main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC 2013 Fitness Goals

Discussion in 'Community' started by Souderwan, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    My body sucks. Sore Achilles!

2. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Soak it in bath salt and quit your whining. :p

YodaKenobi likes this.
  3. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Haha! - I didn't even tell you about my bleeding nipple because I didn't 'Vas up'!

I'm telling you... when I got in I stretched a lot and dunked myself in an ice bath for 10-15 minutes, then iced it all night.

Souderwan likes this.
  4. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    If anyone is looking for a new supplement I suggest Vega Sport. I quit taking pre/intra/post stuff at the beginning of the year because they were giving me bad gut rot, but on a suggestion started taking Vega a few months ago. All vegan based ingredients. No chemicals = no gut rot!

Jedi_Matt likes this.
  5. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    I'm a terrible person, but I saw that as "I didn't Vag up" and lol'd and lol'd and lol'd.

Juliet316 and Jedi_Matt like this.
  6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Cross Country season starts in less than a week! The final season.

Souderwan likes this.
  7. Malthael

Malthael Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2012
    I packed on a few pounds over the summer, but now that I have a child I'm going to have to find a way to stay active and fit. I'm trying about 45-60 minutes of cardio a day and going hi-protein, lo-carb.

8. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Good luck with that, @Mathael! You can do it!

On a new note, I did a practice Navy Physical Fitness Assessment (PFA) today. We do the actual PFA twice a year and our next one is in October. We just did this one to check where we are and see if we need to make adjustments. It's 2 mins of situps, 2 mins of pushups followed by a 1.5 mile run/walk.

Results: 101 curlups, 73 pushups, 13:08 run.

Still need to shave about a min and a half off the run for me to be happy, but I'm seriously stoked about the rest!

Jedi_Matt likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It was a bad idea to go for a run in the blazing hot heat in the middle of the day. Had to stop twice. Ugh.

10. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    A year ago today, I was at Celebration VI, meeting some of the coolest people ever. I'd been working out and trying to eat right and had already dropped about 20 lbs off my body. But I was still unhappy with myself. I couldn't run 20 mins straight. I hated running with all my heart. And by that point, I'd hit a plateau with my weight loss that I was just seriously depressed about the whole thing.

What a difference a year makes!

Today, as a birthday present to myself, I went out and ran 4.2 miles in 43 mins without stopping once! I am as happy about this as I was when I first earned my gold dolphins on my first submarine!

Just needed to share that.

11. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Congrats, Brian! I fell off the horse with this thread in a big way, but I've been lurking in it and reading your monthly Facebook updates, and I'm really impressed by your consistency and dedication, you've definitely been really motivating for me all year. This is such a big accomplishment, I'm so happy for you!

Jedi_Matt, s65horsey and Souderwan like this.
  12. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Thanks, Dani! Believe me when I say that I empathize with how difficult it is to stick to it. I've had a lifetime of stumbles and excuses before I tried this approach and made it work for me. I appreciate your support and it means the world to me. I promise you that you can do it, too. No matter how many times you fall off the horse, just remember that you can still get back on. :)

13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    but what if after you fall off the horse it runs away? i think this vague extended metaphor is a perfect excuse for my recent inactivity.

oh and congrats brian. or what's left of brian.

Souderwan likes this.
  14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    What if you fell off the horse, and it blew up because someone shot a cannon at it?

15. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Also, occasionally the horse kicks you when you're down and then runs away.

16. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
  17. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    O hai, thread. I remembered your thread here, Brian and had to stop in to say that you're doing fabulous! Every time you post on facebook I get all inspired, it's what made me start C25k. :D

Jedi_Matt and Souderwan like this.
  18. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Christopher Reeve disagrees.

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Today marks the last first day of cross country practice for me!:( I'm soooo old.

20. Erwin

Erwin Jedi Master star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    Cool thread Brian. I managed to lose about 10kgs (cant be bothered to check how many lbs) by starting to actaully go to the gym. Was a member for ages, just always was too lazy.

By the way, how many times back and forth the sub is 4.2 miles? :p

Souderwan likes this.
  21. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005

Hi Rhonda! That is the most encouraging thing I've heard! The fact that my measly efforts might help anyone get moving is just...inspiring to me. I'm super proud of you for doing C25K, btw. I can't wait to hear about your first 5k! Keep up the great work!

Erwin, if I actually were to run from bow to stern, I'd have to do 31 laps to go 4.2 miles! Thankfully, I can run at our local Mt. Trashmore. That's only 2.5 laps. :p

22. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005

I want to smack you. Like hard.

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well it was pretty damn miserable outside on our run today. 98 degree heat.

24. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Time get back on this. Pounds to lose to next goal mark: 24lbs.

25. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    I hear you. It's amazing the difference when I'm running in cooler weather. I swear, I seem to shave 10 seconds off my pace per degree! :p Do you use a camel bag or anything like that for water?

Good luck, Miana Kenobi! You're owning it!