main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena FIA Formula 1 Racing

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Schumacher underwent a second operation hours ago and the hematoma was resolved, but the operation also revealed further brain injuries. His condition is described as "relatively stable" but also still considered life-threatening. Next several hours "critical".

This all chillingly reminds me of the scenes of Niki Lauda's wife at his bedside in Rush.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    yankee8255: Fair point and one I actually agree with. Another reason to get those Living Will and DNR legal documentation done in the very near future.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm glad he's improving a bit. As I'm sure many others would say, Schumacher was F1 for me growing up in the deep South, where NASCAR was/is king, and we would occasionally get a race on CBS on an early Sunday afternoon. The only other driver I knew was Rubens Barrichello, but only because I liked his name.

4. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    News seems to be slightly better today, but as everyone else has said, the level of permanant brain damage sustained may end up being the critical issue. Hopefully with a lot of rehabilitiation Schu can come back from this relatively unchanged...

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I'm almost afraid to look up news on him. Glad he has improved a bit.

6. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    yeah, i saw the celebrity deathlist thread was upped and i feared the worst.

7. Condition2SQ

Sep 5, 2012
    The Ender Sai special:

"Does Schumi believe in God?"

"I believe in God. There is something out there that guides us. I rarely go to church, but often look to the sky and speak with God in my own way. I pray for protection for me and my family." Regarding an afterlife? "It would be nice, if life somehow continued. And I would like to be pleasantly surprised, but I think that when it's over, it's over"

8. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Read somewhere today that Shu is "out of danger" now, so seems things are progressing quite well.

Just hope he isn't too "limited" when they bring him out of the induced coma.

9. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
  10. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I have just been gifted with a late christmas gift of a Williams F1 Team hat, because I dared to cheer Valtteri Bottas in the US race. Now I can watch F1 races in style.

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Whereas I cannot wear my Lotus F1 shirt due to Pastor Retardaldo signing for them.

12. Condition2SQ

Sep 5, 2012
    The only F1 apparel I own is a Brawn GP dress shirt I got at the 2010 German Grand Prix in Nurbuergring. Really quite a collector's item!

According to Bild, doctors have thought on two different occasions--Monday evening and Friday evening--that Schumacher wouldn't make it. Apparently now he is in "normal" Lebensgefahr as opposed to "acute" Lebensgefahr. Quite the hair splitting, but every little bit matters at this point.

13. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    So, the drivers have chosen, or been given their now permanent car numbers:

Data from dailymail.co.uk - a Phil Duncan' article.

1 (as champion) or 5 - Vettel

3 - Daniel Ricciardo

44 - Lewis Hamilton (won his 'Champions of the Future' series with that number)

6 - Nico Rosberg

14 - Fernando Alonso (I thought this one was good. His lucky number since winning a karting title at age 14, with No 14 on the car, on July 14th!)

7 - Kimi Raikkonen

8 - Romain Grosjean

13 - Pastor Maldonado (either he's taking the ****, or the number doesn't have the same connotations in Latin America)

22 - Jenson Button (several online posters thought he'd go for 'Red 5', but the article says that if two or more drivers went for same number, it would go to whomever finished higher in 2013. I believe both he and Seb went for the same number, and Jenson's lifetime number has been decided by MacLaren making a **** car. However, 22 was on his championship-winning Brawn, apparently, so next best thing.)

20 - Kevin Magnussen

27 - Nico Hulkenberg

11 - Sergio Perez

99 - Adrian Sutil

21 - Esteban Guttierez

25 - Jean-Eric Vergne

26 - Daniil Kvyat

19 - Felipe Massa

77 - Valtteri Bottas

17 - Jules Bianchi

...'ello, only just noticed that there are drivers missing; where is Chilton, for instance?

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Chilton wasn't confirmed at the time.

Interesting that Hulk got 27, which Bianchi wanted. Both are keen for a Ferrari drive.

Surprised Kimi didn't go for 11 or 24.

15. Condition2SQ

Sep 5, 2012
  16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    GrandAdmiralJello, can you rename this for the 2014 Season?

And did you watch Monaco 2010? :D

That is bad about Schumi, Condition, but it's also speculation. At this stage, we don't know what's really happening so the best thing you can do is stay positive and remember Schumi is a tenacious bastard and will fight for this.

17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/1/15385.html

Ron Dennis takes over from Martin Whitmash as CEO of the McLaren group.

No word if this means Whitmash is still team principal. I doubt he will be.

Given Dennis' approach I think we could rule out Ross Brawn moving there too. So does Dennis come back as TP?

18. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    KIMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!F1 Rules

19. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002
  20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Um. He was retired?

21. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002

I thought he was still testing prototypes all the time-not actively driving in F1 Grand Prixs'

Skiing accident OMG not the way a man like that should at best be horribly mangled.

Sad is not a strong enough word.

22. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Schumi will pull through. I have to believe it. My prayers are with him.

27 should always be on a Ferrari IMHO

heels1785 likes this.
  23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Ender Sai

We've talked in the past about the F1 Codemasters series. Question- do you drive with a wheel? I recently moved up from 2011 to 12, and I'm struggling to hold corners with any consistency, even on softer tires. Wondering if the controller makes a difference, or if it is my general lack of skill (more likely).

24. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I've heard 2012 adjusted the settings to make it more controller friendly which ended up making it harder when using a wheel.

I know I raced Monza on the same wheel in 2011 and 2012 and only crashed repeatedly in the latter.

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I use controller, so I'm finding 2013 harder than 2013. First race for STR in 2013 and I managed 8th on professional but I had a train of cars behind me and pretty bad tyres...