main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2013 3 3/4" Black Series

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, it's been the same around here. The Black Series halted and Rebels figures began trickling out. And I do mean trickling.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Finally got TBS Bastila Shan w/good paint apps. Great figure, and I was especially glad to get this since I missed TVC version.

Other than that, haven't seen any new TBS figures in stores for many months. I already knew the last waves would be tough to find @ retail, especially since TFA figures are hitting this September - only 4 months away!

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Actually only 3 months away as it's early September!! Blur Glad you found that figure, I was happy to find her as well. Found a few at Meijer. Her and Darth Malgus were going to be untouchable in TVC series so ya, I am glad TBS released these popular figures again. Would like to see other hard to find figures re-released such as Sith Lords or Jaina/Jacen Solo

4. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Saw the wave with Clone Commander Wolffe, INT, etc. recently - however, I passed because these were at the new price of $12.99 each, and that's just too much to pay for figures that I'm not that thrilled about. I also already have two of the TVC INT....

That being said, if these were at the lower price of $9.99 (that they were until earlier this year), I may definitely have gotten a couple of them..

I will still get Moseep Bineed (sp?!) at that higher price, but that's a never-before-made figure, from my favorite scene in the Saga - i.e., the cantina scene... Of course, this is assuming I can even find this figure @ retail....It will be the last TBS wave released, and historically those are always hardest to find....

This is definitely the beginning of the end of my SW collecting, since I suspect TFA figures may also be $12.99 retail as well....

5. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Let's hope TFA figures are not at $12.99 ,that would be awful. My suggestion is just hide the figures until they go on sale ;)

Spotted the new Black Series Rex the other day and the Imperial Commander fella, held off, but great to see.

6. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Anyone else finding the new wave available? Passed on the Commander Doom (why is this a figure or even a character?) I don't remember seeing him from TCW, maybe comics? Snagged the only figure at a random stop in the city, Target had Commander Wolffe. Good looking figure, but not demanding much on the open market.

7. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Nah, i've pretty much dumped any hopes i had for TBS 3.75 line. Rumors are saying it'll now be retailer exclusive.

8. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I have spotted many new Black Series mostly at Target. Clone Commander Doom, Rex, Wolffe, Luke as Vader in ESB, Imperial Navy
    Commander, Chewy, and of course Luke Hoth and R5 are still on the pegs. I didn't get any of the figures with that high price point as Blur
    has stated as well. Just too much.

9. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Unfortunately, I doubt we'll see the Mosep Bineed wave @ retail. It is the last wave in TBS, and those are typically the hardest to find. It sounds like those of us who want figures from this wave will have to go online, which I hate doing...

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    These little lovelies just surfaced online:

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  11. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Picked up both Clone Commander Wolffe and Captain Rex TBS @ Target today. It was painful to pay the higher $12.99 price, but since TBS is the last SW line I'm going to collect for the forseeable future, that justified the cost (at least to me - LOL). In any case, good figures.

Still looking for Mosep Bineed, but have a feeling he won't hit retail - since stores are gearing up for TFA toys.

Those two Jawas look great as well....

12. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Yes, all great looking figures. I like TBS but that price is insane. I would think they may keep super articulated that high and have the lesser main line for TFA at $5.99/$6.99.
    Blur I broke down and bought Wolffe too, just too cool of a figure to ignore, especially since he was the only figure on the shelf that day. Also, if i ever see Mosep Bineed i will get 'em for you.

13. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Thanks! No need to get Mosep for me, though - I actually may get the figure online - not sure, though. I seriously doubt this wave will hit retail. Usually the last wave of a SW line is only available online only, i.e. TVC last wave back in 2012. Though the Mosep wave hasn't specifically been described as being online only, I doubt retailers will order this - after all, we only have a little over 1 month left before TFA hits @ retail...

14. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Came across something a bit random @ Wal-Mart today. Not that randomness @ Wal-Mart is that unusual, but Star Wars randomness is. At least at my local one.

