main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena FIA Formula 1 Racing

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Amazing how Hamition all of a sudden produces that smug smile when he's on pole and he's a little b*&$#@ when he isn't. :rolleyes:

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah but... but... he's not Rosberg so it's marginally less iffensive.

Red Bull killed it in quali! Wooo!

3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    LOL @ Mercedes! [face_laugh]

EDIT: Hamilton and Rosberg are now in an office with Toto Wolff, who is presumably dressing them down big time. I would love to be a fly on the wall in that office.

4. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    such lol @ Merc

5. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Toto just gave an interview on the American broadcast. He refused to assign blame to either driver right now, saying that it's not clear-cut enough to do so at this stage.

I'm rooting for Verstappen now. He just might be able to pull this off.

6. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    MAX VERSTAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D [face_party] [face_party] [face_party]

G-FETT likes this.
  7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    MAX

****ING

VERSTAPPEN

G-FETT and jcgoble3 like this.
  8. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    YES!

The future of Formula 1 has arrived, and its name is Max Verstappen. I predict that this kid will win multiple championships before his career is over.

G-FETT likes this.
  9. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Well that was a breath of fresh air wasn't it? =D=

jcgoble3 likes this.
  10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    F1 sans Merc is the best

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Tremendous accomplishment for the youngster. Equally happy to see Verstappen win and Rosberg get dumped on the first lap.

Darth_Furio , jcgoble3 and G-FETT like this.
  12. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I bet in 2026 we'll all be sick to death of Verstappen winning everything going year after year! [face_laugh]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  13. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Well.

Max absorbed a lot of pressure to bring that home. An awesome job. Probably a national hero now!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  14. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    That's the part that impressed me the most. Max didn't get this win handed to him. He earned it the hard way by holding off a former world champion who was right behind him in DRS range chasing him down for quite a few laps. That takes lots of skill and talent to pull that off.

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Of course. First Dutch winner. Youngest ever winner. The boy's a champion.

The race should have been Ricciardo/Vettel/Verstappen but the 3 stop strategy was clearly inferior. If the net result is a win for Max, then boom.

I think we can all agree if Hamilton and Rosberg just ****ed off for good we'd have a better sport. Personality wise, racing wise, results wise.

[​IMG]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Again, you speaking for the world.

The way I read the analysis from James Allen of the two teams is that while the three stopper turned out to be inferior, both teams expected their two stoppers to run out of tyres before the end (eg RBR expected that Max doing 31 or 30 laps on his tyres that were expected to last only 25 laps, putting Ricciardo up there in the end; and Ferarri similarly expected Kimi's tyres to fall off the cliff, several laps before the end, thus allowing their four-time world champion to take the lead.)

That adds to Max' achievement. Considering lack of running in junior formulae, quite a strategic head on those shoulders; he knew there was just one corner where he was vulnerable to Kimi.

The matter of not being able to follow other cars, does seem worse this year.

I was rooting for Guttierez in midfield, to get points. He had some clean overtakes this race. Still, good to see Kvyat get a point, and the local plaudits on Saturday and Sunday for Carlos Sainz being lead Spaniard. I had heard that happens for those in MotoGP, before.

17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm sorry, you think Mercedes being a distant 1-2, again, would be interesting in any way?

Couple of spoiled brats personally with the best machinery. It's as bad as Vettel in 2011 and 2013 - boring, unless they make mistakes which happens too rarely.

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I do find, following drivers I support, interesting, yes. Lewis, Kimi, Sergio, etc.

I also don't use the "royal we" when discussing F1 or Star Wars.

19. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Max did it with style. Good for him. I'm disappointed that Ferrari couldn't take full advantage of the Mercedes crash. I wonder if the Merc brass forbids Lewis and Nico from racing with each other the rest of the year.

"Very Clever." - Lauda. lol love NIki. :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    lol

[​IMG]

"Car dropped into an incorrect power mode as set by the driver prior to the start."

Rosberg, you git.

lol @ Mercedes.

The moment when F1 got entertaining again:

[​IMG]

now, do this every race please.

heels1785 and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    lol so Rosberg stuffed up his car setup and crashed them out of the race?

22. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I had a feeling that nothing would come of this from the stewards. And I'm fine with that.

23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Just a heads up. I know a good many of us are fans of the brilliant Codemasters F1 series - I'm still playing F1 2013 primarily, but F1 2015 is on sale for XBONE for $15 this week. May give it a shot.

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    No no no, get Project CARS man!

F1 2015 isn't really new mechanically. WAit for 2016.

heels1785 likes this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'd never actually heard of Project CARS, but it looks great from gameplay videos - and the price is right, too.

I'll pick that one up - thanks, Ender.