main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY 2011 GALACTIC ALLIANCE BOOK CLUB DATES AND READS

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LordZannah, Jan 6, 2011.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah, maybe we can carry over the discussion to the next meeting. I would like that as I had some stuff to contribute on the Falcon as well.

2. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Sounds great Mika... I really want to discuss this book... it was sorta like reading a Christine novel... but so much more interesting! =D=

3. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    http://knightsarchive.wordpress.com/2011/08/23/a-chat-with-sue-rostoni/

A must read. I loved the Brian Daley tid bits (*sniff* stang I hate cancer), and my buddy Nathen Butler made a cameo!

4. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Awesome interview... thanks Jammies. [:D]

5. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Nathan Butler used to work at the comic shop where I bought my Star Wars comics from 7th-12th grades. We'd allways talk the wars and he would tell me about this thing called the internet where he was writing a timeline. Fast farward, and he has the timetales website and has even penned a few dark horse comics.

I doubt he remebers me now.

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Finished up "Specter of the Past" today. Will be starting "Vision of the Future" soon. I should be able to make the next book club meeting so I hope everyone is ready for some good discussion!

7. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    I'm starting on "Vision Of The Future" now also. We'll have three books to discuss at our next meeting, this should be a pretty awesome meeting. Looking forward to this one. [face_dancing]

8. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    One more week till book club! Woo hoo!

9. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I know! I'm taking extra vit. C just to make sure I will be healthy this time.

Also, bring notes, topics for discussion, etc.

Question: blue makeup in the galaxy far far away, does it stain a hotel sink?

10. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    depends on the make-up used. some can.

11. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    I don't know about the hotels far, far away...... but look out for the ones here!!! Eeee-cheeee-wua-wua!!! :eek:]-}:oops:

12. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Oh, I was just making a funny. Nocturus's face paint stained the sink at C5, and this month's book features an actor with blue make up.

(crickets chirp. No laughs)

So, that was my attempt at humor.

--Jammies

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Aaaanyhoo. See you all on Monday!

14. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    O.K... I'll be running a little late, I had a very lengthy pod cast session with "The Brutal One" today, and it's set me back on my schedule, but see you all there tonight. .... 7:30ish possibly 7:45ish... but I'll come winging in, in the TIE. :D

15. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Oh for crying out loud! I'm sorry gang, I didn't make it. Things piled up on me today... phone call after phone call... yhat-tah-yhat-tah-yackety-shmackety... and I'm stressed. I haven't even fed my hounds yet. I hope it was a great meeting and I'll see you all soon. "I hope". ugh... :rolleyes:

16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yes, great meeting and lots to discuss and even some new members. You missed a good one but darn that Darth Real Life from popping up. At least you and the Brutal One were working on spreading the gospel of Star Wars through popcasting so we'll forgive you this time :)

17. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    That is the great thing about the borads-- we can carry on our discussions any time we frelling want!

I might post up some notes on the readings in the next few weeks. If not, well, that's Darth Real life. We will read a really cool one for December. Labyriynth of EVIL!

Jammies

18. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Oh, speeking of continuing the discussion:

11 had some really good points, and if she wants to continue those here.........

One was, why clone yourself? Boba is a clone of Jango, but he isn't Jango. So why does Thrawn, Palpy, Issard, etc, keep cloning themselves? It isn't like THEY will live forever-- just a DNA copy.

I think it is Survours Quest where Parack hints at more than one Thran clone? Why? What is the point of that?

19. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    Exactly.

I know their intention is for the clone to continue their mission or life's work because, as Mrs. Jedimika pointed out, they certainly wouldn?t expect anyone else to be capable of accomplishing it or expect their subordinates to be able to manage without them.
    Although even as we determined that ego was the reason behind the creation of a clone, the creators' soul/energy (or whatever you want to call it) does not transfer over to that clone. Therefore it?s not really the creator, and they don't have the ability to experience the clone?s triumphs. And despite the memory flash, they can?t impose their will upon the clone to make sure it does the job they want done. Their clone may just want to be a farmer.

[face_shame_on_you] Thrawn should have been fully aware of the unreliability of a clone creation while dealing with the crazy C'baoth clone. He should have destroyed his clone the second C'baoth started to go cuckoo.

But perhaps maybe cloning oneself is the evil dictators? version of procreation and leaving a legacy.
    Cannon or uncannon, Palpatine had a son named Triclops and you know he was thinking?well, that didn?t come out right? better make a clone!

Thoughts?

Anyways, it was great to see everyone last night! And I'm so happy we have some new wonderful Star Wars fans in our group! It was awesome to meet you both and I can't wait to see you again soon.:)

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Oh yeah, I meant to bring up the fact that Chewie was no where to be found in either book. He and the kids were shuffled off the stage to never be seen again. Kind of odd.

21. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Wasn't Palpy able to transfer his force energy in to his Clones? I think where he's concerned, he was able to actually accomplish this feat. At one point, he'd wound up with Lord Andedus Holocron, which contained that information.

On another note... One of the things I noticed myself, was that the Bothan race as a whole were demonized for what a few did in helping the genocide. And everyone apparently forgot real quickly, that if not for the Bothan race as a "whole", they wouldn't have destroyed the death Star. As Mon Motha said,"Many Bothans died to bring us this information". Geesh!! Even in the universe far, far away, people are a fickle lot.

I'm sorry guys... sure did miss all of you. And hated missing the intros to the new folks.... "Hi There! Welcome to the Alliance"!! =D=

But maybe some of you will be here this coming Saturday. [face_dancing]

22. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Heh, actually they're going to be at Fan Days this weekend. I'm very envious.

23. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Fan Days? Awesome!

Zannah, I never thouht of that! If it were not for the Bothan's, the Empire would still be in power. As Kardde said, the Empire did keep these little brush fires in check and without a totalitarian government they are using it as an excuse to start old wars. But, I agree with you. It is not unlike anti-american sentiment in Europe in the 60s and 70s I guess. Durring WW2 and later under the Marshall plan the US saved their butts, but then opinions changed.

What did you think of the Falcon book?

24. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    The Falcon book was awesome! Who'd of ever knew the ole girl had led such a life! Wow... excitement coming out of the gate... quite literally! And contained such awesome information. She kinda reminded me of muhself. 8-} But yes.... That one is going down as one of my favorites. =D=

25. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah but remember the Bothans led the Rebels into a trap at Death Star II. They didn't win a whole lot of fans for that. If it wouldn't have been for Han (and his team of commandos...okay and maybe a few Ewoks) bringing down the shield generator it would have been the end of the Alliance.