2011 St. Patrick's Day Parade

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obey Wann, Jan 10, 2011.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Kal-El_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
  2. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    For a Post-Parade meetup... What would you all think about hitting the Bull & Bush afterwards? Everything downtown is going to be SLAMMED after the parade. And they have a room in the back. I can't imagine their Saturday lunch rush will be huge on the 12th.
  3. Tahiri_Solo14 Force Ghost

star 1
    I can walk the parade. Not sure if my BFF will be joining me this year. Still need to figure out costume situation. I will let you guys know if I can join you for paint/touch up on the float.
  4. Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer

star 3
    Chris wants to know if she can be in the parade without a costume, wearing her RMFF hoodie.
  5. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    Jason, that has never been a problem in the past.
  6. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Nerf we need folks to help keep those with poor visibility from falling over each other.

The paperwork arrived today! [face_dancing][face_good_luck]

We are in Division 1 - Unit 53!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D=[face_dancing][face_good_luck]

Our staging time is 9AM. I'm going to scan all of the paperwork and post it up tomorrow.

[face_good_luck][face_dancing][face_good_luck][face_dancing][face_good_luck][face_dancing][face_good_luck][face_dancing][face_good_luck]
  7. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  8. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I haven't gotten confirmation yet, but we're trying to have a pre-parade staging at WOTR because it will be MUCH easier from there, than Sith Central. In which case... Carpooling and staging would begin before 9AM. We'd step off from WOTR at 8:30AM
  9. Mistress Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If I can make this happen, and that is still a big fat if, I will be a plus three and will need some float space for the kiddos.
  10. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    ALL HAIL ZOO, RAMEN! :D [face_good_luck]
  11. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  12. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I wish I could go. :( I'll be attending a men's retreat that weekend. Can anyone do some photography, in my absence?
  13. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I think there was a guy in the MG who did some awesome photography a couple years ago at the parade... Theropod, I think???
  14. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
  15. cyodarun Retired RMFF CR

star 4
    Am I allowed to carry my camera in the parade? If so, I'll bring the big girl lens.
  16. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    I've run through our parade group back and forth with a video camera, so I doubt a camera is a problem.
  17. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    Bring your camera and document the mayhem.

Zoo, can you start a head count for folks riding in the float from all three groups?
  18. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Then I probably have the name wrong... I know there was a guy with us taking all those great shots, and I swear he was an MGer
  19. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    3 possibly 4 non-walking wounded in the float, and 2 kids, so far. And "Chewie" standing in whatever spot we put her in. What's our max on seats for the float?
  20. cyodarun Retired RMFF CR

star 4
    Big Girl Lens packed and ready to document....digits crossed that I can do the group some justice in Bill' absence,, but I will shoot and hope :)

Bought a "shoot in the rain cover today", just in case. yea!
  21. Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Any chance I can meet someone along I-25 north and carpool down from there? Around 104th or 120th or even more north would be swell. MonCal won't be in the parade this year, and I hate driving down to Denver
  22. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    We may be able to help. I will check and let you know.
  23. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    i am up in the air at this point sorry to say...i feeling under the weather. :(
  24. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    I will be in my hoth rebel trooper costume and Dan will be in my tusken. I have a rebel pilot if anyone wants to wear it.
  25. jthornto Force Ghost

star 4
    Could I borrow the rebel pilot? I don't have a lightsaber this year and my ANH Luke needs one to make the costume complete, I think.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby