main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY 2013 Light The Night!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by VoxDeamonicus, Apr 3, 2013.

1. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    Okay, got my team captain kit today. Jammies, I have some posters, if you still want one. I can be by thursday. Mika, I had an idea, well i read an idea. Do you think Comic Book World might let us host some sort of tourney? Magic, X-wing, or something? I know you know the owner, could you maybe talk to him or plant a bug in his ear? If you want, I will pm you my contact info. Any one else have ideas?

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    A tourney fundraiser is a good idea. Honestly I wouldn't use Comic Book World. They don't run tourneys and it's smaller and more of a pick up game place. I would try and hook up with Bluegrass Magic https://www.facebook.com/BluegrassMagic They run tourneys all the time and have the staff to do it and the crowds get very big there, especially for Magic and YuGiOh. They might be willing to volunteer the time/space/staff for charity. You might also see who they deal with...distributors? game companies? and maybe ask the game companies to donate some product to use as tournament prizes.

3. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    cool beans, I will try to contact them sometime soon. thanks for the insight.

4. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Sanp! Sorry Vox-- missed the post.

Yes, interested in posters :)

5. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    k. may try to bring them by tuesday or wednesday. PM me when you might be available

6. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    This just In, I have been reminded that the date for the roadblock is the same date as the JDRF. Not sure If I can move the date. What do you guys want to do?

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I was going to skip JDRF, the roadblock is my priority.

It should be possible to do both if you were inclined. The JDRF usually finishes about noon? and the road block is at 3PM. Should be enough time inbetween if you be antisocial and skip the post JDRF meal.

Could maybe recruit an extra trooper/body or two from the JDRF maybe? Maybe just grab a quick post JDRF bite and save the big sit down meal for after the roadblock?

You're the boss on this though, just let us know.

8. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    After some thinking and talking, we are going to go ahead as scheduled. NO CHANGES ARE BEING MADE!! also, anyone going to JDRF, feel free to kidnap any SW costumers you come across.

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Roger Roger

10. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Roger, Roger. I'm going the JDRF but not in costume. Wearing my 501st shirt... first time I'll get to sport it. Then I'll be over at the road block. This "is" still on for 8/24 at 1500, correcti-muuundooo?

11. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    yeppers. there has been NO changes.

12. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Just a reminder, the roadblock is coming up in two weeks! Aug 24th, westport and Hurstbourne inetersection, 15:00-till it gets dark or we get worn out. Would like to be out there for an hour min, two would be awesome, three or more would be great.

13. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    Also, what would you guys say about doing a yard sale? My parent's neighborhood does a neighborhood wide yard sale in early sept, (I'll get the dates here soon.) You guys could bring stuff over, all profit goes to LLS. I would like a few people to help out. Not sure if I would want to do costumes or not, but we can talk about it.

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    My weekends are already booked up for September (I picked up an extra weekend at work as well) but I think this is a great idea. I just took some stuff to goodwill last week but I'm sure I at least have some nick-knacks, books, DVDs and CDs (if anyone wants em) I could part with if that helps any. Let me know and I'll work out a way to get them to you.

15. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    whatcha got and what are yer prices?

16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Oh I haven't even gotten it together. If Vox decides on a yard sale I'll turn everything over to him and let him set prices. He can probably get more from them for the team than I could get taking them to Half Priced Books.

17. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    haven't thought about prices yet. still trying to find out when the yard sale is.

18. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I'm sorry Vox, we're all booked up too for the next two weeks also. :(

19. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    will you still be able to do the roadblock?

20. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    You betya bucko we'll be there with bells on

21. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    the yard sale is sept 7th. If anyone is able to help me run the yard sale, then we'll do it. If not, that is okay, I understand this is kinda last minute. But to do it, I would need help running things that day, and you would have to show up early, like 06:00 or so to help with setup and be there all day until 17:00 or 18:00.

22. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Weather is looking good for the roadblock this Saturday. I'll be solo this year as the spouse will be working.

23. VoxDeamonicus

Mar 19, 2010
    and then Mika said something about the weather. Now it will either be 200 degrees, or raining so hard, the animals start lining up. Thanks Mika.

24. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    Either way just bring a umbrella boss man, that way your delicate skin won't get wet or burnt.....:D:D:D

Spoiler alert for the Peter Mayhew Banner it's finished.

25. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    D'OH! Sorry