main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Awards 2016 FanFic Awards | Voting Thread for Before, Saga and the Random Award | CLOSED (at last!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Chyntuck, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    WELCOME TO THE VOTING THREAD FOR THE BEFORE AND SAGA ERAS!
    Voting for Beyond and Sequel Trilogy is now closed.

Below are the voting rules and those nominated for awards in the Before and Saga eras as well as the Random Award. Please read carefully and then send in those votes!

Please do NOT post your votes in this thread and do NOT send them to me.
    Send them instead to the appropriate sock following the procedure described below.

Remember, there are colours for the person who sends in the most votes across all eras :D

Voting dates: From Wednesday 27 April to Friday 06 May at midnight PST.

Voting for: The Before and Saga eras, plus the Random Award.

Please remember that Before and Saga are separate eras, each one with its own categories and nominees, and that you should vote in each era separately.

If you haven't voted for the Random Award yet, you can do it now.

GENERAL VOTING RULES
    • You must send your votes by PM to the relevant sock. Any votes sent to the wrong sock/person will not be counted.
    • You may vote for only one nominee per category.
    • You do not need to vote in every era and category if you do not wish to do so.
    • Anyone is eligible to vote, whether reader, writer or lurker.
    • You may not vote for yourself. This includes stories that you co-authored.
    • Anyone caught voting multiple times with a sock will be banned and no longer eligible to participate in the awards in any way.
    PROCESS TO VOTE FOR THE RANDOM AWARD

1) Head over to the Before & Saga Excerpts & Synopses Thread to read more about the nominees.​
    2) Open a PM convo with Anakin Solo Revanchist AND Chyntuck and type “Random Award Vote” in the title bar.​
    3) Copy-paste this post in your PM, delete the nominees you don’t want to vote for and keep only the one you’re voting for.​
    4) Click “send” :)

If you already voted for the Random Award, you (obviously) don't have to vote again.

PROCESS TO VOTE FOR BEFORE

1) Head over to the Before & Saga Excerpts and Synopses Thread to read more about the nominees.​
    2) Click here to open a PM convo with the Before Awards sock (Before_Awards_Sock) and type “2016 votes” in the title bar.​
    3) Copy-paste this post in your PM, delete the nominees you don’t want to vote for and keep only those you’re voting for.​
    4) Make sure you don’t delete the category names! We won’t be able to figure out what you’re voting for if you do.​
    5) Please do not change the order of the categories! It will make vote-counting more complicated if you do.​
    6) Click “send” :)

PROCESS TO VOTE FOR SAGA

1) Head over to the Before & Saga Excerpts and Synopses Thread to read more about the nominees.​
    2) Click here to open a PM convo with the Saga Awards sock (SagaFanficAwards) and type “2016 votes” in the title bar.​
    3) Copy-paste this post in your PM, delete the nominees you don’t want to vote for and keep only those you’re voting for.​
    4) Make sure you don’t delete the category names! We won’t be able to figure out what you’re voting for if you do.​
    5) Please do not change the order of the categories! It will make vote-counting more complicated if you do.​
    6) Click “send” :)

As usual, you may ask any questions you have in this thread, or in the Awards Guide and Announcements Thread.
    Please do not post questions here pertaining to an individual fic, as it could be construed as advertising.​

HAPPY VOTING!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  2. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    RANDOM AWARD VOTING FORM

Note: Nominators may not vote for the award/story they nominated -- as they stand to win colours too, it would be akin to voting for themselves.

Frozen by divapilot -- nominated for Best Diary Entry From Inside Carbonite by Sith-I-5

Frozen by divapilot -- nominated for Best Stasis by Ewok Poet

Breakfast on Yavin IV by Jedi_Lover -- nominated for Best Sleepwear by Annia Piet

The Galactic Correspondent by Kahara -- nominated for Punniest Character Name/Best Reference to a Central American Amphibian by Raissa Baiard

Was NOT Part of the Plan by Lady_Misty -- nominated for Wackiest Character Origin Theory by Findswoman

Ewok Poet likes this.
  3. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    BEFORE VOTING FORM

Best Alternate Universe

Just Ask Dad; or, Talking Things Through on Taris by Findswoman

Getting to Know You by K'tai qel Letta-Tanku

Attachment by LuvEwan

Best Canon

Home by Admiral Volshe

A Cold Day on the Pike by gaarastar58

A Taste of Rootleaf Stew by jcgoble3

Best All-Around

Home by Admiral Volshe

Guard Duty by ardavenport

A Cold Day on the Pike by gaarastar58

Sword of the Night Sky by gaarastar58

Schism by Jedi_Perigrine

Getting to Know You by K'tai qel Letta-Tanku

Epiphany by leiamoody

Nar Shaddaa: Noir #1 - Blush Response by metophlus

Best Character

Qui-Gon Jinn in Guard Duty by ardavenport

Stanislauff Rzewanczkowski in Just Ask Dad; or, Talking Things Through on Taris by Findswoman

Tok/Darth Cozus in A Cold Day on the Pike by gaarastar58

Zia Amopharis in Epiphany by leiamoody

Best Relationship

Katts Rzewanczkowski/female Revan and Stanislauff Rzewanczkowski in Just Ask Dad; or, Talking Things Through on Taris by Findswoman

K'tai qel Letta-Tanku and Obi-Wan Kenobi in Getting to Know You by K'tai qel Letta-Tanku

Bastila Shan and Meetra Surik in Bastila Shan - An Autobiography by metophlus

Best Author

ardavenport

Findswoman

K'tai qel Letta-Tanku

leiamoody

Best Reviewer

Ewok Poet: She leaves comments that are substantial, thoughtful and fun, and is very dedicated to this less-traveled era.

Findswoman: She is very consistent in giving in-depth, kind and encouraging reviews full of fascinating insights.

jcgoble3: He is always very thoughtful and honest in his reviews.

metophlus: He's an incredible proofreader who spots tiny details and shows readers what they're about to read.

Raissa Baiard: Kudos to this supportive and insightful reviewer for venturing into this generally lesser-known era.

Sith I-5: He has a knack for seeking out and reviewing lesser-known stories, thus encouraging authors to come back and continue.

Sith-I-5, Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  4. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    SAGA VOTING FORM

Best Alternate Universe

She Shall Rise Again by Admiral Volshe

Attack of the Clones Alternate Ending by Admiral Volshe, Chyntuck, Darth_Furio, Goodwood and Satine Naberrie

What History Will Say of Us by AngelQueen

Emerging from Shadows by Cushing's Admirer

Sins of the Fathers by DarthIshtar

Crossing Enemy Lines by EmeraldJediFire and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (formerly Nyota's Heart)

Path of a Jedi by Master_Fay_Fan

The Jedi Empire by NightWatcher91

Handoff by TheProphetOfSullust

Best Canon

Turn Your Face to the Sun by JadeLotus

Versé, transformed into a flower by Pandora

Hypothetically Speaking by skygawker

Best Humour

The Galactic Correspondent by Chyntuck, Ewok Poet, Goodwood, Kahara, SabyneAmberle, skygawker, Viridian-Maiden and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (formerly Nyota's Heart)

An Obi-Wan Challenge by earlybird-obi-wan, Jedi Master Kenobiwan, laloga, obimom (a.k.a. Obiwan456), ruth baulding, serendipityaey and Valairy Scot

On the Many Uses of Space Wrap by Lazy K

The Jedi's New Clothes by Lazy K

Gnats by pronker

Ain't Me by Rau_Fang

Chunky Cheese by SatineNaberrie

Return of the Jedi Humorous Version by study3600

Best All-Around

Attack of the Clones Alternate Ending by Admiral Volshe, Chyntuck, Darth_Furio, Goodwood and Satine Naberrie

Another Other by Annia Piet

Crossing Enemy Lines by EmeraldJediFire and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (formerly Nyota's Heart)

The Broken Boy and the Blind Master by gaarastar58

Can't Look Away by Kahara

In the Cards by Raissa Baiard

Best Epic

She Shall Rise Again by Admiral Volshe

Star Wars Episode One: A False Dawn by carl_hollywood

Hanna's Story by Cynical_Ben

The Book of Gand by Findswoman

Into The Archives by skygawker

Best Short Story

Ownership by Annia Piet

About a Boy by Ewok Poet

Opus Sixty-Six by Findswoman

The Song Hour by leiamoody

Best Series

The Hanna Shirid Series by Cynical_Ben (Hanna's Story, Interlude - Mandalore)

He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother by JadeLotus (A Man of Honour, His Welfare Is My Concern, Respite)

The Tristan Kenobi Series by JediMaster_Jen (The Other Side of Betrayal, The Tristan Betrayal)

The Jaye Tatsu Series by Shira A'dola ("Here's How It Started", I Rise, Mondo)

The Alexis Wentlas Series by whiskers (Breakout, Survival Instinct, Surviving Hope)

The ANH Infinities Series by whiskers (Dignity, Rebirth, Routine Mission)

Best Interpretation of a Canon Character

Obi-Wan Kenobi in Turn Your Face to the Sun by JadeLotus

Obi-Wan Kenobi in A Chosen Path by KELIA

Sly Moore in An Unexpected Surprise by KELIA

Yoda in It's a Drabble! SW Edition by Poe Drabbleron (a.k.a. Admiral Drabblar)

Obi-Wan Kenobi in A Different Path by SkalenFehl

Best Original Character

Zizi Pao in The Song Hour by leiamoody

Aala Naberrie in Fallen by serendipityaey

Raede Kolinkar in Half the Battle by Thumper09

Galen Wentlas in Empire Day by whiskers

Best Villain

Padmé Amidala in What History Will Say of Us by AngelQueen

The Wanderer in Snowed In by Ewok Poet

The unnamed telepath in Need to Know by Lazy K

Best Canon Relationship

Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade in Crossing Enemy Lines by EmeraldJediFire and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (formerly Nyota's Heart)

Teebo and Latara in Snowed In by Ewok Poet

Jango and Boba Fett in The Father by gaarastar58

Kanan Jarrus and Hera Syndulla in Apologies and Observations by Jags_Scoundrel

Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade in Can't Look Away by Kahara

