main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Madness Has Begun!: NCAA Basketball Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dal--Intrepid, Nov 17, 2006.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Given that they had two major sporting scandals (one of which may not be explicitly under NCAA jurisdiction), Baylor's athletics program should have been shut down entirely.

Guidman and Juliet316 like this.
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

UNC got lucky, only minor infractions that don't include any violations in academia.

3. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Why am I not surprised?

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    You can't spell SMU without The U.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    An even more pointless poll than its football counterpart - that being said, there are some considerable surprises. Namely the top three "also got votes" teams - TAMU and UVA (both of whom could be top 15), and Mizzou, who I expected in the 23-25 range.

Southern Cal should be higher, and Kansas and UNC should be lower. Other than that, whatever. This will be vastly different by December 1st, I'm sure.

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Season starts tomorrow:

First, the 2017-18 Bilas Opus (Ultimate Guide) to NCAAB is up on ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...gives-everything-need-know-college-basketball

Heavy with NCAA stuff, as Jay is a frequent, outstanding/longstanding heckler of the NCAA and their tactics. High quality commentary, as is his standard. Doesn't hurt that he's also a great attorney, in addition to the best analyst in sports.

Bilas picks:

National Championship favorites: Michigan State, Duke, Arizona, Kansas, Kentucky, Wichita State, Nova

Final Four favorites: North Carolina, Louisville, Southern Cal, Florida, Miami, Seton Hall, Cincinatti, St. Mary's, TAMU, Minnesota

First Team AA:
    Miles Bridges, MSU
    Bonzie Colson, Notre Dame
    Greyson Allen, Duke
    Ethan Happ, Wisconsin
    Yante Maten, UGA

Next, heels' awful, albeit concise predictions.

Final Four: Michigan State, Wichita State, Kansas, Southern Cal
    Nat'l Championship: Michigan State over Kansas

Finally,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Wow, surprised to see you speak so highly of a former Duke player.

heels1785 likes this.
  10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    We all make mistakes in college.

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Kentucky extremely shaky tonight against Utah Valley University. Was down 9 at half, won by 10.

#25 TAMU destroys #11 WVU in Armed Forces classic. A&M was way underrated, said that the day the crappy preseason poll came out. They've got a great chance to win the SEC, even with UK and Florida presumably strong.

12. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    You know who else made a mistake in college?

Chris Webber.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

PCCViking and heels1785 like this.
  13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    He made the best mistake in the history of mistakes.

PCCViking and Nanaki like this.
  14. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    DUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!!!

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    UK shot 3-15 from the stripe tonight against East Tennessee State University.

Remember this, come March. If they're even relevant in the title conversation, of which I am far from certain.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Ridiculous ending in this Wichita St-Notre Dame game. Shockers up 3 with 15 seconds left, inbounding the ball under their basket after Bonzie airballed a trey.

Turnover, score, jump ball, foul, free throws, defense.

Irish win by 1. Were down as much as 16 in 2nd half, too. Crazy big win.

17. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Easy way to remember how to spell Cincinnati-- the Bengals commit lots of "sins" in the playoffs, so there's extra "cinn" not extra "natti"

You're sadly welcome

heels1785 and PCCViking like this.
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Cheers, Lloyd. :p

I'll never forget that now!

LloydChristmas likes this.
  19. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    16 team tourney starts today in Portland.

20. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    There was a brawl in today's game between Alabama and Minnesota. All of Bama's players not in the game left the bench area, and got ejected. Then a foul out and an injury later, Bama was forced to finish the game with three players.

21. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    They only lost by 5 points.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    The magic of AVE-ER-EY Johnson.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I usually don’t let commentary irritate me the way it did tonight but holy hell...what would it take to get Bill Walton to actually talk about the damn game that was happening right in front of him?

The Tarheels’ shooting percentage was terrible too; I was not expecting much given that the Spartans outrank them but I was expecting more of a fight.

heels1785 likes this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    LOL - I do love Bill Walton. He is really entertaining.

Not entertaining was that beatdown we got tonight.

25. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Gators came oh-so close to bringing down Duke.

26. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Arizona goes from #2 last week to unranked this week.

Three losses in three days. Oof.