main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC 2013 Fitness Goals

Discussion in 'Community' started by Souderwan, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Nice job, Kiki! I did another 4+ miler this morning myself. I ran about a quarter of a mile less than last time and actually took over a minute longer. Really, my first run in some time where I was over 10:30 per mile (had been doing sub 10 min miles all month). I think this probably had something to do with me carrying my camel bag full of water and it being an extraordinarily beautiful view along the beach as I was running. But all in all, I'm pretty happy with it.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well we got the mother of all workouts today. Won't be tough, but it will be long. Ugh.

Souderwan likes this.
  3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I've made it to the gym every day since joining, so I'm pleased with myself. Only bad day was Monday and no idea why, though it might be that my knee was starting to ache. I know what that means as when I was walking (power walks) 3 miles every day a couple years ago I wound up with runner's knee. Since I remember the stretches/exercises for it I've started doing them again and will forgo the treadmill for a while. Kept to the weight machines, but today did the bike along with weights and doesn't seem to hurt my knee at all. yay!

I've decided to wait a bit before weighing myself as I really don't want to be disappointed. Especially as I've been enjoying the gym.

Also found out that work will reimburse me $15 a month every time I go 10days a month. That would make the cost of the gym for me 5 bucks! I really like that! lol

Souderwan likes this.
  4. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Yeah, do not sweat the weight. Mine hasn't changed but my pants fit looser already.

5. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Weight won't really change much until at least a month after going consistently. As far as seeing actual serious change in anything, 3 months of consistency. Most of the immediate results are just changes in water weight and getting adjusted to the change of routine.

The important thing is just take it slow at first and go by how you feel, not what you see. And do notttt compare yourself to others at all. That's the worst thing to do that I'm probably the most guilty of.

6. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I think most of us are guilty of that. Seems we can't help be do that at times. I am taking it slow, slower at least then what I started out with. More listening to my body and not pushing it over the limits because I want results now.... though I do. lol

Souderwan and Sith-Lord-Gunray like this.
  7. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    I'm super proud of you, Frieda! I agree with SLG about everything. Just focus on being consistent and ignore the rest as just chaff. The results will follow as you become healthier. Keep it up! :D

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    3 miles, 25:42 continuing on for 4 miles total.

My boss went to the gym at the exact same time I did.

NTS- seeing your boss naked is weirrrrrrd

9. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
  10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Saturday morning workout! I wanna go out though.

Souderwan likes this.
  11. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Two weeks of 20 minutes' brisk walking every day on the treadmill, and drinking only water (that is, as opposed to tea/coffee/Coke/you name it) during the day.

Checked my blood pressure today, and it came up 138/83 ... which is the closest to normal or at normal it's been for years, against a high back about 12 months ago of about 190/100 or so. Have not dared to check my weight; won't do that for another month or so, but that reading was a big boost.

12. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    That's awesome, man! I haven't checked my blood pressure in a while. I should do that. Probably help me feel better about the plateau I've been on with weight.

13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Ugh to plateaus... the bane of trying to lose weight.

Souderwan likes this.
  14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Saturday work out went well despite the heavy torrential downpour. Now for SJU homecoming![face_party][face_sick]

Souderwan likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I finally got off the plateau I've been on for months; I'm down another five pounds. And I'm really noticing some loose clothes now.

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I like that my pants keep falling down now. Makes me feel fit.

17. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Well, we're 75% done with the year and I'm happy to report that I'm continuing to see improvement. I've been off the treadmill for 3 months and haven't missed it in the slightest. I'll be participating in the Electric Run, my first 5k on the 11th. Looks like I'll probably come in at around 33-35 mins.

Monthly Totals: 60 miles, 9,889 calories burned

Year to date totals: 451 miles, 70,120 calories burned

18. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Getting a cold has ruined my schedule. Had to walk for a few miles today instead of jog/run. Feel like crap. I know you're supposed to stay in and not do stuff when sick but 2 days off is going to throw me off too much and I don't want to deal with that starting up crap again.

19. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    3 miles on the treadmill this morning at 24:46 so I've broken the 25 min mark for the first time.

Also the Internet tells me a 5k is exactly 3.1 miles so I'm going to start timing myself to that on my treadmill runs I guess.

Healer_Leona and Juliet316 like this.
  20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well last Friday's meet went splendidly! Got a seasonal PR of 34:13 which is pretty darn close to my overall PR. I felt like I was racing the whole time too. This is one helluva final CC season!

21. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Ahh, my first "cold" morning of the season, I went to run and it was 55 degrees outside. That reminds me, it's probably time to shop for warmer workout clothes. It's nice to see cool weather for a change. :D

22. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    Okay, I can now officially say I have run a 5K in 24 minutes and 42 seconds.
    Ran 3.1 miles instead of 3 this morning and got the exact same time funny enough.

Souderwan and Juliet316 like this.
  23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    We had to run 10 400's yesterday. Ugh it was just awful. I was under a lot of stress yesterday, so I had trouble doing the workout. Our next meet is on Saturday, and that one is a 4K. Very fast which is something I never look forward to. Oh well, one more time.

Souderwan likes this.
  24. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    My legs hurt just reading that.

25. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Nice and fast kg. My last time was 27:40, three more runs to go. Hopefully some improvement left, I was puffing hard after that one.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk now Free

Souderwan and Healer_Leona like this.