main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Madness Has Begun!: NCAA Basketball Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dal--Intrepid, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    @heels1785 - I only liked that post because of the dog petting the cat.

PCCViking and heels1785 like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    thx for the update

:p

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm only a WVU fan by engagement/marriage. Honestly, since I should be rooting for the Johnnies, that's way more mockable...

4. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    No objectionable teams left for me in the tournament, so I'm going for the underdog: Go Loyola. At least the Gators can say one of their losses was to the national champions. :p

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Chris Mack leaving Xavier for Louisville, 7-year deal.

does not compute.

6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I love this time of year as I'm reminded why I don't watch basketball.

59.2 seconds left. Foul. Free throws. Shoot. Foul. Free throw. Shoot. Foul. Free throw. Shoot. Foul. 58.6 seconds left.

AplagueOnTheWise and CT-867-5309 like this.
  7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    $4 Million Per computes pretty well.

Plus, this might be Xavier's Ceiling. Not the Tournament Result, but the team itself. Overseeded - badly - as a #1, where most metrics see a three seed. If he wants to win a National Title, he might not think he can do so at Xavier. So, go to Louisville, get paid, and have a program with resources, history, and access to talent.

Yeah, he's an X Guy through and through. And it's a bit jarring from that perspective. But overall - makes decent sense.

8. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Is he going to be short some scholarships in Louisville? Or no? I don't remember what their punishment was.

You forgot the three commercial breaks.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Louisville is still pending on the NCAA front. I suspect a lot of vacated wins from Petino and not much with teeth.

10. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I'm hoping you did this on purpose.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Inty, my issue was with the going to Louisville part, more than the leaving Xavier. He'll be in recruiting hell for at least two years there, and judged against Calipari's perennial top class.

Potential openings at UCLA, Arizona, maybe Wisconsin next year? That's not even taking retirements into account. Could have stuck around a year with a pretty great roster in a winnable conference and landed in a better spot, I think.

4 million's great - surely an inflated offer due to Louisville's athletic program's state of absolute chaos, as they needed a big name to restore any credibility. An awful situation to go into, though, even if the investigation ends up centering on Pitino more than the school. Perhaps he'll go the route that Bill O'Brien did at PSU, and make the most of it. Hope so.

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Those Notre Dame women are damn impressive.

I cannot believe how that went down.

13. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Both Women's Final Four games went to overtime.

No way the Men's Final Foul can top that.

(Looking forward to eating my words).

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Like the extra week before the Super Bowl, I hate having this much time off between games, it totally kills the momentum/excitement.

PCCViking and heels1785 like this.
  15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    You should heed the words of Shea Serrano

heels1785 likes this.
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Okay

Okay

Obviously not ALL of his words

heels1785 likes this.
  18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I mean, he's not wrong -- though I guess it depends on what he means by the rest of the sentence... it was easily the third-best of them. :p

19. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Wait you think TDKR wasn't the worst of them?

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    the best of the three. i'm like the only one, i know. but be careful calling it TDKR, i've been told - that's frank miller's the dark knight returns. and dc comics is srs bidness. :p

anyway, best not to ruin the joyous final four celebrations just because dp is here.

i got michigan and nova tonight. i am indifferent towards michigan athletics as a whole, and know that i'll draw the ire of inty and lloyd (or maybe not, given the reality of heels endorsement = guaranteed failure), but i want beilein and those kids to get a national title. especially as we robbed them of their best chance at one, many moons ago.

21. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    How can anyone not from Michigan be rooting against Loyola?

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    not that i'm rooting against them. just not picking them to win. which is actually doing them a favor.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  23. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Thank you for your support of Ohio State athletics with that pick heels

DarthIntegral and heels1785 like this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    you got it, bro. :p

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005