main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena FIA Formula 1 Racing

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Best. News. Ev...for a long while.

Seriously, I am glad he's back.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    OK so managed a pretty astonishing 7th place in a Toro Rosso at Shanghai, which is the same ironically as Dan Ricciardo at the 2013 race. Mercedes took 1 and 3, with Alonso splitting the pair followed by Webber, Massa, and Grosjean. Kimi was 8th behind me, then Button, then Sutil.

Vettel thankfully DNF. :D

The game is massively difficult on controller, and I'm not sure if I want to invest a wheel but I was basically catching oversteer on a lot of corners or varying my speed into them as much as possible at the end, due to shot tyres. Plenty of wheelspin to; I was running as high as 5th thanks to a magical start (I KERS'd down the pack and found the racing line was totally abandoned as people jostled through turns 1-4) from a 12th place quali but just couldn't sustain it.

So whilst it's a great game, I'd recommend 2012 if you're just a controller based driver.

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Aaannnddd Kobayashi is BACK!!!

:D

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I picked up 13 today- its visibly a much better game than 12, but the AI seems to be much more aggressive. Sergio Perez, in particular, has been shoving me off the track a lot. Controls are tough, but I find it more enjoyable than 12, which was driving me nuts.

Picked up a 15th at Nurburgring with Jensen, best finish so far. Long way to go.

5. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    That's what Perez does though. :D

But you're right. And I suggest you do the young driver test, going for medals.

When you start you get Marussia, Caterham and STR as options. You can unlock Force India, Williams, Sauber and Lotus.

I missed Lotus by 1 gold medal, which I'm 1/100th of a second off getting. But oh well, Sauber's a solid starter.

heels1785 likes this.
  6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
  8. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    We can only hope. Forza Schumi!

That car is nice looking, Well done Force India.

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    McLaren should launch tomorrow.

10. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Scuderia Ferrari has a #ForzaMichael page with messages from people at Ferrari who worked with Schumacher. Felipe Massa's is pretty touching

OK, I read the article, aside from the hopeful last paragraph, I had a hard time actually finding something positive in it.

11. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah, so the slooped nose on both these cars - a feature I didn't notice on the Findia, being somewhat impressed by the colour scheme - is going to be less ugly than the dropped nose feature. Which, if it's unclear, is absolutely a backhanded compliment.

13. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    New cars:

McLaren

[​IMG]

Now, I dare say this is not the finished colour scheme and we are waiting for the announcement of McLaren's new title sponsor following Vodafone. The nose is... Well, it's penis-y.

Lotus

[​IMG]

There is no rendering of Pastor's car yet; they have to have money flying out of it, damaged bodywork, and bits of other people's cars.

Williams

[​IMG]

Meh

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Lotus looks brilliant.

15. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Is Williams using an old IBM 8086 running Windows 95 to do that rendering?

Lotus is quite lovely, hopefully they can afford to more than a lawnmower engine in it.

heels1785 likes this.
  16. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    To me it looks like the McLaren and Lotus are primed for mating. Maybe then we'll get an offspring that doesn't look quite as disturbing.

17. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    I had a late 90s edition of F1 for the original Playstation that had better graphics than that Williams graphic.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Ah yes, the MicroProse ones?

19. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Not sure what it was, got it in the bargain bin, it was already a year or two old. Only played it a little, Gran Turismo was simply too addicting, everything else paled in comparison.

20. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Good lord, those McLaren drivers on either side of Jenson look young! [face_laugh]

Incidentally, was sad to hear of the death of Jenson's dad, John Button in recent days. At least he got to see his boy crowned World Champ though. He and Jenson seem/ed like thoughly nice people. RIP to John Button.

Re. Dennis coming back. I'm not sure it's really such good news, tbh. Ron was brilliant in his day, but let's not forget McLaren haven't won a Constructors Championship since 1998 and many of those years of "failure" were under Ron Dennis's stewardship. There just seem's to be something about McLaren where they under-perform. Was the case with Dennis (from 1998 onwards) and Whitmarsh.

Re. Shu, from what I know of head injuries (I know several people that have had head trauma/been in coma's) it's still very early day's in Michael's journey to recovery. The media of course want's an immediate answer to how it's all going to play out, but recovery from head trauma is an incredibly slow and drawn-out process.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Wouldn't have been the Microprose one, which was amazing:

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    OK, so some news:

Ferrari have revealed their 2014 challenger, the F14T. Fans could vote on one of four options - F14T, F14 Turbo, F14 Scuderia and F14 Maranello.

[​IMG]

As always, the Ferrari team manage to produce a beautiful car, regardless of the stupid nose regs (I have a model of the F2012 in 1:43 that I bought at Museo Ferrari in Maranello, and even with the dropped nose I love it).

Eric Boullier has left Lotus F1 and is expected to take over as team principal at McLaren.

Darth_Furio and Veloz like this.
  23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    [​IMG]

Kimi! El Nano! YAAAY!

Veloz likes this.
  24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Sauber

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    With the exception of Williams, these appear to be brilliant models- theirs may end up being good too. I think my favorite is still Force India.