main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena FIA Formula 1 Racing

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 31, 2013.

1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    If that can be proven, then FIA need to step in and ban him

2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    "If" it can be proven? He admitted to it. What more do you need to prove it?

The more I get into and learn about Formula 1, the more I hate Rosberg.

EDIT: Wait, I see now that It's just Hamilton's claim that he admitted. Still, that's pretty damaging to Rosberg.

3. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Yes, at the moment it's just Hamilton's claim, however you can bet the media will be asking Toto and Niki for confirmation.

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Read the article again.

It clearly reads, Rosberg has yet to react to Hamilton's claims but a Mercedes spokesman confirmed Hamilton had accurately represented what the German had said.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

Smug, smirking POS in the postrace. I hope he doesn't get away with this.

6. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Yeah, I just read that.

Looks like Merc have no intention of covering for Rosberg, so it's over to the FIA to see what they are going to do as this is obviously getting very serious now.

7. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Yeah, I was being lazy and just reading the summary posted here. :p Now that I read the article, I see that. So I was right the first time that the case is essentially already proven.

I hope the FIA hits Rosberg with a nice big banhammer.

halibut likes this.
  8. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    It was an incredibly stupid thing to do (the accident I mean) because on another day Hamilton would have gotten away with it and Rosberg would have ruined his race.

The FIA must take a hard line with people deliberately driving cars into other people. I would strip Rosberg of his points in this race and possibly exclude him from the Italian Grand Prix. I don't expect the FIA will go that far though. Possibly they will demote Rosberg to around 5th/6th and maybe impose a time penalty for qualifying at Monza. something like that.

9. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Deliberately hitting another driver is the worst offence a driver can do. It's criminal.

Grosjean got a race ban just two years ago at this track for "triggering a crash" - I don't believe that was deliberate

Last driver ban before that was Schumacher in 1994 - that was a 2 race ban.

Hakkinen got a race ban for causing a crash.

None of these involved deliberately targetting and hitting another driver. This offence, to me, is much more serious.

And there was the Renault incident involving Piquet deliberately crashing to get out the safety car. Lots of bans given out but subsequently overturned. But in that case no other driver was put at risk.

G-FETT likes this.
  10. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Schumacher was thrown out of of the entire 1997 world championship after his crash will Villeneuve at Jerez, though that was pretty pointless given the championship was over at that point, but the precedent still stands.

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I will happily boo this Teutonic twit in Singapore.

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
  13. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
  14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah now claiming Nico was actually meaning that he wouldn't back down.

Whatever. BOOOOOOOOOO.

Also, I am so happy for Williams this year. Bottas is killing it it for that team.

15. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    The point Nico was probably making, was that he is Untouchable as far as the FIA is concerned. All the penalties he's dodged?

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    No, I think the point was after Hungary, he's not going to play nice on a team front.

I love how Vettel didn't care too much about being booed, and Rosberg was about to cry.

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Rosberg wrecked half of my fantasy team this week, too. Bastard.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah same. I wish I'd kept Ricciardo.

19. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Hamilton on pole at Monza - Wonder how Rosberg will fine a way of pushing him off the track this time? [face_laugh]

In other matters, I think Ron Dennis is treating Jenson VERY shabbily.[face_shame_on_you]

Not sure why Jenson is being made to "carry the can" because McLaren have been unable to build a Championship winning car since 1998 (they got lucky in 1999 and 2008)? But it's not on.[face_beatup]

Heavy Isotope likes this.
  20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    SUCK IT ROSBERG, YOU BIG STUPID GERMAN TIT WITH YOUR RIDICULOUS EARS AND QUESTIONABLE TALENT

heels1785 likes this.
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Mercedes 1-2, Williams 3-4, RB 5-6

Bottas. I am enamored by the way this kid drives. Awesome.

22. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Good stuff.

Makes you wonder just what went on behind the scene's at Mercedes because Rosberg has looked out of sorts all weekend.

Looks like it's still "game on" for the Championship going into the world tour.

23. Piltdown

Piltdown Jedi Master star 5

May 3, 2002

"You'll take a fall on lap 29 - or else."

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah I don't buy conspiracy theories in Formula 1. I know it's fun to have them but the respective businesses behind the teams aren't interested in silly games. Rosberg locked up on a tight turn (turn 1). That's all it is.

25. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    How big a jerk do you have to be that people root for Lewis Hamilton over you?