main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY 2014 Book Club Reads And Meeting Dates

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Zannah, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Stang. I leave you all alone for one month....

2. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I know.... ugh. Hides face in shame. :oops:

3. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    so.............................
    2015 Book Club?
    Anyone?
    Anyone?

Don't make me read alone!

4. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    You have my ax! ...er...Kindle! Just guessing I figured our first book of the year would be Tarkin so I went ahead and read it. My schedule at work recently changed so I'm working fewer weekends (yay!) but more nights (boo!) but making it to book club is still a priority for me.

5. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I was thinking Tarkin too.
    Mondays still work for us?

6. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Not sure how to do a poll with the new forum change (the button is there, but non-LGA peeps could vote too, mistakenly thinking it is another internet poll).

Some books for 2015 I was thinking of would be: the 3 new ones-- Tarkin (February's Pick), Rebels: A New Dawn, Luke: Heir to the Jedi; some oldies but goodies: New Rebellion, X-wing: Rouge Squadron, Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor, Han Solo: The Hutt Gambitt; some newer ones from back in the timeline: Old Republic:Reven and Dawn of the Jedi; and from the Prequel era: Cloak of Deception (we haven't read that one have we?), Clone Wars: The Cestus Deception, and Clone Wars: Jedi Trial.

Thoughts?

Monday's still good?

7. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Hmmm...yeah, I didn't think how non LGA peeps might skew the voting.

My thoughts...(I've read most of the selections)
    Rebels:A New Dawn--Good book but unless you're into the show you probably won't find it too interesting.
    Luke:Heir to the Jedi--I'd vote for this. I like the author's other works.
    Shadows of Mindor and the Hutt Gambit are not favorites of mine
    Revan--I really liked because I loved the KOTOR game (and now SWTOR) but unless you played you might not find it too engaging.
    Dawn of the Jedi--Really liked this time period, some good book discussion here I think about the roots of the Jedi. The comics were good too.

Monday is as good for me as any other day given my erratic work schedule.

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Ooooo..."Lords of the Sith" by Paul Kemp comes out at the end of April, I bet that will be right up Zannah and Appo's alley.

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Dark Disciple (Ventress plus Quinlan Vos) by Christine Golden due in July?

10. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    Hey they all sound good to me, mostly because I (we) haven't read that many in our short time in the SW galaxy. Mondays are still good for us and as always we look forward to the company of those who attend for the discussions. Ummm! might sneak out and get the Lords of the Sith for a surprise to the wife.

11. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I wonder if Lucasfilm will continue with "lead-in" novels to the films? Currently, there is not one on the release schedule but they wouldn't announce a book like that this early anyway. If so, that would be a no-brainer for December's pick.