[​IMG]

This particular Wal-Mart has gotten in exactly one--ONE--wave of Black Series figures. Ever. So for this random floor display to show up less than a month from Force Friday is a bit odd. And if hat wasn't random enough, look, those cheapo lightsabers, because, why not? The other side was filled with SW Hot Wheels.

And yes, that's my Diet Pepsi.

whostheBossk likes this.
  15. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Looks like they brought out their display early.

16. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Got Mosep Binneed from Amazon earlier this week. Excellent cantina alien! It was more $ than I wanted to pay, but since I'm not sure I'll be able to find this @ retail I definitely wanted to get the figure. Great toy, and one of my favorite figures in TBS - I like never-before-made Cantina characters anyway, and this is one of the better ones. IIRC, there was more than one of these guys in ANH, so I may pick up another one if I can find this @ retail. I like the alien design/costume so much that it would be great to have several for a Tattoine/cantina diorama. I also like the fact that this character's design was used for Jabba the Hutt in the original Marvel comics, pre-ROTJ.

Also got the TBS Jawas figures from Amazon, also for more than I wanted to pay. That being said, these are excellent figures, and are some of my favorite Jawas from the modern line.

Juke Skywalker and whostheBossk like this.
  17. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Also got the TBS Leia Boushh @ Wal-mart last week. Fantastic sculpt, and the face sculpt reminds me quite a bit of the face sculpts from the 12" Hasbro Leia figures from the '90's - and that's a compliment (though, the figure still doesn't look like Carrie Fisher).

Also, IMHO this TBS version has a much better sculpt than the last 3.75 Leia Boushh from 2006-ish?! This TBS version has the thermal detonator molded into the hand (and the 2006 version had a removable detonator), but I don't mind this because with this molded into the hand, I won't lose the accessory; I don't like small accessories with these figures because the likely-hood is increased that I'll lose them....

18. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Managed to see Black Series display at one Wal Mart this week featuring the new wave. I didn't get anything as price is high , but maybe later I'll pick up the few that "accidentally" fell in the back where only i can reach. They did have Jawas, Commander Thorn, and Han with carbonite.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  19. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    When I saw the $12.99 sign on the display at my store I about had a cow. I thought "Man, they're pricing themselves out of the market.". But sure enough, I went there a couple of days later and they'd killed the display and moved the remaining figures, of which there were only 2-3, to the shelf.

20. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Seen some at $9.08 price at Target. Wal Marts i've seen dont have any but lately I've seen quite a few pop up in clearance isle for $12. Not a discount if you ask me, and since these are not on shelf anywhere, leads me to think other Walmarts sent them.

21. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Got TBS Clone Commander Doom today @ Wal-mart. Great figure! I'm not collecting any of TFA toys, so paying the higher price for TBS is palatable to me - especially since this is the last TBS wave for the foreseeable future.

22. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Major props if you can resist TFA figures on shelves. I will be particular on who i get.

23. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    The Black Series 3 3/4" line lives... at Wal-Mart [face_frustrated]

Just read an article on Rebelscum that Wal-Mart has signed a deal to become the exclusive retailer for the 3 3/4" Black Series. First two waves are said to be up for pre-order on Walmart.com, and will hit shelves in October.

It's funny because Wal-Mart has done the worst job of any of the major retailers of keeping SW toys in stock; particularly the Black Series. They also recently jacked the price on them up to $13.99, at least in my area.

Oh well, if you collect the line I suppose the good thing is you won't have to go all voer town looking for them. You can simply limit your searches to Wal-Mart. Better to not find them at one store than not find them at five stores I suppose.

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    It's been confirmed that the 3 3/4" black series is now a Walmart exclusive. Click HERE for pics of new packaging etc.

25. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I love that packaging. I'll probably get the 3.75 black series now. Glad I knew before I went shopping today! I'll just wait for those then. :D