main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2013 3 3/4" Black Series

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Uhm Some bad news (In the Uk it's nothing but bad news) for you Americans (at least you've got a reasonably chance of seeing these).

The Rogue One wave I listed above has now been split and the later one pushed back.
    The next wave will only contain Jyn Erso and the Imperial Death Trooper. Apparently Cassian Andor and Scarif Stormtrooper have been pushed out for a later wave.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=18922

Hasbro might repack some other figures in (ERG would be a good move) or some other but nothing has been mentioned.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Speaking of Rogue One, if you're in the UK and you have a Sainsbury's supermarket near you, be sure to take a look. Mine had a large display at the entrance yesterday. One section was devoted to Trolls (the film) but the other two sections were SW in general and Rogue One in particular.

whostheBossk and Master_Rebado like this.
  3. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Master_Rebado likes this.
  4. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Nothing in Midwest. Traveled to Texas, nothing there either.

5. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Got the TBS 3.75" TFA Han & the TFA Leia - from Wal-mart. The figures look decent - glad I was able to finally find them.

Juke Skywalker and whostheBossk like this.
  6. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Recently got R1 Jyn, two Emperor's Royal Guard(s), and Ahsoka TBS 3.75" figures. Excellent!

I was having flash-backs to '83 with the ERG figures - great sculpt & cloth goods. The black & red packaging/box really fits the figures themselves, which are also red & black (the visor).

I guess I missed the Deathtroopers in this wave.

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Blur They will be repacked in the next wave along with the release of Cassian and the Scariff Squad leader stormtrooper.

Meanwhile in the UK, still nothing of Wave 3. Hardly any TBS figures have moved in the local store for months. I'm very worried I won't see Wave 3,4 and 5 ever. I'm considering overpaying from the Internet but I don't like that prospect.

8. Blur

Aug 11, 1999

Good to know - I'd like to get at least 2 TBS 3.75" Deathtroopers. Great figures!

9. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Seen three Death Troopers but passed as price jumped back up to $12.83. Also seen Jun and Royal Guard. Did keep a Royal Guard awhile back. Just need the $5-$9 range on these figures if possible.

10. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    From what I hear in America if you see them, get them because quite a few people have said that they have had trouble getting hold of them.

In the UK still nothing.

11. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    UK News
    I've just heard some good news, you know how we I hate Hasbro and ASDA and how we haven't received Wave 3 yet well someone has said they found both Wave 3 and 4 last week.
    That's Rey, Finn, Poe and TFA Han, Leia, Phasma.......

..... I need these. But I think I would have to walk about an hour to go to the bigger ASDA store.

Hopefully I can pick these up without them disappearing.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    No ASDA store in my local area, unfortunately. I'll be in town tomorrow so I'll check out TRU and Entertainer.

13. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Finally found two 3 3/4 TBS Deathtrooper figures - excellent toys here. I doubt I'll get more than two, however.

The sculpt is very similar to the also-excellent 6" Deathtroopers; however, these 3 3/4 figures are missing the "holster" for the laser pistol that the 6" figure has. No biggie, however. These 3 3/4 Deathtroopers still have excellent sculpts!!!

14. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Australian news -

AUS wide retail chain "Big W" has started selling the Black Series 4" line at $25 AUD each.

No other retailer did take up the option to buy TBS 4" back when it was relaunched just before TFA,so this is the only bricks and mortar retailer to have them.

Appears that it's only Lando (General ROTJ),Admiral Ackbar,Jyn Erso,Cassian Andor,Death Trooper and Scarif Trooper wave in store at this time according to all sightings.

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Pheeeew, boy, that's awfully pricey for 3 3/4". I thought we had it bad w/Wal-Mart's $12-13. Hard to imagine the line gaining any traction at that price point. Seems like I recall Star Wars Action News asking Hasbro about the future of the line at New York Comic-Con back in October and I don't think they were ready to say anything firm. Price aside, it does seem to sell here, when they show up.

16. Blur

Aug 11, 1999

Living in the U.S., I don't have a good concept of what foreign money translates to re: U.S. dollars. So, is $25 AUD equivalent to U.S. $25? Or is it less? If it's equivalent (or semi-equivalent), that's extremely expensive for a 3.75" TBS figure - and is even more than a 6" SW figure here in the U.S.

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You can find currency converters via Google. The one I used says 25 AUD is worth 18.56 USD.

18. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

Aside from a few Cassian Andor's I've seen sitting left over @ stores,the rest all sold really quickly so I would say the lack of anything above 5 POA has left a real taste for it here in AUS.

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    The thing is with Australia and the UK..... there exists a large collecting fanbase it's just the people who normally would have been buying TVC aren't buying TBS because they don't know it exists. With the line being exclusive to ASDA those same collectors (and store employees) that would raid TRU on a regular basis just don't know that SA TFA figures exists but in small quantities.
    If they were in TRU, I can imagine them selling out very quickly. The employees themselves would snap them up because a lot of them were collectors.

Also regarding TBS, it's not going away, it's sticking as an exclusive and there will likely be more Rogue One figures released.

20. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Picked up Toryn Farr and Red Yees for $1.99 each! Try to sell two Death Troopers and barely broke even so most are found in stores now.