main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

2014 Costume Projects and Wish Lists

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Miana Kenobi, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    New year, new projects!!

I didn't get to check very many off of my list from last year, but here's what I've got on my plate so far this year:

Jack Harness-styled Great Coat

[​IMG]

I'm not making an exact replica, but it will pretty much just be this coat with a slightly more feminine cut. I already have all of the materials, so hopefully it should go quite quickly. Hoping to have this done in 3 weeks for a Doctor Who convention.

Captain Eo

[​IMG]

This costume will be the death of me, I swear it. Goal is to have this done by San Diego Comic-Con for my friend.

Jabe (Doctor Who)

[​IMG]

Enter the 2nd costume that will be the death of me. Mostly just for the insane amount of beading & embroidery. And don't even get me started on the paint and prosthetics...

2. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Ha. Yeah, getting laid off in the summer really put a damper on my costuming plans. However, I've still got plans for this year.

Kira Carsen

[​IMG]

No seriously, I'm almost done with this one. I only have like, three pieces left to finish, and none of them are as insane as what I've already completed.

However much I finish of Padme's Loyalist Committee gown

[​IMG]

The ultimate goal for this one is CVII. So if I don't finish it entirely this year, I'll be okay. But I already have the back brooch done, so there's one time consuming thing done.

TOR Jedi Armor

[​IMG]

Yeeeeeah, lady armor! Still convinced I'm doing this one, even though I definitely need an actual job before I can proceed.

Old Friends Katara

[​IMG]

Yeah, I said I was doing this one last year, but I lied and made a normal A:TLA Katara instead. It's a lot of the same materials, though, so I don't have that much new stuff to buy, and a few things are already ready.

Other side projects include a pink flight suit for my pilot as a part of the Force for the Cure group, probably remaking my orange flight suit while I'm at it, and I'm sure something else will capture my fancy between now and 2015 and I'll pursue that with reckless abandon in spite of other professed costuming goals, haha.

3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Katrara pic is broke. :(

4. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Booooooo, broken pictures. Let's try a new one...

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Well, I didn't get my one goal accomplished last year... didn't even start. But I really didn't think I would. I have, however been sewing simple things (bags, pajama pants) and have recently started on a skirt, so I've been working on my sewing skills.

So I'm going to say again, Mara Jade's Jedi wedding robes:
    [​IMG]

And then I also want to do Degas bronze sculpture Little Dancer. Granted, most of it would be body paint to look like a bronze sculpture rather than sewing, but there is some of that too. Only problem is, I have no clue where I would wear such a thing, I just really want to do it.

[​IMG]

I have a few other ideas, but they are mostly vague in my head at the moment and getting these done would be a very big accomplishment!

6. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Well my main Star Wars goal is Sintas Vel:

[​IMG]

Should be easy because I can dye my hair and buy the clothes. :)

Next, Leia's Endor poncho:

[​IMG]

Mostly I'll be getting ready(hopefully) for Anaheim next year, but also for any local conventions this year and next year. :)

Non-Star Wars: probably Starfire a la anime:

[​IMG]

Any advice is appreciated! :D

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Huzzah! Jacket's done!! (Just need to iron the thing).

[​IMG]

8. Maulested

Maulested Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    Lisa did an amazing job on her Kira Carson! Check out her thread on the Rebel Legion board for more awesome pics! Miana, great Jack-et! I love Torchwood. Very under appreciated show. :) I love the Degas idea! I once had to recreate a painting for a theatrical makeup class and did Botticelli's Birth of Venus. It was hard to recreate the yellow tones and shadows and to get my hair to look like it was blowing in the wind.

I just finished two Victorian outfits, a day dress from the 1850s in navy and white stripes and a dark plum purple silk taffeta bustle dress. The day dress looked okay. There were only a few changes I would make to it. The ball gown was a complete failure. The skirt and separate train looked good, but got stepped on so many times the fastenings got ripped out. Then the bodice didn't close... it was about 2" too small. Luckily I had a black tank top under my corset and just put it over the corset. I don't know what happened to make it too small. I looked terrible and felt worse. I've never failed so hard or so badly! I knew I should have tried it on, but because of budget issues, I couldn't get my fabric until the week before... I tried so hard and worked through the pain of fibromyalgia and carpal tunnel just to fail. And I didn't even have a good time. I fell during the second dance and sprained my ankle and had to sit out the whole rest of the night. I'm questioning everything I know. I feel ridiculous....

9. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Haha, thanks Maulested! I feel like I should actually post that up here now:

[​IMG]

To say I'm super pleased would be an understatement, and it was the perfect costume for the rainy day troop where I debuted it. Now, on to something a hell of a lot less complicated!

10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Son asked me if he could be Legolas for Oz Comic Con, today he posed for photos one week out of the con.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] His 'friend' wanted to be Arwen.....so I did that for her. They are both very happy and ready for the Con next weekend!!

Miana Kenobi likes this.
  11. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Eo is FINISHED!!!! And dear lord you can't even see all the details on this damn thing...

[​IMG]

Commander-DWH likes this.
  13. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Having seen the details up close and personal, DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN THIS IS AMAZING.

14. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    It's been a long time since I've been on the forums, but I made old Obi-Wan for my dad to wear for Halloween.

[​IMG]

And I ended up wearing the green robe I made back in 2004. I've been wanting to remake it ever since I saw RotS and saw how it wasn't very accurate, but I only had hyperspace to go off of the time. Maybe I'll get the chance to make it more screen accurate in the future. Oh, and being pregnant, I had nothing else that would fit. :) My dad made the leather belt and the cloak was purchased somewhere. (Excuse the poor quality of the photo)

[​IMG]

I'm not due until the 30th, so I expect I'll be more productive next year making my little girl lots of costumes! :D