4 pieces total between Saga, Beyond, and Before.

19. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Sign me up for Help Desk again. :)

20. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Just a few more days left for sign-up, and we're still needing a few positions filled. Please post/PM with any questions!

21. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    My Internet has been spotty this week, but now seems on a good streak (*knock on wood*) so assuming this pattern holds, I'm willing to host Beyond or volunteer for Before/Beyond/NSWFF.

If the pattern doesn't hold, I can pop in on the Help Desk whenever I can.

22. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Hello, fanfic world! I have been gone a long time and what better way to reenter than as a volunteer. :)

Firstly - do we know when each ceremony will be held? I will be gone July 3-13, so I don't know if I can do anything other than any type of underling for any era (as I have not posted anything in over a year).

Secondly - if so, I can be a Host (I have hosted twice in the past with some difficulties). Doesn't matter the era.

Hope all is well!

-Krystal

23. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm willing to be a minion for Before, Beyond or NSWFF, whichever one needs it.

24. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    I'll be an underling somewhere, if this isn't already full.

25. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Today is the last day for signups--please post or pm to volunteer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.