main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena FIA Formula 1 Racing

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 31, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Great run for Mercedes today, much happier to see LH win than Rosberg again. Excellent results for Williams, another hard luck day for Ricciardo.

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Been given a 10 place grid penalty for next week as well, so I hear

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Joyous. Bahrain is a night race, so US EST coverage will not be overnight, hopefully can catch the race live. Looks like Mercedes is doing well in practice so far.

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Red Bull were suffering more in the heat but under lights they came alive. Ricciardo did a stellar job as he has done all season. The guy will win a race this year I think.

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Beautiful, action-packed race. Lewis and Rosberg, another one-two; tense racing and fighting after Lewis' 13s lead destroyed by safety car, and Nico right behind him on faster tyres.

Well done, Perez. First Force India podium that I knew off, but apparently their second. MacLaren let you down with a **** car, but you are on the podium again.

Great drives, Hulkenberg, Ricciardo, Vettel; Chilton in 13th, nice job mate.

I watched from lap 18, and thought the cars were running slow, but could see no safety car icons; and then a great race of fighting. Great to see both Mercedes drivers play-fighting in the pre-podium room.

E X C E L L E N T.

Frankly, I did not miss the sound.

6. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Phew, good stuff wasn't it! =D=

[face_shame_on_you] @ Maldonado

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Ahhh, Paydriver Malretardo. Total imbecile, and why I threw out my Lotus F1 shirt.

Great race. Just great. Sure, Mercedes were dominant but the post-safety car battle between the two was great. Ricciardo making us (Australia) proud and how good was hearing "Sebastian, let Daniel through. He is faster than you"?

8. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Vettel let him through without any question too, almost makes me feel bad for all the crap he was getting last year.

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Well they were on different strategies at that stage. He didnt make it easy after the safety car.

Good too see Malretardo is saying the collision wasn't his fault. Again.

10. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
  11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    This is what the shorn ape from Venezuela had to say.

“We will need to have a look again at what happened as Esteban seemed to be off his line coming into turn one – maybe he missed his braking point, I don’t know – and by then I was in the corner with nowhere to go. For sure it’s difficult to understand and I was coming out from the pits and with cold tyres. I think he was very unlucky and it’s good he jumped straight out of the car.”

Dear Paydriver Malretardo

What happened was, you were and always are a massive **** and I think the sport would be better if you were sucked into the engines of a giant passenger jet.

12. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Yeah, Maldonado was clearly out of control when he left the pit's. How he can try and blame the other driver, who was minding his own business and then got thrown into the air...

Ideally this guy should have his racing licence revoked until he's had some driving lessons.

What was great to see, was even after their terrific ding dong, Hamilton and Rosberg came out of their cars all smiles and still friends. I do wonder if that can last the season, mind. ;)

13. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I'm not sure I will be able to bear Hamilton's inevitable annoying smug face if Mercedes keep this up.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Its better than Seb winning everything, though.

15. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    For now, this is true

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Seb doesn't insist on showing off his newly paid for hair transplant do.

heels1785 likes this.
  17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Presumably, you can only cope with Kimi winning then, because everyone else reaching the top step, is going to be looking pretty chuffed.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Nah, there's two insufferable bastards when they win - Hammertime, and Vettel. The rest we can deal with.

19. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Good news for the sport in North America. Though I wonder if two aspiring NASCAR drives could be given F1 drives next year - contest between Bud Skipson, Dale Budson or Skip Daleson.

21. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    More than anything, I think it's potentially good news for F1 if an owner with significant financial strength joins the field.

And, of course, I look forward to NASCAR drivers negotiating right turns by making three lefts.

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
  23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Surprised it took six hours, really.

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2014/4/15740.html

This, from Formula 1, recapping Friday practise:

Lotus
    Romain Grosjean, 1m 42.090s, P12/1m 39.537s, P9
    Pastor Maldonado, 1m 43.731s, P16/1m 40.455s, P18
    Grosjean boosted Lotus with a decent run in the afternoon as he experimented with new parts and engine settings, and said there is more to come. Maldonado made a silly mistake and crashed entering the pits in FP2

25. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Good qualifying for RB, Ricciardo second ahead of Vettel.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk