main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC 2015 Fitness Goals

Discussion in 'Community' started by anakinfansince1983 , Jan 4, 2015.

1. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    *is hit by the sudden realization that Sriracha contains sugar*

2. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    we walked 12 km today and my tiny dog's barely tired. i'm not sure what breed she is anymore.

3. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    Just to make it clear that I don't really hate white wine, I bought a bottle of riesling today. It's not very cold yet but I'm already halfway through my first glass.

4. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    Oops, wrong thread. :p[face_blush]

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    First 5K of the year yesterday; it's one that the women in my family do every year. I've lost about three minutes from December with all that has happened since then but I was a minute faster than my last humid post-bronchitis race so...perspective. And we had a good time.

6. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Congratulations! I tried doing push ups yesterday, I will keep trying. If I can add one more every two days, that'll be good.

7. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I just started doing the "couch potato to 5k" program today. I hate jogging/running, so it was difficult. All the dogs in the neighborhood, including my own St. Bernard, ran up to their fences and barked at me.

8. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    It's good that you started, keep at it and it'll get better. Also, I hate running on residential areas because of the dogs. I know 99% of them are unable to actually get at you but boy it is really distracting. Parks are where it's at.

9. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah, the dogs were distracting. I wish I lived in a larger city that actually had a park.

10. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    The marathon I've been training for is now just eight days away. I'm in the taper phase of training now. It's always the same. I spend months looking forward to a bit of down time and then when it arrives I drive myself crazy worrying about getting sick or losing fitness! We're an emotionally fragile lot, marathon runners. Anyway, hopefully we'll get some decent weather for the big day. :)

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Depression has spiraled out of control yet again, so I'm going to try running twice a day.

12. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004

Ah, the joy of double ups! Hope that works out for you.

13. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    i ran my personal best mile the other day! 7:30! i was super pumped.

MOC Yak Face and Juliet316 like this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I've got two weeks until my tri and I'm doing something similar: please don't let me get sick or injured between now and then, please don't let me get sick or injured between now and then, etc.

Hopefully you get some weather like we're having here today; it's fantastic.

Good luck, hope that works.

Juliet316 and MOC Yak Face like this.
  15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    From doing walking / squats, along with a better diet, my stomach is a lot flatter than it was a month ago. Better than it has been in many years. I do not need to lose weight, but tone and stamina are what I am going for.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Meh. I may need to put off running I guess.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Why?

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Have you all seen Runner's World's Running Streak? There's a page on Facebook and there are also Twitter and Instagram feeds if you use those. (I don't have Instagram and I only use Twitter for work.).

It involves running at least one mile a day every day between now and July 4. I'm in.

MOC Yak Face likes this.
  19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It's just really hard to get motivated. Relapse always sucks. I hope I can get out of it.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Could I suggest trying the mile a day? Not much for a cross-country runner but maybe it would be easier to get motivated if you knew you only needed to go 10 minutes at a time?

Hope things get better for you soon.

21. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I Are The Internets, hope things improve for you quickly. Walking alone helped me get out a lot of anger / depression I'd been dealing with all winter, I do not know if that will help you at all, but I sympathize and wish you well.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    It might. I do need to be tested to see if I have any personality disorders.

23. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I am not a nutritionist but I've noticed that changing my diet was the other factor that bolstered my mood (and mood swings.) The walking made a considerable difference at first, but reigning in my diet has made me a complete different person. The two together are working wonders. I've been super sensitive to certain foods (like sugar) for a very long time, but it took this winter to really confront it.

All that said, perhaps before you go get those tests done, try an allergist and see if you're allergic to certain foods? My apologies if I'm coming across like a Mack truck...not my intent. Just wanted to share.

24. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    Run/walk is a good way to start. Even if it's just a minute running to two walking to begin with. Before long it's 1/1, 2/1, 5/1 and then boom, you're running!

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I have gone to the Galloway method myself because I've found it more efficient.

MOC Yak Face likes this.