main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Madness Has Begun!: NCAA Basketball Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dal--Intrepid, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Duke's the highest ranked team that hasn't lost this week (assuming they don't choke tonight). That said, I don't want Duke to be ranked #1 going into the game against UNC, nor do I think they deserve to be ranked #1. But then, nobody really deserves it.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Miami might be the best argument for #1 right now. If you take their resume and put "Duke" or "North Carolina" on the front of their jersey, they probably would be.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm watching IU beat OSU right now, and the commentators are saying that even though IU lost to Illinois this week [face_plain] a win against OSU on the road means they deserve to keep the top spot.

Won't happen, but it's nice to dream. I've heard Duke being put forward as the new #1.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree, and I'm not sure Arizona won't jump IU either.

5. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Duke shouldn't be back at number one.

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    So, fun story: IU did stay at #1 in the AP. Fell to #2 in the coaches poll, and Duke went to #1.

Also: [face_dancing]

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    And I spoke way too soon on Arizona. :)

Cal happened.

8. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Nobody should be #1 right now, quite frankly.

But Miami's probably playing better than anyone else at the moment. Strange at that sounds.

9. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    :D I'm glad that that we renew UNC - Duke tonight.

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Better game than I expected. Miserable, nonetheless.

11. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    If Carolina had actually made some FTs, they might have been able to pull it off. Good defensive game, but the offense fell apart for too long in the second half.

12. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I just get so happy when Wisconsin puts a beat down on Ohio St.

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Hideous officiating in Ames tonight, Iowa State got hosed at the end of regulation. Unfortunate.

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I would like to know who is voting Duke ahead of Miami right now. Those voters either

A) aren't paying attention or
    B) don't think beyond "team a lost, drop them; team be did not lose so don't drop them" (which is just lazy voting)

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I was actually really upset about that. Two of my favorite players are graduating, and that was their last home game.

Guess we'll show everyone during the Big Ten tournament! Or, if we play like we did last night ... not.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    That wasn't about how Indiana played. That was about Aaron Craft.

18. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Big 10 Tournament gonna be a fun one for all of us.

Darth McClain likes this.
  19. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    A bright spot to Georgia Tech's season, as they take out #6 Miami on the road.

20. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Yep, definitely looking forward to the that tourney.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Well, this is pretty humiliating so far.

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Wow. What the hell happened to Syracuse today? And New Mexico, for that matter. Even Gonzaga looked shaky for a half.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Kansas got bombed by Baylor, Florida goes down to UK, Oregon loses again..weird day in hoops.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    God ****ing dammit, Tarheels. What are you doing?

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Ready for a wild final day of the Big Ten Season.

Michigan-Indiana will pretty much decide the regular season title. If Indiana wins, they get it outright. If Michigan wins, they claim a piece, and open the door for both Ohio State and Michigan State to do the same.

Arguably more important, however, is the look at the 4/5 line - and the difference in playing one additional game in the Big Ten tournament. Wisconsin has a very winnable game against Penn State, but needs help to get off the 5.

I'm still torn on who I want to win that IU/UM game. One on hand, an IU loss opens the door for another Big Ten Title for the Buckeyes. On the other hand, that would mean wanting Michigan to win a game.