main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY 2013 Autism Awareness Walk - 4/27/13

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BobaChris12, Mar 29, 2013.

1. GrandAdmDraco

GrandAdmDraco Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2011
    I'm out of town next week, but am due home thurs. So knock on wood that something major doesn't happen that delays me 2 extra days(which is very very very unlikely) I'll be there.

2. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    Such a worthy cause. I hope others will get on board and encourage Vader to 'take a hike'.

3. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    Thanks for the reminder!

4. CapturedJedi

CapturedJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 12, 2011
    unavailable

5. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    We have been asked to be ready at 9am when registration starts. People tend to visit the vendor booths until 10. We can then either walk, or take it easy until 11:30. One more quick appearance for photos until 12:30, them we can head on our way.

Lets plan to meet in the parking lot to ITT Tech (next door to Summit) at 8:30. I have been instructed to call Nick and he will direct us where to go from there.

6. GreyGirl

GreyGirl Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2009
    See you then. I have the table bin.

7. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    I unfortunately can't make this event now didnt realize how early event was and the guy I had lined up to work for me can't now. Gggrrrrrrr

8. BobbyFromBUF

BobbyFromBUF Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 23, 2013
    Good luck, and have fun today! Sorry I can't help out. I'm just returning from Portland, OR. Currently sitting at JFK, reading through old threads on here as well as FISD... :)

9. DEE_SKYWALKER

DEE_SKYWALKER Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 12, 2011
  10. Nick Rockwell

Nick Rockwell Jedi Knight

Apr 28, 2013
    Thanks to everyone who attended this event! You guys were awesome and everyone was excited to see you! I'm the one from Summit who reached out to you and I'm so glad you were able to help.
    I'm planning on joining your illustrious ranks and attending SWN for the first time.
    I have another event that I'm planning to raise money for autism awareness- and it's Star Wars themed. It's called The Force is Strong with Autism Awareness- and if everything goes as planned fans will not want to miss it.
    It will be at Oogie Games in Lockport. We'll have video game challenges for prizes. We'll be building really cool outdoor games that can be played for prizes. One of the games will be a large Star Wars Angry Birds with a slingshot and a collapsable AT-AT to destroy. Another game could be a Jedi lightsaber game based on the scene in IV where Luke practices with the remote and blast helmet. There is a Death Star Trench Toss game based on bean bag toss that we are trying to have donated, but will buy if needed.
    The date of the event will be dependent on when the most of you will be available. I'm really hoping for sometime in July or early August. I hope to see many of you there and I think you'll have a great time if you come. I am imagining your role at the event to encourage gamers in character, which I think is where you have the most fun in costume. I'm just now realizing that many of you are Sith warriors and it may be fun to design some kind of Sith training game. -Sorry my mind is constantly brainstorming for this, it's like my whole life has been leading to the moment where I get to create a Star Wars event.
    And can anyone help me figure out how to change my forums name?

11. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    I believe the only way to change your screen name is to create another screen name.

12. Spice Smuggler

Spice Smuggler Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    ok, thanks. I created another account so I could have another screen name. It tells you when you register that the name you put in the box will be your screen name, and you can't change it ever. So I guess I just have to read things before I do them.