Luke Skywalker and Beru Whitesun-Lars in Forget Me Not by Sara_Kenobi

Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi in Hypothetically Speaking by skygawker

Best Original Relationship

I-Five and Magash Drashi in The Chronicles of I-5YQ by Ewok_Slayer

Luke Skywalker and Kess Lendra in Living Legend : Book 1 by Kess Banta

Zizi Pao and Mariklare Trindello in The Song Hour by leiamoody

The narrator and Versé in Versé, transformed into a flower by Pandora

Raissa Baiard and Doran Blayne in In the Cards by Raissa Baiard

Obi-Wan Kenobi and Aala Naberrie in Fallen by serendipityaey

Best Author

AngelQueen

ardavenport

Findswoman

JediMaster_Jen

Lady_Misty

laloga

serendipityaey

taramidala

Best New Author

Annia Piet

gaarastar58

jcgoble3

Best Reviewer

Ewok Poet: She always gives thoughtful, detailed reviews, among the most in-depth on the boards. She draws fascinating connections to literature, other art forms, popular culture etc, and she very often guesses right about important story points.

Findswoman: She's always up-to-date with the stories she reads and provides respectful, thoughtful and diligent reviews. She's setting an example on how to be a great reviewer and she's as much of a loyal reader as can be!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha (formerly Nyota's Heart): She's upbeat, kind, and perceptive, often the first to respond, and helps make the environment here positive and engaging for writers of nearly every genre with her brief, encouraging and enthusiastic comments.

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  5. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Addendum on the Random Award: because of a couple of misunderstandings in regards to sending in the PMs, I'd just like to clarify that when you're sending your vote, it is one (1) PM addressed both to Chyntuck and to myself, not two, with one sent to me and one sent to her. This way helps us collate the information into one pool, making it easier to backtrack and find information if there's a flub along the line. Thanks much, and happy voting!

Findswoman , Ewok Poet and Chyntuck like this.
  6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I am not dramatic.

I AM DRAMATIC AND SOME OF THIS IS GOING TO BE LIKE SOMEBODY RIPPING MY HEART OUT CAPS LOCK CAPS LOCK CAPS LOCK. THESE SOCKS NOW FEEL LIKE THAT THIRD SOCK.

*puts a thinking cap on* :p

Findswoman likes this.
  7. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Please no drama as long as I'm in charge of the awards. Once the responsibility goes back to the mods, feel free to be as dramatic as you want :p

8. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    What's wrong, everyone? We had "only" 12 voters in Before and Saga in the first three days. Take advantage of the weekend and send in those votes!

PS: And don't forget that the Random Award is a thing too ;)

yahiko likes this.
  9. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I don't actually know how to PM two people at the same time, and did not know, before nominating the Random, that that was even a thing. Even with Group Threads, I assumed that an initial PM was started, and then people somehow invited.

Chyntuck likes this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Just type one name, a comma, then another name. If your Javascript and AJAX are working fine, autocomplete will be there to help you. :)

Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I generally just click on an avatar, then select "Start a conversation".

Not sure where the opportunity to start typing names, comes in.

Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    When you expand the list of your conversations, you also get an opportunity to start a new one from the scratch. That's where you get to type names.

[​IMG]

Disclaimer: This is a screencap of a public thread, either way.

Kahara, Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ah-ha. Gotcha!

Thank you, Ewok Poet

Separately, pleasantly surprised to see my nomination on the Before Voting Form! If I am encouraging writers to come back, thanky you, nice bit of feedback. :)

Kahara, Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  14. yahiko

yahiko Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2015
    I have voted ;)

15. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Three days to go for Before and Saga. Vote early, vote often! (but not with a sock ;) )

And don't forget the Random Award! We already have several people who voted in every single category of every single era, so you'll need the Random Award to get those colours !

16. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm not sure if I voted for Random Award, come to think of it. Is it safe to assume that I forgot and that I should?

EDIT: Now I did, but if I really, really did it before and forgot it, I'm sorry.

Findswoman likes this.
  17. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Woke up before seven. Working through the Saga voting form is one of my activities before I have to get ready for work.

Kahara, Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  18. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    You didn't have to take "vote early" that literally ;)

Kahara, jcgoble3 and Sith-I-5 like this.
  19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Hahahahaha.

Thanks.

I have to get ready for work, but have whittled the form down to five categories that I need to make a decision on.

Kahara and Chyntuck like this.
  20. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Voting for Before (and Saga) is still open until midnight on Friday. Hope we do to see some more votes in Before. :yoda: (You don't have to vote in every category to send in the form, as previously mentioned.)

Ewok Poet, Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  21. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Twelve hours to go and we have 19 voters in Before & Saga. Will we make it to 22, like in Beyond & ST? Stay tuned... The deadline is at midnight PST!

PS: If you're aiming for colours, don't forget the Random Award!

22. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    W00t! We had a last-minute voter in both Before and Saga, plus two last-minute voters for the Random Award. 45 minutes to go before your ballot turns into a pumpkin! *sings The Final Countdown*

Ewok Poet and yahiko like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.