main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN 2015-September: upcoming events

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Here's a list of stuff we're doing in September 2015 (at least so far). I'll try and do this every month, but I can't promise I'll be perfect at this...
    Best bet: Join the facebook group. That way, you'll be automatically invited to every event we're doing and it'll show up on your facebook calendars. https://www.facebook.com/groups/chattooine/

Sep 5th: Force Friday at Target (in Cleveland, TN).
    I know, I know.. .this is already done, but I wanted to still list it as part of the stuff in September. Anyway, this was the Episode 7 toy release weekend and Target asked us to come out that Saturday afternoon to help bring some characters to life. We don't get to Cleveland as much, so it was a fun, easy troop. Plus we got to play with the flying Millennium Falcon.

Sep 11th: Star Wars day at McKay's used books and cd's.
    Adam Bray, author of the new book "Star Wars: Absolutely Everything you Need to Know" was there as part of his book tour and we were there to help out. McKay's loves us and we love hanging out in costume every time they ask. They had food, giveaways, and lots of pictures were made.

Sep 12th: Meow Meow adoption at Petsmart (Gunbarrel Rd)
    Meow Meow Rescue had an event that we helped out with a superhero motif. We were on hand to play with kitties, pose for pictures with kitties, and interact with children. There may have been dancing... Or I guess I should say there WAS dancing and there may be video... unfortunately...

Sep 14th: Monthly Chattooine meeting
    As always, every 2nd Monday of the month, we have our meetings at Carmike East Ridge (formally The Rave Theater) at 6:30pm in their party room. Although the phone we were using to record the meeting died about 15 minutes in, we've been live broadcasting these for a few months now. Past meetings (and what we were able to record last night) can be seen here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/chattooine-s-verizon-channel

Sep 19th: Talk Like A Pirate Day
    Dress up like a pirate and come out with us to raid Krispy Kreme on Talk Like a Pirate Day!
    We always park and meet up across the street in the parking lot shared by Applebees and Office Depot. We'll help each other get ready and all go over together to get our doughnuts!

You can get ONE doughnut for just TALKING like a pirate. To get a dozen, you must be dressed completely like a pirate and have AT LEAST THREE components from this list incorporated into your costume:

Eye Patch
    Pirate Hat
    Pirate Flag (Black or Red)
    Bandana
    Peg Leg
    Parrot on Shoulder
    Pirate Shirt / Loose white shirt
    Knickers
    Leather belt
    Silver and gold necklaces and earrings
    Pirate Hook
    Pointy black boots or ragged brown sandals

We're also talking about going to Long John Silver's afterward as they are also having a similar special (free 2-pc dinner). So... yay junk food!

That's it for September, but October will be PACKED!!! Seriously... there are a ton of events planned for October. I'm tired just thinking about it...