main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2013 Costume Projects and Wish Lists!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Miana Kenobi, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    It's that time again! I know I've already got a few costumes in the pipeline, so what's yours?

So planned list & Wish List.

Will Hopefully Happen:

1. Kya from The Legend of Korra (BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT SHE LOOKS LIKE NOW!!!!)

[​IMG]

2. Merida's ripped dress from Brave
    (Because I already have the fabric).

[​IMG]

Wish List

Arwen Requiem dress v2.0

[​IMG]

I made this dress ages ago before I cared about accuracy. I really want to do it right now.

Eowyn Shieldmaiden dress

[​IMG]

And the super Never-Gonna-Happen-But-One-Can-Dream dress:

Miss Hartigan from Doctor Who

[​IMG]

BultarSwan and Admiral Volshe like this.
  2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Projects I need to finish

Endor Commando
    [​IMG]
    Need to buy boots, longsleeved t-shirt and gloves and fix the camo

18th century corset
    [​IMG]
    I was never happy with the one I tried to figure myself with available online patterns, and now it's worn out, so I'm going for a bought pattern this time.

Robe Anglaise
    [​IMG]

Jawa (for my nephew)
    [​IMG]

Aunt Beru (ROTS)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  3. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Given how insane last year was, I'm going to try to do a little less. My two main projects (Mission and Katara) are certainly less involved than a number of my costumes from last year. So, here's hoping.

1. Mission Vao from Knights of the Old Republic

[​IMG]

2. Grown-up Katara from the SDCC "Old Friends" poster

[​IMG]

3. Female Jedi armor from The Old Republic (goal is for armor only, soft parts may have to wait).

[​IMG]

4. Undergarments for Padme's purple senate dress

[​IMG]

5. Kira Carsen

[​IMG]

4. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    I am in grad school now and the fall will take me to Japan for my second year of grad studies, so I am keeping the list short:

Finish up:

Clone Wars Purple Senate Padme

[​IMG]

I have most of the materials now and I have begun the skirt embroidery. The goal is to get this done by summer.

KotOR Style Wrapped Jedi Robes

[​IMG]

Based on Juhani's color scheme. I'm going to have to add tabbards and some belt details if I want this to be accepted in the Rebel Legion as a generic Jedi. This will be my Japan project.

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Since I just got my sewing machine in November and I pretty much teaching myself to sew (my mom taught me a little bit years ago but I no longer live close to her) saying I'll get to anything is probably being more than a little ambitious, but one has to have goals... right?

I'm hoping to do Mara from her and Luke's Jedi wedding. I know it's just Jedi robes in different colors, but I like the color! :)

[​IMG]

Admiral_Volshe and Commander-DWH like this.
  6. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Yay, Mav! Jedi robes are a great way to start costuming. :D I can't wait to see your progress!

mavjade likes this.
  7. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I'm working on two projects this year. Fairly new to the whole costuming thing, however I've jumped right in. I'm mainly interested in making life-sized mannequins, I've set up a motion sensor to play voice sounds to frighten my family. My first project is the judge from Dredd 3D, and following that I'll be going for a full Darth Vader outfit.

8. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm hoping to work with a friend to create a Sith inspired robe, just for around the house. :)
    I'm going to attempt to make it with a fleece or light inner lining, to keep me cosy.

I've started it, but realised if I want it done sooner, I needed some extra help.

I'm going to try a few more projects, mainly small things, so I'll work on those as I have time.

My other main project is an Imperial Officer uniform, but that might take a while, I'm really busy this year.

BultarSwan likes this.
  9. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    I am currently working on an ANBU Itachi Uchiha costume from Naruto.

I already have the arm guards, arm warmers, sweatpants, leg wraps and hair taken care of.

[​IMG]

10. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    I have a few costumes to complete this year:

Princess Leia as Boushh

Endor - Ewok Village Leia

and my newest want is IMPERIAL KNIGHT

I also need to make a Jedi costume for hubby,
    Jedi Robes for myself, hubby and a friend.
    Padawan costumes for the kiddos.

thesevegetables likes this.
  11. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Currently working on last-minute costume for Emerald City Comicon.
    Ebisu from Naruto.
    Still need to paint one arm and attach something to my bandana.
    Sadly, I don't have the glasses and won't be able to get them before tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Adding something else to this list:

[​IMG]

Jack Harkness' coat. Not to do the costume, I just really want his coat.

13. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Hey all! Been absent for quite a while, but I kinda want to eventually get back into costuming again. I'd really love to do Padme's Green Dress from EP3 - but the shear size of it all intimidates me. That might be a loooong-term project.

On the shorter term list: a suit for the hubby & a dress for me:
    [​IMG]

14. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Finished my Endor commando
    [​IMG]

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I actually have a timeline on my last year's project of Ember Island Player Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender and need to finish that by the end of summer.

We also did a massive shopping day in the LA Fabric district!

On the far left is the wool & lining for Jack's coat, the pile under the fur is for Kya, the far right is for Merida, and at the bottom is the Katara fabric.
    [​IMG]

16. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Costume Projects:

Belt pouches for my Corellian Jedi costume.
    [​IMG]

Corellian Civilian/Undercover Jedi: just need the saber holster and pants, which will probably be Han Solo style, green denim with silver bloodstripes. (maybe a new shirt too. Hadn't decided on the goggles). This was my concept pic:
    [​IMG]

KOTOR red robes: (though, SoA, if I ever end up joining Rebel Legion, I've come up with some costuming standards to try talk them into accepting KOTOR 1 Jedi!) I have about half of the fabric, and the boots.
    [​IMG]

X-Wing Pilot Jaina Solo: I think I've got the cloth parts of this figured out, and I'm just starting to collect supplies. The helmet and Jaina's saber (I'd like an Ultrasabers' Archon for it) may be too expensive to do in the next year or two...but I can start, right?

There may be a Rosie Cotton-ish hobbit costume as well, but that's mostly found items if I can still fit into the dress.

The last two are a bit further out/ dream costumes:

Darth Revan: I have most of the soft parts, actually, it's just the armor-making that will hold this up. And the fact that I have a lot of other projects started already. I like this picture, but I'll be making mine a little more accurately styled to the game. I'd like an Ultrasabers Shock LE saber for it.
    [​IMG]

Jaden Korr (Blue Twi'lek version) from Jedi Academy: the one costume I probably can't do at all cheaply. But it would be a ton of fun.
    [​IMG]

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Comic Con is coming up, which means I need to start sewing Kya.

Commander-DWH likes this.
  18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Kya finished!

[​IMG]

mirax80, mavjade and Commander-DWH like this.
  19. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    On a similar note, I finished my Mission Vao costume!

[​IMG]

20. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    My first project ever! I'm working on making (well, doing the sewing part anyways), a Renn. costume! Buuut I'm stuck.

21. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    The only thing I have planned atm is making Len and Rin's Synchronicity costumes!

[​IMG]

I finished her dress and there are only a few things left on his. The faux fur was originally white and isn't taking too well to the yellow dye, so I might either leave it as it is or try to find a pre-colored yellow faux fur. Following that, I need a wig for him and the accessories. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I went back and fixed the hood a bit after I took this picture. :)

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
  23. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    Corellian Civilian / Undercover Jedi is coming along....slowly.
    [​IMG]
    I ended up attempting to make the "ANH Han Solo Polo", and have started on the bloodstripes for the pants. Jacket is a found item. Boots, belt and lightsaber will be reused from my Jedi costume. I may turn some tan suede work gloves into driving gloves, too. So I just need the saber holster and the Jedi/Rebel charms for the necklace (the expensive parts!)

I'll eventually redo the Solo Polo, because I'm not happy with it. Interesting how much of a difference that and the bloodstripes makes...this costume is going more and more Han as I go. Here's a picture of my earliest concept - v neck t-shirt and odd gray jeans. Not even the coolest holster belt is going to make that look like anything other than a bad day in the '90s. I might be able to alter the jeans for the Twi'lek, though. ;)
    [​IMG]

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Oooh I like the Jacket!

25. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    Thanks! I saw it in a thrift store and couldn't walk away....and then I found some pictures of Anakin Solo wearing a similar jacket, so clearly it belongs in Star Wars. :D
    [​IMG]

BultarSwan likes this.