main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC 2014 Fitness Goals

Discussion in 'Community' started by Souderwan, Dec 31, 2013.

1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Very blustery run today, but I still got it in.

2. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    9 miles on the dot. 9:48/mile avg.

That's one of my last big runs before I start my new job next week. Going to miss all this free time in the middle of the day with great weather.

3. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I managed to lose 3 lbs since the last time I posted here. Been running a bit more since the weather became nicer (except this past couple of days when we had another storm and cold front). Gonna start with some leg strength workout, that will help me improve running form and decrease risk of injury. Hopefully I'll be able to drop another 3 lbs by next month.

4. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Sorry I haven't been checking in as much. I've been pretty busy at work. This month, I've been doing a pushup and situp challenge. I started at 34 pushups and 20 situps. Now I'm up to 46 pushups and 75 situps. From here on out, it gets hard. :p

As for cardio, I'm running every other day or so on the treadmill. The weather was just turning nice and I was looking forward to some outdoor running. Alas, we're back to crappy weather again. *sigh*

5. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Didn't run today. Oops.

6. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Update: I have located the fitness room in my apartment building.

7. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I am horrible at remembering this thread :(

I challanged myself to a little running streak. I have run at least one mile every day since March 30th. Most days the weather has cooperated nicely. I've been running my 7 month old son in the jogger many evenings after work. Last night we did 6 miles together. That's our furthest distance so far. It is not easy to push a jogger for those who never have. The first time out my final mile was over 11 minutes. Gearing up for two half marathons one on April 27th and one on May 4th. I'm also still cross training with Jillian Micheals most mornings I either do Ripped in 30 or a Kickbox session. No real weight loss to report. Trying, trying, trying to eat healthier. Up to 3 fruits most days and 3 veggies, but I am still hungry for other stuff. Mostly chocolate "nutrition" bars. I wish I could give those up [face_sigh]

s65horsey and Juliet316 like this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My breakfast at work every day is Greek yogurt and a Luna bar. Portable and somewhat filling.

I'm pretty good about eating vegetables but the only fruits I like are blueberries and strawberries so I don't do so well there. Fortunately both are coming in season. There are maybe five good things about summer, and North Carolina blueberries are one of them.

Anyone in warm climates do races during the summer? I'm doing a 5K in three weeks and I'm scheduled to do another one in September (maybe two) but haven't signed up for anything this summer as of yet.

9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I found a Greek Yogurt I really liked, then I started getting stomach cramps and realized yogurt and I do not get along. I would like to learn to get along on less calories, it's never worked out before though.

As for racing in the summer. I do it every summer. I've even done half marathon's and 20k's in August. It can be very hot and miserable. I once did a twilight 8k in July on a day it was over 100. Miserable. Usually though they aren't that bad. Just pour the water they have at the aid stations over your head ;)

10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well I raked leaves today for 4 hours! That counts for fitness right?

11. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Every time I get back into the swing I get another flu. Legit flus. I didn't know it was possible to get so many in such a short span.

12. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Learned an important lesson today: learn what a cardio machines does before you step on and choose a program. And don't arbitrarily choose a program called "strength". Holy calf burn, batman.

Doing well since joining the gym. Missed two of ten days so far. One due to lazy, one due to work event lasted to late, couldn't get to gym on time.

Jedi_Matt, s65horsey and Runjedirun like this.
  13. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I stuffed my face with Cadbury Eggs today, so that probably set me back 2 lbs [face_blush]

Jedi_Matt and s65horsey like this.
  14. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    ugh really having trouble motivating myself. what do you guys use as motivators?

15. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  16. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Getting my clothes to fit.
    YUM!

Short 3 miler yesterday, same today most likely. 13 tomorrow I hope.

Jedi_Matt and Juliet316 like this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That sucks. :( Hope it stops soon.

DarthWilliams : Staying the same size/wearing smaller clothes. A well-toned body. How fantastic I feel after each run. Plus I have anxiety issues and running helps minimize them a lot.

I've been terrible about doing the yoga I swore I would get back into; I can't seem to time taking a class around my schedule and my kids' schedules. I've got two Rokus in my house now and was looking at subscribing to Gaiam TV; ten bucks a month for access to something like 250 yoga videos.

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Steroids

19. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Wanting to be healthy
    Friends
    Losing enough weight so I can ride a pony again and not feel like a fatty

I'm down some more pounds. I also have come down with a cold/flu idk I have a fever and it won't go away so I have not worked out for the past two days.

Jedi_Matt likes this.
  20. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Money.

It motivates me to go so that the money I spend on a gym membership isn't wasted.

Also, if I don't go a minimum number of times in a month, I forfeit my soccer bar money

21. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I think everyone has different reasons for exercising and whatnot, but for me personally when I wasn't off the wagon it was because I literally just enjoyed the process. It was very therapeutic, and I think if you can try and make yourself see it that way you'll care less about why you're doing it and just do it of your own will without question. I was attempting to gain and not lose, which worked out only when I stopped focusing on having to gain anything. Just remind yourself that if you do it right, what you're eating *will* make you feel better, and consistent exercise will as well. Also don't do the super strict diets because that makes it impossible for you to enjoy the process of what you're doing. It has to become part of your lifestyle, not a temporary change. I guess I just tell all that to myself every time I have doubts.

22. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I have love/hate relationship with running over 10 miles. I did 13.1 yesterday in preparation for a half marathon I am doing next week and today I weigh over 2 pounds more than I did yesterday. Weight fluctuates I know it's not a big deal, but I overeat when I run that far and it frustrates the heck out of me. I almost always get a headache in the afternoon and eating tends to help. What am I supposed to do???

Anyway the run was awesome and I'm psyched for my 1/2 coming up.

BOSTON STRONG.

Jedi_Matt and Juliet316 like this.
  23. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Ooh - Updates...

Weigh-in - still 15 st 1 lb, at least I didn't gain...

Last Monday I went for my first run in a while, only for half an hour or so but still - I've been out for a while so it's a start!

Then on Wednesday I played touch rugby, an hour and a half training session where most of it was spent playing. I was absolutely knackered afterwards! Felt like I'd ran a marathon or something so that will definitely help my fitness out.

Juliet316 and Runjedirun like this.
  24. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I lost 5 pounds during the past week. Don't know if I should be concerned or not.

25. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I did 2 miles with my son in the jogging stroller yesterday. Trying to take it easy this week for the half I'm running on Sunday.

I also watched them run Boston yesterday. ^:)^ Rita Jeptoo (just look at the quote in my signature). And Meb wasn't half bad either ;) I want to go back to Boston again so badly now. I only got there once back in '11. I won't be running a marathon until Nov. Even if I qualify in Nov I won't be able to run unilt April of '16 because 2015 will sell out before Nov. But that's okay it gives me something to train for.

Juliet316 and Jedi_Matt like this.