main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena FIA Formula 1 Racing

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 31, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

I'm glad Danny made it to the finish before his Renault went boom. Good run for Red Bull, considering the last few weeks.

Heavy Isotope and Sith-I-5 like this.
  2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Ugh I just want to punch Rosberg until my hand is broken.

3. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    As expected, Lewis looking like he's got the measure of Rosberg now.

Hamilton is in a different league this year and finally showing the potential Ron Dennis saw in him all those years ago...

4. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Rosberg is basically like Webber, or Massa. Webber was never as entitled or whiny as him - Marks' too Australian for that **** - but they're not champion material.

So good to see that McLaren turn in an 11th place. I expect to see them at full power and fighting for podiums.

G-FETT likes this.
  5. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    What's surprised me most was Maldonado during the race, he seemed to be doing quite well but still that clumsy unpracticed way he drives, which lead me to believe that it's the new guys that are making him look not too bad by comparison...

Happy to see Bottas do well. I really want to see Williams step up their game.

(I usually end up having to watch the race a day or two late and have to avoid looking in this thread haha, but still, exciting :D )

6. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  7. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Anyone else excited to see Mexico City this year? I am! The track map looks great, similar to Australia maybe? Anyways... Just wanted to share.
    [​IMG]

Sad state of affairs for the city itself though. :\ Hopefully the Grand Prix brings in a lot of revenue for the people.

[​IMG]

8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I saw Sergio Perez and possibly Sky F1's Martin Brundle, drive round some of the construction, and I am excited that the race track approaches two stands that are curved to face the oncoming cars, and the cars blast between them.

Well done to Rosberg for victory in Spain. He owes Hamilton's pit crew a drink.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

seriously, just give me the trophy now. how dare you make me work for it, lesser beings.

10. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    He didn't have to work much heels1785

I was hoping that all the upgrades that Ferrari did would have closed the gap but nope, back to Ferrari vs. Williams for second in the Constructors.
    I'd bet the people of Mexico city could find better ways to spend the money their government spent on that track. Which looks fun BTW. I like the series of corners towards the end straight.

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Furio did you see Grosjean launch his jack man? That looked painful as hell.

12. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    jcgoble3 and jabberwalkie like this.
  13. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    agreed

14. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    [face_shame_on_you] @ Merc [face_not_talking]

15. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    LOL @ Rosberg

jcgoble3 likes this.
  16. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Or not

halibut likes this.
  17. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Ho hum the Briton won. At least Vettel got third.

18. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Great race, don't know how to feel about Williams. Disappointed with the bad calls. [face_plain]

19. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Jules Bianchi died. :(

RIP Jules @};-

heels1785 likes this.
  20. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Dreadful news, Re. Jules Bianchi.

I guess all you can say is that at least he is no longer suffering and he can now rest in peace. @};-

jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Well... That was a bit of a Grand Prix wasn't it? :eek:

How many penalties did Maldonado get in the end? [face_laugh]

And what a save for Lewis... After how atrocious his driving was this afternoon, Rosberg STILL finished up behind him. Could be a crucial moment for the Championship, I think...

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Lol @ Mercedes.

"Le victoire est pour Jules." :(

23. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    :(

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    McLaren scored 12 points - that's the highlight for me, and today may end up being the highlight of their season.

Ender, great to see you back around here, amigo. You were missed.

G-FETT and Ender Sai like this.
  25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I think the highlight for me was, on the Sky coverage, how close Rosberg was to tears. It was delicious. I nearly passed out from the joy.

He also blames Ricciardo, or at least infers the FIA erred in not awarding a penalty to Dan, over their coming-together. Which, given it was a repeat of the ham-fisted clumsiness that characterised his collision with Hamilton, suggests he's learned roughly nothing. It cost Ricciardo a possible win, a definite second place and proved Rosberg's in the position he's in mostly because of his car.

G-FETT likes this.