main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2011 St. Patrick's Day Parade

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obey Wann, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I was wondering if we were planning on participating this year. Applications are due January 31.

I haven't heard any discussion on this, so I'm wondering if we are going to do it or not. We have the Hoth float still, and could easily put on as good of a show as we did last year. Sooo.... are we in?

[image=http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Nsy9Ry9bVy4/S5xWzLJ04lI/AAAAAAAAkUY/jv1gyybQqCQ/s800/2010-03-13-0029.jpg]

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    We have talked about it, but most of the time it's durning our meetings, we are going to be talking about it again on the next meeting.

We are planning on using the same float this year. We haven't been approached by any other group and not sure if we've even talked w/ WOTR about the entry either, looks like all of these things will need to be done ASAP.

What is the talk on the other boards? I can only see RL's.

3. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    There hasn't been any talk on other boards yet. It looks like everyone has sorta forgotten about how close we are.

Personally, I'd prefer to do things the same as we did last year --one combined, massive entry. I can do the liaison stuff with the 501st initially, if needed.

4. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Metting minutes will be posted, meanwhile if you want to see if there is interested on 501st & RL side???? I don't see anything on their boards either.

ZOO or Sarn can contact WOTR to see if it will be the same as last year, if not we can cover the entry fee & do the application so we don't get in the back of the line :D

5. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I've talked briefly with Scott and Gina about it. We will be getting our interest lists going shortly.

6. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I have left a message for Burchette to see what is up. If he doesn't get back to me I will leave a message for the new COO.

7. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks Becca!!!!

8. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Lego-Stormtrooper-1 Former RMFF CR star 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Whoa, whoa, whoa.....is this even up for question!? :eek: I will march down the street alone, naked and covered in green Jello whist wielding the RMFF banner if I have to! This is happening folks!!!

9. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    Correction. FLUFFY and I will be naked and covered in green jello. Carry on.

[image=http://icons.mysitemyway.com/wp-content/gallery/green-jelly-icons-culture/028927-green-jelly-icon-culture-astrology2-scorpion.png]

10. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    LOL, love you lego, you are never a lose for words.

I printed the application off, the fees don't look like they have gone up this year. We can totally swing this.

11. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005

I'll front the fee just to see Him do it alone! [face_devil]

... and then we can line up along the parade route with water balloons! [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

12. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    You think I'm kidding, don't you!?[face_shame_on_you]

13. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    I know you can be pretty enthusiastic. Here's a video that I shot of you last parade. You da man!

14. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Why, why, why, why did I click the link......

15. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    Your powers are weak, old man! [face_shame_on_you] I'm not falling for your shenanigans DWRD! (I refuse to call you by your fluffer name)

..oh and by the way, I just became the mayor of your mom! [face_skull]

16. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002

LAME!

17. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Back to the business at hand, entry fee is $60, deadline is 1/31/11, I have it printed out, we can fill it out at the meeting and give WOTR a little time to see if they are in or out.

The other groups have been notified that we are using our float again & will front the fees if they want to join in, great. Looks like Rebel Legion is on board, can't see 501st boards, still need to get approved :(

18. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    <last word>

Ha, ha! You clicked on it, so guess who is eating lame pie. :p

</last word>

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread, where I'm happy to help give our Hoth float a facelift for the upcoming parade.

19. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I have requested the day off, and it looks like it will be approved. Bean and I will be there if it is, in costume and as riders. She still has a year of growing before she can walk.

Jeff, I can help with painting on Tuesdays (my day off) if you have one off and the weather is right. Just let me know.

20. Tahiri_Solo14

Tahiri_Solo14 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    I'm always in for this. I could possibly swing a Hoth Leia costume. (provided I can find a white snow suit or loose 15 pounds *sigh*) Depending on my work schedual and prior comitments, I'm up for paint touching up etc. :)

21. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    actually i didn't have to click on it...i know better...but it was/is STILL lame. ;)

22. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009
    Did we get our app in?

23. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Yes, thanks to Zoo for taking the lead once again.

24. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
  25. Lego-Stormtrooper-1

Apr 27, 2009