main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC 2014 Fitness Goals

Discussion in 'Community' started by Souderwan, Dec 31, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Titles? I'm just using a DVD I have from Gaiam right now since my favorite instructor at the Y quit. :(

2. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I can't wait to take a deep breath tomorrow morning when it is a balmy minus 30 degrees outside.

3. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Signing up for the Color Run with my co-workers tomorrow. STOKED.

4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Christine Felstead's Yoga for Runners: The Essentials [DVD]

I also have her intermediate one, but only tried it once, was too long and advanced. This one is great because it's cut into 10 and 15 minute segments, much more workable with kids ;)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    After being sick last week I'm doing much better. Did a 30 min workout at home and went to the gym for a hour yesterday. I could barely get out of bed this morning. Today, went to the gym and will relax the rest of the day.

Since tomorrow is going to be frigid, my plan is work only and then workout at home. I have to say, after almost a week of being lazy (at least that's how I felt), it feels good to be working out again.

6. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Debating whether to do a video workout at home or go outside and brave the windy weather. At least it's not raining. Hmm.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It's 41 degrees and wet here, nothing like what you all are dealing with in the North, but I'm about to go for a run and I'm having an "oh hell" moment.

At least the greenway should be fairly empty.

8. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I am going to Zumba this year. I am moving and where I'm going my friends are big into Zumba so I am going to join them. I will let you all know how it goes!

9. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    Turns out it wasn't so bad outside, so my first run of the year went pretty good.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Wasn't bad here either, I just had to dodge mud, puddles, and mud puddles.

Souderwan and Healer_Leona like this.
  11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Picked up a bug at the start of the year, delaying initial traction. Feeling good today, though. Got in a session on the elliptical this morning.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  12. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Today was much better than last Sunday here. It was a few degrees colder today, but light rain beats driving rain any day. Going to be cold tomorrow. This week is going to be a challenge first week in a while we work 5 days, kids are in daycare/school for 5 days and the cold.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I ran for 50 minutes on the treadmill today. 6 miles. Ouch.

14. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I had to resort to a treadmill yesterday to get my 2nd 5 km in for the year. I was in Michigan for a wedding (Seriously! Who the hell gets married in Michigan in January?? So much cold and snow!!!) so running outside was hardly an option. I definitely don't "enjoy" running on a treadmill, but I did it. A minimum of 9 more to go for the month!

15. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    On my third attempt I have yet to locate the gym that is supposedly in my building. Getting a lot of exercise walking up and down the stairs in my search though.

16. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    The problem with treadmills, for me anyway, is that I suffer massive vertigo when I get off the damn things. If I ran on a treadmill for 50 minutes I would need a wheelchair and a vomit bag at the end of the experience. I just stick to the cross trainers and the rowing machines if I want to get my cardio on.

17. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I love treadmills. Perfect way to space out and meditate without having to worry about running into anything. Also the indoors and knowing you won't get raped or mugged on the street...it's comforting.

AaylaSecurOWNED likes this.
  18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    How do you occupy yourself? There's no new visual stimuli, and you aren't actually going anywhere, so that always destroys any motivation I have to keep running.

19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Usually people listen to music to occupy their minds. You can make yourself a Christmas mix.

20. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005

I'm sorry that you this is a part of your calculus. I wish we lived in a less ****ty world where you could feel safe while working out. And it's not like you don't get ogled and hit on at the gym, either. On the upside, I'm glad you can enjoy your treadmill runs.

Many of the gym treadmills have TVs built in or are nearby so you can distract yourself with sportscenter, cable news, or maybe your favorite sitcom. Otherwise, like Evan said, music is great.

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  21. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    The Rec center on campus has the treadmills facing the TV alright, but they have the Food Newtork on. That is evil, I tell you. Evil.

22. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Haha. Indeed!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

23. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    With a treadmill you don't have to worry about breaking an ankle on a pothole or tripping on a sidewalk or getting run over. All the things that make running fun. And that is just in the summer.

24. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Music yeah, also I think too many people don't know how to just spend quiet time just thinking for a while. It's helpful.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Think I'm just going to do 3 miles on the treadmill today.