main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC 2014 Fitness Goals

Discussion in 'Community' started by Souderwan, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm trying to get back on the good eating/losing weight train. Mostly because now I know that I've got 5 months until my high school reunion and while I'm already weighing less than I was when I started high school, I want to look damn good.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I have dropped 5 lbs. in the last two weeks, but that's more than likely stress related.

3. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008

Yeah, I have a regimen I actually do at home, I'm mostly just worried about cardio. May turn to jump rope.

Souderwan likes this.
  4. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    5-7 is a good time. I'll give that a go. Maybe with some extra coffee I'll have the energy.

Souderwan and Darth Morella like this.
  5. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Jump rope is really good cardio, but it can get boring after a while. If you do it try and mix it in between your strength routine so you aren't doing just a ton of jump rope.

Cardio Kickboxing is really great as well, if you haven't tried it I recommend it.

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Why not bike on a real bike?

OdRevus likes this.
  7. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008

I don't own one, and certainly don't have enough room in my tiny NYC apartment for one.

8. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    How about cross training at the gym? Is that low-impact enough for your knee? And you've got my favourite, the rowing machines!

Rowing + Bike + Cross trainer = Pretty good cardio mix.

I lost another pound this week, down to 15 st 1 lb, I'm so stoked as I've ate appallingly this week... as it was Mother's Day on Sunday I cooked a huge brunch for my parents, Aunt and Nan... sausage, bacon, egg, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, bread and butter, black pudding...

Followed up by red velvet cake :D

Unsurprisingly, I couldn't eat all of my Sunday lunch lol.

Juliet316 and Kiki-Gonn like this.
  9. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Ran 4.16 with my son in the stroller after walking for half a bloody hour to get him sleepy enough.
    Then I had to (emphasis on the compulsory nature) walk another half hour to get back to the car and a blessed Starbucks.

Jedi_Matt, Juliet316 and Souderwan like this.
  10. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Bravo, Jedi_Matt! Way to go!

Really, all of you are doing great!

I had a good month last month. Not anything record-shattering or anything, but I did get 73 km in, which made me pretty happy. I started a pushup and situp challenge for this month, along with doing 2 min planks every day. Two days down, 29 to go! :p

Jedi_Matt and Juliet316 like this.
  11. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Wtg! It's so much better to do something rather than nothing. Better to do a little often than go balls-out for one day a week or whatever.

I made a mistake of signing up for a 10 km run in June, it's one of those that I need to get done to cross it off the list (Warwick Castle to Kenilworth Castle).

I haven't done any cardio for months, so at least I have a clean slate to start from I guess [face_nail_biting]

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Fantastic four-mile run on the greenway this morning, weather was perfect.

Good luck on the 10K, Jedi_Matt . :)

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Ugh I haven't been enjoying running as of late. I have no idea why though. Any thoughts guys?

14. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    I had to read that twice, as I thought you were talking about The Fantastic Four for a second there. :p

I Are The Internets, I sometimes go through periods like that. The only way past it, I've found, is to slow down and run on really pretty days. It helps me, anyway.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, that's what I do as well. I went through a "I'm really, really over running" phase not too long ago myself.

I also had to remember that I feel so much better in general when I do run, than when I don't.

16. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    Castle to castle? Damn that sounds awesome. Nothing like that here.

17. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Hey Kiki-Gonn, the website can be found here and there is even a video of the run available - http://www.twocastlesrun.org.uk/

I think a few thousand take part each year and registration was full within a day, hugely popular and quite local so it's one of those bucket list things :).

I are the Internets - change your routine a bit, or find a new aim. I lose focus when I have nothing to aim for. Souderwan's option is the complete opposite but is just as valid, running doesn't have to be about meeting a goal, you just can, so why not enjoy it by going slower and enjoy your surroundings now that spring is here.

Thank you for your support Anakinfan :-D

Souderwan likes this.
  18. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Man! That looks like a ton of fun! Good luck, Jedi_Matt!

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I might do that then.

20. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    8.1 mile run, 9:40 pace.
    I'm going to be sore but I had the day to myself, needed to get in a longer run than the start stop ones I have with my son.

21. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Just completed my first spin class today, 20 miles. Whew. Not a leisurely ride.

Jedi_Matt, Kiki-Gonn and Souderwan like this.
  22. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    4.1 mile run yesterday with my son in the stroller.
    I'm going to see if I can squeeze in a run tomorrow for a rare 3 run week.

Souderwan likes this.
  23. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    You guys have been awesome this year, while I've been a slacker. However, I bit the bullet and joined a gym yesterday. I didn't have to sign a contract due to their promotion, but I did so there would be financial penalties to quit.

Souderwan, Jedi_Matt and s65horsey like this.
  24. Kiki-Gonn

Feb 26, 2001
    I did a repeat of Wednesday's run...
    4.1 miles with my son in the stroller, last 2 miles all uphill (although very slightly, not that it feels slight to me).

This waiting on the new job to start period is really letting me enjoy running outdoors, something I used to never get to do.

Juliet316, Souderwan and Jedi_Matt like this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I usually run three times a week, but I don't always go a full four miles.

I did today though. Aside from the damn pollen, it's been a great week for greenway runs.

I'm on vacation this week so I may try to squeeze in some extra workouts.

Juliet316 and Souderwan like this.