main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC 2014 Fitness Goals

Discussion in 'Community' started by Souderwan, Dec 31, 2013.

1. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002

Very Sexy, good for you!!!!!!! :)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Im on the DL for awhile but I have ever intention of making my open ocean pier to pier swim the July in Newport Beach CA.

Anyone else in OC/LA if you are a really good (Or have been at one time) swimmer. In other words a completive swimmer for at least

several years and want to try something way different let me know and I will give you the details of the Pier swim.

Goggles only, no wetsuits of any kind and our water is about 60 in early July maybe 63, that saps lots of folks.

3. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Had to pop in here and announce that I just did a 4 min plank! Woot!!

(Also. OUCH!!)

Juliet316 and Jedi_Matt like this.
  4. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Started doing a nice little circuit to get back into things. 3 lots of the following with a minute break between.

1. 10x Bicep Curls w/ 16kg Kettlebell
    2. 10x Squats w/ 16kg Kettlebell
    3. 10x Walkout Push-ups
    4. 10x Upright Row w/ 16kg Kettlebell
    5. 20x Side Plank Raises (each side)
    I have interchanged 3 with 10x standard push-ups, as well as 10x push-ups with arm extension & twist.
    I've also interchanged 5 with a standard plank for 30 seconds.
    Each set takes 5 minutes, so in a nice 20 minutes I can destroy myself, great [face_party] !

Souderwan and Juliet316 like this.
  5. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I am disappointed to say that I've abandoned Xbox Fitness since my last work out. I was making some progress, but being perpetually exhausted between kids and work and marital issues have drained me of willpower to continue. I keep telling myself that I'll just resort to my old college diet (cereal/grains/fruits/veggies for breakfast and dinner, protein for lunch). But I can't even stick to that, as I find myself making rich dishes because food has become one of the very few pleasures I have in a very stressful life.

Anyway, once I figure out how to regain control over my willpower, I should hopefully be able to commit to a diet if not regular exercise at the very least. Any (productive) suggestions are welcome.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The cold snap here is officially over! The snow is melting and everything!![face_dancing]

Souderwan and Coruscant like this.
  7. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    How about doing the healthy eating with a work buddy? That would potentially breed a healthy competition?

How about not giving in to exhaustion?

You're not at war dodging bullets, so life could be worse.

You have kids, some people don't have that joy.

You have a job, lucky you!

Still feeling sorry for yourself?

In terms of food and diets, the Rock gives himself a day of indulgence every two weeks and he eats and does whatever the hell he wants on that day. Do the same and remind yourself of that when you are eating your rabbit food ;-)

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not familiar with X-Box Fitness but I might try something less intense or time-consuming. I haven't done all the cycling/yoga/etc. that I set out to do because due to similar stressors, I've needed to concentrate on one thing at a time, which for me is running (which is a fantastic anxiety reducer, FWIW).

As far as food, maybe smaller portions of what you want or on designated days.

9. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Today I did burpees for the first time in my life. Holy ****, that sucks.

10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Ran outside today. Felt really great even though the footing was absolutely dreadful. Ankle deep snow is not fun, but it's certainly better than running on pure ice. I had both of those options on my path today.

11. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    I know of almost nothing worse than burpees

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Admiral Volshe and Darth Morella like this.
  12. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    Yeah, I don't think I'll be doing more burpees anytime soon.

13. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    lol. They get better with practice. Especially if you mix them up with other exercises.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I ran in mud last night for part of the way because the greenway got flooded.

But anything is better than running on pure ice. Except maybe the indoor track.

15. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    [​IMG] Yeah, but srsly, maybe they'll get better. Maybe.

Jedi_Matt and Souderwan like this.
  16. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Hey guys! I actually lost just about 4 pounds more....Unfortunately it's been because I am sick. Again.
    This time it's been dizzy spells and palpitations with a stomach bug on the side. Some lovely stuff resulting in about 7 ER visits to date. I'm still going to check in here, because I like to see all of the awesome progress being made! I just don't know when I will be back in action. I hope it will be soon. I'm itching for a workout.

Souderwan You are kicking some serious ass with those planks! My core hurts just thinking about doing them that long!

And burpees suck big time. They're even worse when your hip dislocates during them. :p

Keep up all the fabulous work everyone!!!! Keep on running anakinfansince1983 and I Are The Internets !

17. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Dude. Sorry to hear about your medical problems! I hope you pull through soon. I hate being sidelined by injury! I count myself extraordinarily lucky that I've not been put out of commission in the last two years. *knocks on wood*

Feel better soon!

(Oh. And 4.5 min plank tonight. I'm skeptical I'll make it in one go. I barely made the 4 last night...)

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Hope you're starting to feel better Raven!

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  19. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    I totally did it! I did it! 4.5 min!! Tomorrow is the last night of the challenge. 5 mins. Hope I can do it.

Jedi_Matt likes this.
  20. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Ok! I did it!! I did a 5 min plank. I still can't believe it. I'll check that off my bucket list.

I'm gonna go ice my abs now.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I went back to doing planks tonight after bailing a couple of weeks ago. Did two one-minute ones after my run; I'm at least going to try to keep doing them (and adding time) on the days that I run.

I can't wrap my brain around five minutes right now; that's awesome.

22. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Update on me: I'm noticing that my fitness level is continuing to get better. I can do more while riding a horse now and that makes me happy. I haven't been on a scale but my pants are too big and I feel like my face is thinner which is weird. I also think my arms are more muscled than they used to be which is also exciting. It is frustrating because where I want to lose weight is now where I am losing weight but I guess I just need patience.

23. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Unfortunately that is how it works. I have love handles still and I am trying to thin down my backside....but of course I put it on there first, so it's going to come off last. It might start to slowly melt off before you get to that point, which is great! I've only heard tales of that though, LOL.
    I also lost more weight from the areas I deemed perfect before my hips/back started to budge, so it might happen that way too...

The good news is that it will not stay forever. It definitely is one of the reasons people get frustrated with (and unfortunately quit) their plans, but the results you want can sometimes just take extra time. Keep up the hard work. You will get there! You already have some fabulous NSVs! :D

Souderwan and s65horsey like this.
  24. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Sorry I've been absent these last few days. We're in the middle of big inspection at work and won't get back to normal hours until the end of next week. I've had to shift to working out at 0530 every morning. I'm beginning to really miss sleep!

On the upside, I've managed to keep the running/cardio schedule going. On the downside, I haven't gotten in my workout plan. :(

Admiral Volshe and Jedi_Matt like this.
  25. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Hey man, don't be too hard on yourself, well done for still doing something at 5:30, hardcore!