main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY 2013 Light The Night!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by VoxDeamonicus, Apr 3, 2013.

1. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    Yep, it's that time again. Time to wage war on cancer. New team this year. this year, the team will be known as:
    The Louisville Galatic Allience!

and yes, i am aware i spelled both words wrong, but kinda too late to fix it now. My fault, sorry. Anyway, moving right along, here is the link to the team page where you can donate or sign up to walk with me:
    http://pages.lightthenight.org/ky/Louisvil13/TheLouisvilleGalaticAllience

more info:
    http://www.lightthenight.org/ky/

I will be talking to Andrew (the local event organizer) about road block dates after May. I know that is kinda late, but I got to get through finals first. (some many stanging stang papers.) Will update with news as it becomes available to me. Remember, we don't have to do just the road block. talk to the people you work with, get them to donate. talk to local businesses, your church, your boy/girl scout troop. mug somebody.....I have just been informed that i cannot advise people to go out and start mugging people, even if it for charity. But you can do the other stuff!! Don't be worried about how much someone wants to give. don't think, well i won't ask these people, because they may only give a dollar or two. Doesn't matter. Every penny counts. I've got no problem nickel and dimeing at Cancer. I really don't. can only donate a penny? I'll take it. Only got 25 cents to give? Gods bless you for your gift. Every single cent moves us forward, moves us closer.

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Yay! Doesn't matter how you spell it we're behind you (maybe next year we can be the Lou-uh-Vul Galactic Alliance :)). Signed up and made the first donation. Looking at the site it looks like the walk is on a different weekend and in a different place this year?

How much did you raise last year? I don't remember.

3. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Hi there and YAAAAAAY!!!! [face_dancing]The Louisville Galactic Alliance fights cancer!! Peace threw destruction as I always say, and this is an opportunity to wear my Alliance T out on the street. Quite literally! WOOT!

I have to charge my card.. will get that done tomorrow and I'll sign up and donate along with Appo.

Thank you Deamonicus, for everything. [face_love]

By the way, I'm off of facebook for good. I've decided I'm not good facebook material. :confused:PM me here or send me an e-mail, or even better yet.. call me. I love hearing voices. [face_batting]

4. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012

Did I say,"Hearing Voices"? [face_devil] OH NOOOOO! LOL!!

5. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    five out of four voices in my head can't do fractions.

And thank you guys for the donations so far. Mika, I will double check last year's numbers. I think our group did around $800, but i don't remember.

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  7. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    at some point, I'll grit my teeth and go check last year's post of the dark empire boards. I know that one has the totals.

8. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Well, the post above which Mika found has the street totals. And Appo and I donated another 100.00 at the actual event, so that would make it over 900.00 for our little groups total accumulated donations. WOOT!!! Not bad I'd say! :p

9. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    WOOT. also, i will try to get a hold of them this week or next for roadblock dates.

10. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Appo and I just signed up and donated. "PEACE THREW DESTRUCTION"!! :mad:

11. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Vox when are donations due? It looks like we got a little bit of time-- but I know this month and next month will be tough on me. If I can wait to give till June that would be great (give every year, thanks for doing this. Cancer sucks).

12. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    donations can be made year-round. Guys, don't forget, talk up people where ever you work, talk to any businesses you go to often. Every penny counts, so make people give you money.

13. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    here are the dates for available roadblocks:

6/29/13 Shelbyville RD & Hurstbourne LN
    7/27/13 Dutchman’s LN & Breckenridge LN
    8/24/13 Westport & Hurstbourne LN or Hurstbourne LN & Taylorsville RD.
    9/21/13 Westport & Hurstbourne LN

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Cool. We'll see what everyone else thinks but for me...

6/29 working (that's also the weekend of Derby City Comic Con so Dar might be unavailable)
    7/27 Unavailable (I'll be at FrightNightFilmFest)
    8/24 Looks good for me
    9/21 working

15. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    8/24 Looks Good
    9/21 Looks Good

16. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    i'm going to put us down for 8/24, westport & hurst, like last year.

17. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Got it and on the calendar. Thank you Vox for heading this up for everyone. [:D]

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Roger roger Vox :)

19. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    just informed LLS about what day we wanted. Should hear back soon. And again, don't be afraid to talk to people at your place of work, or businesses around you.

20. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    we are set up for 8/24, westport & hurst, 1500-whenever we feel

21. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Say, does Light The Night have posters?

I'm just brainstorming some ideas-- and was just wondering if they did. Or, if they would closer to the Fall?

22. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    usually closer to the fall they have posters. I can try to get ahold of the local office and see if I can maybe get some early. What are you planing?

23. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    1500 works for Appo and I.

24. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I'm planning on putting up any posters that come my way wherever I want to. And on my office door.
    (That I can get away with)

25. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    cool beans. I am waiting on the event coord to get back with me