main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics

Discussion in 'Community' started by s65horsey, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    W00t! :D Congratulations to Nasta Kuzmina who added another golden medal in 7.5 km biathlon to the one from Vancouver. =D= =D= =D=

GO SLOVAKIA!!!!! :D

thebadge, Everton and Pensivia like this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Watching Men's Luge at the moment. I did see earlier that GB got on the medals table with a bronze.

Pensivia likes this.
  3. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Watching figure skating. Don't get it. Canada and USA with one mistake each and yet USA gets 7 points more. Ok.

4. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I ignore the scores and medal count and just enjoy the show

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I think figure skating is like diving wherein there are weird technical points or something. Not worth worrying about.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Ashley Wagner is drop dead gorgeous. Her figure skating was wonderful.

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Biathlon was fun to watch. Didn't care for it one way or the other in the past but it sure was fun today.

Pensivia likes this.
  8. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Was that the one where the first few finishers collapsed at the end?

9. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Watching Men's Free Skate. Wondering at the standings. Haven't seen them all day. About to look them up.

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So do people prefer the Summer Olympics or the Winter Olympics? Winter for me until the Summer Olympics in Rio roll around I wager.

Pensivia likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I prefer Summer Olympics because men in Speedos swimming competitions.

But I enjoy the Winter Olympics as well. I've got the snowboarding competition going in the background now.

Force Smuggler and Pensivia like this.
  12. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    If I had to choose, it'd be Winter for me...maybe because those are my earliest Olympic memories? But Summer's great as well!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  13. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Yes, Virginia, it is possible to dance Swan Lake in another form besides ballet. Bravi to the Russian ice dancers. =D=

14. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Well, disappointment for Bode Miller in the downhill. But yay for Austria after their skiing disappointments in 2010!

Yeah...her arched position on that one lift was amazing!

[​IMG]

15. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I'm so proud that the biggest impact one of my country's athletes has made at the Olympics so far is trying to hook up with other athletes on Tinder. We should probably stick to rugby... :oops:

16. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Torvill and Dean won the gold in 1980
    - I liked Torvill/Dean and winning gold to Bolero was cool but you need to back up a full decade.

In 1994 Ekaterina Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov won the GOLD easily for the 2nd time, they also won 4 world titles and tragically Sergei died on
    the practice ice of a massive heart attack only one year after gold #2 he died in her arms they were married and have a little daughter.

Almost anyone associated with figure skating consider them the greatest pair ever just youtube the 1994 Long Program they were 20 years ahead
    of anyone else, they missed in 1992 to have a baby and were going to retire but they came back and won that 2nd Olympic gold.

BTW she is a stunning woman even almost 20 years later she is gorgeous.

As predicted early in this thread the Japanese, Russians, South Koreans and Italians will be fighting for the 3 ladies medals.

Japan paid dearly for leaving Miki Ando at home because she had a baby out of wedlock, she looked awesome at the Japanese Olympic Trials
    in December skating fast, clean and her jumps (all triples were straight and high)

This year will be just close and the quality of skating the best ever Yu Na-Kim vs Yulia Lipnitskaia (who is only 15) and Mao Asada is pretty crazy.

Applause for both American Ladies they skated clean and with passion, neither simply has the talent of Sasja Cohen, Michelle Kwan, Tara Lipinski

Ok so I went overboard.

The downhill was awesome fast, fast, fast I was pulling for Bodie Miller but if an Austrian wins thats cool its the national sport.

My Germany with no medals………..we lead easily all time in the winter games with 339 but still c'mon guys

Pensivia likes this.
  17. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002
    [​IMG]

Did you miss Carolina Kostner of Italy? Easily the hottest ladies figure skater this Olympics?

MistrX likes this.
  18. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002

Both US ladies are hot IMO just throwing Kostner in as she gets by far the most modeling endorsement gigs, and she skates with an elegance that
    is more Katarina Witt like that the shorter ladies.

19. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002
    Gordeeva and Grinko (RIP:() The greatest figure skating pair ever [​IMG][​IMG]

You tube link to GOLD MEDAL LP in 1994 Ekaterina Gordeeva - Sergei Grinkov LP 1994 Lillehammer …its worth it.

Thrawn1786 likes this.
  20. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Katarina Witt.
    Katareeeeeeena Witt.
    Katarina Wi i i it.

Yeah, it sounds good whichever way I say it!

Pensivia likes this.
  21. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002
    She is easily one of the greatest figure skaters ever and well very very hot………….she is my favorite, smart, caring, multiple charities

She is 50 next year and still looks smashing.

2 golds
    6 europeans in a row
    7th in 94 only went to perform a program to make the world more aware of Sarajevo she didn't train except pick the music and choreograph her program to keep it within IOC limits, 7th in the world basically walking off the street at the age of 30

22. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002

This Russian pair is young, they may easily medal despite a loaded field. They will certainly become the dominant pairs team in the world at the latest in a couple years but probably at next years worlds if the Americans retire (which I expect), they are very very fast, charismatic and innovative big things for them, it does not hurt that she is very sultry and sexy

23. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    lol, who is the athlete/what sport?

24. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
  25. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Nice pants Norway!