main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY 2014 North Ridge Elections - Detail Thread

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BobaChris12, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Please read carefully as this contains the details of the election process and important dates.

All members are eligible to nominate an individual, but to hold the office and vote, you must be Active (paid membership dues).

Nominations
    The nomination period is open as of writing this thread and will remain open until Saturday December 7. If you are nominated, you will need to accept or decline your nomination by Sunday December 8 at 10pm. Nominations do not need a 2nd. Once a member has been nominated, they do not need additional nominations. Please keep close eye to those who have possibly been nominated and have declined their nomination.

Nomination Link - http://boards.theforce.net/threads/2014-nomination-thread.50016814/

Voting
    Voting will begin at 12:01am on Monday December 9 and close at 11:59pm on Saturday December 14. Any votes received after the deadline will not be counted. Votes can be cast by emailing me your vote (bobachris12@yahoo.com). The results will be announced the following day at the Holiday Party and posted to the forums shortly after.

Open Positions

Diplomats
    We are currently nominating for 3 Diplomat positions. While this year we had 5 people serve as Diplomats, it was due to a tie in voting and an Executive Decision by the President and VP. Some Diplomats feel it would be best to go back to 3 and Dan & I agree. Several Diplomats have offered to serve again if nominated.

The Diplomats serve to tend to sensitive issues or are called upon by the President & VP to help solve club issues that need more attention. They are the group's checks & balances.

Secretary
    Anna has offered to stay as Secretary. Unless someone opposes, she will retain the position.

2. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Could you post the relevant portion of the bylaws defining our officers, their duties and their terms of office?

As a former treasurer, I recall being in the position of "treasure for life" as no one else wanted it and there was no limit on term of service; I got out of it eventually by leaving the organization. While I appreciate Anna's offer, it doesn't seem fair -- officers should be elected for a specific term. This forces others to step up and share the burden of running an organization.

3. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Diplomats serve one year terms per our By Laws. They can retain their position with a simple group vote, or an election can be held at the request of the membership.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.